Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Gen 6 cars coming as DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubba025

"I Wanna Go Fast."
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty disappointed with some of the schemes they're putting out as DLC. There's guys that could do a lot more accurate paints in the in-game paint shop lol. I hope it's because of licensing...

celticfang

Waffle addict
SRD Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the teams dictate which schemes make it in, it isn't a cert that (say) Jeff's DuPont scheme will get in even if the fans want it, Hendrick could say that they don't want a certain scheme in (let's say the DTEH one), that's between the team and devs, nothing we the players can do.

bubba025

"I Wanna Go Fast."
SRD Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the teams dictate which schemes make it in, it isn't a cert that (say) Jeff's DuPont scheme will get in even if the fans want it, Hendrick could say that they don't want a certain scheme in (let's say the DTEH one), that's between the team and devs, nothing we the players can do.
Very true, but I highly doubt that Tommy Baldwin wanted Robby's #7 instead of the actual number. And Robby's car is just terrible lol.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I really hope they at least update the paint schemes...if they release the DLC with a mix of old and new paint schemes...I'd just stick with the 2012 cars. Not worth paying to see the same schemes on a new car, imo.

Sgt Slaughter

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
There are so many schemes that are messed in more ways than one. Why would teams approve of the schemes that look 10x worse than the on-track car.

bubba025

"I Wanna Go Fast."
SRD Member
Reaction score
I really hope they at least update the paint schemes...if they release the DLC with a mix of old and new paint schemes...I'd just stick with the 2012 cars. Not worth paying to see the same schemes on a new car, imo.
I'd be 100% okay with that too.

Mo Neenja31

Rocketman
Banned
Reaction score
Is Dave Blaney even sponsored by Widow Wax anymore?Or is this a half assed copy and paste job? The 30's being sponsored by Widow Wax.

Mo Neenja31

Rocketman
Banned
Reaction score
Copy/Paste lol
Good 'ol $Eutechnyx$

Seriously, I get bombarded for saying the schemes are inaccurate because the teams send 2 month old preliminary renders, least they could do is use real images from Google and base it off of that. If I was a team owner, I wouldn't want some half assed 2D render representing one of my cars. They claim they're gonna get sued, I'd pay them extra if they get the details right. Seriously, it's not worth the $25 for schemes from last year, team numbers on the wrong cars, fictionals, etc.

I can tell you there is NO way the 5, 7, 21, 38, 83 & 93 are gonna get approved. It's asinine. The number on the 5 is ridiculously small, the 7 has the wrong number font and the sponsor isn't with TBR, the 21 has two contigs and the number is weirdly rotated, 38 isn't sponsored by ModSpace and the 83 & 93 have completely different primaries. Some of the other cars are just as bad. Gran Turismo only had a limited NASCAR field but there was literally nothing wrong the schemes. Every decal was perfect unlike Eutechnyx where everything overlaps and is oddly scaled. The schemes in GT5 blow NTG out of the water. Eutechnyx should probably get a new art team.

NNS

SRD Member
Reaction score
Good number sizing Eutechnyx
Small

Huge

Not to complain, but seriously if you're going to release a carset for the brand new nascar race car at least make it well done. Hell they didn't even have Jeff Gordon's primary AARP car.

Mo Neenja31

Rocketman
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah that annoyed me, well I guess it was easier for them to copy and paste paste years Pepsi scheme and add two new logos. What also annoyed is that most teams run the same contig layout but some team cars had their contigs really low while some had theirs almost touching the number. It should be uniform. And of Eutechnux wants to keep their "authentic" detail reputation, they gotta clean up these schemes.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Licensing agreements (contracts) relating to the game are the reason things are the way they are.
Roush has a contract that states that #6 Eco Boost car must be in every race in the game. RGM has a contract that states his car must be in the game, there is a contract that states that Seal Wrap/Widow Wax must be with Blaney, there is a contract that states that that #7 trademark/font is the only one to be used in the game, etc.

Basically all contracts/licensing agreements from the original game apply to this DLC as it's still that game. Where they've been able to re-work/change the licensing agreements they have & not every team/driver/sponsor has the same agreement, etc so things change as they are legally able to be changed.

anyone know the price for the dlc?
43 Gen6 cars
96 - 160 Challenges

So that is 139 - 203 pieces of DLC for $25 ($24.99 price of Inside Line Pack on PSN Store right now, Xbox has it for whatever the MS-Points equivalent is) which breaks down to $0.12 -$0.17 per piece of DLC if you buy it as the package deal.

