Latest resources

NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene MattyO
NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene for Max8 and above.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Car Viewer Files MattyO
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Templates 2048 x 2048 MattyO
2048 x 2048 Templates in PSD format.
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
32 Corey LaJoie 2020 Schluter Systems Ford Mustang JNieder51188
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2020 NXS17 Xfinity batch 3 canadienhits
24 Xfinity cars from the 2020 season.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Gimp Help

rowdy

SRD Member
Reaction score
i need help on the alpha part i cant find the tool

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
Right click on the layer, go down the list of things and click "Alpha To Selection"

rowdy

SRD Member
Reaction score
ok i found it and i been playin with it but what if your doin it to a picture that has white in it? what do you do to make it leave the white alone in the actual picture

Foots

SRD Member
Reaction score
Are you saying you want to take another color out, or that you don't want all of the white out, just some of it?

ColoRadio

SRD Member
Reaction score
Try using the magic wand in the toolbox, select the color on the layer you're working on, you can adjust the threshold on the bottom part of the toolbox.

Michael James

MJ
SRD Member
Reaction score
ok i found it and i been playin with it but what if your doin it to a picture that has white in it? what do you do to make it leave the white alone in the actual picture
Read the first post in this thread.

rowdy

SRD Member
Reaction score
say like i got a car i painted and rendered and i want to add a back ground to it but the letters are white or the base has white in it

B.McKeever

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I could kiss you, man! I have been trying to figure out how to make numbers for EVER. You're the man. Very simple instructions and nice lookin' site. (I won't really kiss you, just very happy!)

Michael James

MJ
SRD Member
Reaction score
I could kiss you, man! I have been trying to figure out how to make numbers for EVER. You're the man. Very simple instructions and nice lookin' site. (I won't really kiss you, just very happy!)
Join the site, then you can ask for more questions.

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Paint shop pro is better then gimp and paint.net. It costs about $100. If you get it with a coupon you could probably get it for 60 bucks. Its what I paid. And 20 more for the upgrade to the newest version that just came out.

Photoshop is $1000 unless you get it through an educational discount as a student which you need a university id and some other things for.

GIMP and PSP are free but they do not have all the polished goodies of PSP or PS.

Its up to you as to what you want to use. I use PSP Photo X2 Ultimate and PS CS3. I love both, i have found the pen tool easier to master in PSP. But again its about which one you learn first i suppose.

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering but is Gimp almost like Photoshop?
It's extremely similar, although GIMP is free and Photoshop has many more features. For something as simple as making a car, you can use GIMP until you can afford Photoshop, like me.

Josh Mertz

#JB17
SRD Member
Reaction score
And you get can layer effects for GIMP like PS, my tut.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk-DN5vGsIc]YouTube - How to get Photoshop Layer Effects in GIMP[/ame]

labontefanboy

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to select multiple layers so you can resize them on the same scale?