1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE

Games That Are Modable Like NR2003

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by MonkeyWrenCh, Apr 9, 2017.

1. MonkeyWrenCh

MonkeyWrenCh Well-Known Member

Are there any games like NR2003 that have a large community that have tons of created tracks and cars and a large community creating them? Is there any that allows you to edit driver ratings like NR2003? The only one I can find is RFactor but they don't let you edit driver ratings. Thanks :)

2. FloridaFan88

FloridaFan88 Well-Known Member

GTR2 is one of the finest games I've ever played. GT cars, prototypes, touring cars, everything! You should try that one. There are thousands of mods and tracks available all over the web.

frow78 and InsideLine like this.
  3. Mcc457

Mcc457 Well-Known Member

Assetto Corsa's modding scene is pretty large, but I doubt there's any oval racing, and I'm not sure how AI is done there. Your best bet for oval is the original NASCAR Heat, but you can't really do much with driver ratings. Basically you're not going to find many other games with such an extensive AI system.

4. MonkeyWrenCh

I'll check both out thanks. Can you edit AI ratings in GTR2 like NR2003?

5. FloridaFan88

Yes, but it's a little more complicated than in NR2003.

6. MonkeyWrenCh

Sweet I'll check it out when my computer is fixed. What do you mean that it is more complicated?

7. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

There are a few things you can do in the original Nascar Heat such as editing the rank of each driver in the DRIVERS file which is found in Mod folders. Sometimes when I want a real challenge I set all the ranks to 1, makes for an interesting race at short tracks.

8. FloridaFan88

The AI driver rating values are in .rcd files for each AI driver. Those values are finicky to mess with. If there was a NRatings-style program for it, it would be easier to edit.