Alternately you can also buy each car for $1.

Mo Neenja31

Rocketman
Banned
Reaction score
Licensing agreements (contracts) relating to the game are the reason things are the way they are.
Roush has a contract that states that #6 Eco Boost car must be in every race in the game. RGM has a contract that states his car must be in the game, there is a contract that states that Seal Wrap/Widow Wax must be with Blaney, there is a contract that states that that #7 trademark/font is the only one to be used in the game, etc.

Basically all contracts/licensing agreements from the original game apply to this DLC as it's still that game. Where they've been able to re-work/change the licensing agreements they have & not every team/driver/sponsor has the same agreement, etc so things change as they are legally able to be changed.
How do you know about these contracts? If these contracts are real, there's so many flaws with them. For example you said Widow Wax must be used with Blaney, yet they aren't even sponsoring him in 2013 & sponsoring a COMPLETELY new driver who drives for a COMPLETELY different team. And I highly doubt RG would want other teams using his font. If he wanted in game, he probably woulda had the RGM 07 instead of the generic western font. As for the whole RGM 7 on TBR's car, that's just half assert by Eutechnyx. I know you're a mod there and you gotta do what you gotta do but it's obvious. TBR would much rather use the font they are using now than a different teams font. That would absurd if they didn't. That's like Roush wanting RCR's traditional number set even though Roush runs a different style on track.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
How do you know about these contracts?
Because I know how the real-world that isn't filled with Copyright & Trademark infringement (like the nr03, rFactor, etc worlds are) works.

For example you said Widow Wax must be used with Blaney, yet they aren't even sponsoring him in 2013 & sponsoring a COMPLETELY new driver who drives for a COMPLETELY different team.
Yes but this isn't a 2013 game, these aren't 2013 contracts/licensing deals. This is a 2012 game with 2012 contracts/licensing deals.

And I highly doubt RG would want other teams using his font.
It's actually the Ultra Motorsports font, that Robby just decided to continue using after he bought the team.

TBR would much rather use the font they are using now than a different teams font. That would absurd if they didn't.
And what is to say that the ETX & TBR legal teams aren't currently meeting over that very topic trying to draw-up a new contract? You can't show what you legally don't have the rights to show, once again this is the real-world where Trademark & Copyright laws actually mean something and not the fantasy world that nr03 painters live in where they can violate every Trademark/Copyright law out there often (though not always) without repercussions.

Skippy

SRD Member
Reaction score
burtmyers1

a combination of different sites
ie: outlawgamerz.com (30+ cars
Saferbarrierproject.com (5-6 cars)
rudyjonhson.jimdo.com (10 cars)
Simracingdesign uploaded by Checker_Mc, I have got 3 cars from Andre and he does beautiful work.
and I'm sure there are many more sites out there doing the gen 6 cars,
all I did was Google "Nr2003 2013 Chevy SS" and then whatever site has the 2013 SS generally has the 2013 Fusion and Camry and then I follow the links on those sites to find out if anyone else has the gen 6 , some may only have 2-3 cars but if you search can find the treasure.
I currently have an entry list of 52 gen 6 cars, most (40+) with current paint schemes .
they may not be "perfect" but then I don't need perfect, it is just a game after all c.c

Last edited:

Mo Neenja31

Rocketman
Banned
Reaction score
Yes but this isn't a 2013 game, these aren't 2013 contracts/licensing deals. This is a 2012 game with 2012 contracts/licensing deals.
That still doesn't make any sense. There's no point of this DLC if they're gonna have to use outdated contracts.

Fisha695 said:
And what is to say that the ETX & TBR legal teams aren't currently meeting over that very topic trying to draw-up a new contract? You can't show what you legally don't have the rights to show, once again this is the real-world where Trademark & Copyright laws actually mean something and not the fantasy world that nr03 painters live in where they can violate every Trademark/Copyright law out there often (though not always) without repercussions.
So you're saying there is a possibility that the contracts might get updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.