1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Graphics Card Update

Discussion in 'NR2003 - PC Support and Troubleshooting' started by puckhogg11, Nov 23, 2017.

1. puckhogg11

puckhogg11 Well-Known Member

It's Black Friday and I'm in the market for a new graphics card. I have a NVidia GE Force GTX960 2gb gddr5 card now but I'm tired of the fps drop coming out of turn 4 on a lot of the newer tracks. Any suggestions? I've read here in the forums that the Radeon cards eliminate the fps drops. True?

i5-6600K
    Asus Z170 pro gaming motherboard
    32gb gskill ripjaws

Should have added that all the car have been compressed using winmip2.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  2. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Site Administrator Admin

Yes AMD does a better job with legacy drivers essentially. I run an R9 390. I dont have any of the issue I had when I tried the 970 or the 1070. I gave both a spin. Went back to my AMD cards both times. 7870 at the time when I tried the 970 GTX, and I opted to get a R9 390 to replace that. Tried the 1070 FTW by EVGA same issues. So it went back. If I buy another card it would be AMD hands down. They have never let me down on compatibility for this game.

I would recommend and RX 580 or 480. They are about equivalent to my R9 390 in performance terms

puckhogg11 likes this.
  3. puckhogg11

Thank you Alan. That's what I thought I had read but wanted to make sure before I spent the money. The RX580 will work with my Z170 motherboard, right?

4. Alan Harkleroad

Yep shouldnt be an issue.

5. puckhogg11

Perfect. I'll wait until Monday and see if the price drops any for Cyber Monday. Alan I really appreciate your help. Hopefully my FPS drops will be over soon.

6. puckhogg11

Got the AMD card on Friday. All of my FPS drops are a thing of the past. It's nice to run any track without any problems.

7. Alan Harkleroad

U
    Isnt it.