1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Getting Very Frustrated

Discussion in 'GIMP Basic Help and Navigation' started by bvc, Aug 15, 2016.

1. bvc

bvc Is Mayonaise an Instrument?

Because I suck at painting cars, no matter what I do, whenever I try to create curves or shapes on cars with the path tool it ends up uneven or not lined up. I've been trying for 3 hours to make Landon Cassill's MDS base and every single time the stupid stripe on the car hasn't even been close to right. Could anyone please help me? Without the path tool I don't know how I'll be able to make cars.

2. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Try using the oval/circle selection tool to make the round part of the blue area on the car, with a mix of the rectangular selection tool and the free-select tool for the top areas and the sides. After that, go to Layer>Selection>Alpha to Selection. This should highlight the full colored area that you colored blue. Use the rectangular tool to deselect the nose of the car..... Now to go Selection>Grow, and increase it by, i'd say 8-10, and hit okay. Now go to a new layer underneath the one with the blue, and fill that with orange.

3. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 HACK THE BONE

When making paths, block out your design by marking areas loosely. When that's done, hold CTRL and drag the corresponding handles to adjust the Bezier curves. Use "Selection from Path" to make the fill and "Stroke Path" to create an outline on a layer above the filled layer.

x.jpg

It takes a few attempts to get it to look right at first, but a base like the MDS Transport car is perfect for beginners!

pomcat, ArchBanana, bvc and 2 others like this.