1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

gt5 delayed again!

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by ongias25, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ongias25

ongias25 Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
  2. BenCrazy424

BenCrazy424 Well-Known Member

Yes it is true but if it makes the product free of bugs than I don't mind. Plus, this is actually the first delay, the others do not count because there was no release date back than.

(Are you sure sony is a joke? They look a hell lot better than Microsoft who rips people a new one with console failure rate, poor supply of games this year, and a yearly fee for online which sony has for free).

And your link is dead.

3. JRRacing64

JRRacing64 Well-Known Member

That sucks! 3 weeks from the scheduled release and it gets another delay? What was all that hype about November 2nd all about? I don't know how my Preorder will be effected. But I'm definitely not happy about this.

Wish they would give a reason for this delay rather then an apology...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  4. Fisha695

Fisha695 Well-Known Member

I look at it this way. In a gaming society where the younger generation & game developers now have complacence for releasing/accepting unfinished products because "it can be patched later", I'm so glad that (it appears) a gaming company still has integrity in their product and actually finishing it before release instead of having the attitude of "we;ll patch it later".

5. zaw24fan

zaw24fan SRD National Series Director Paint Crew

Fixed! ;)

6. Mustang

Mustang #11DH #14CB #18KB #20CB #42KL #99CE

Dang! That kinda sucks ! Alwell I guess I'll be playing more NR2093 ;) .. What's the holidays ? Is it Christmas or summer for you guys in America ?

7. dalejrgamer

dalejrgamer $9.99/mo

I don't know whether I should laugh at this or cry...

8. wslates

wslates 1

Neither. It's fall.

9. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Never trusting Sony again. I didn't intend to buy this game, but seriously...first a below-par "Next-Gen" game console, and now this.

10. Fisha695

Why because unlike the majority of developers today who do nothing but rush bug filled games that require multiple patches, Sony & PD are taking the time to make it so the game doesn't need to be patched.

11. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Personally, because it can work, even if I did have the PlayStation 3, it's a lot better to release a game early with minor bugs, than take up a lot of time trying to make it perfect on the first shot. Truth is, they don't have to. Patches partially exist for that reason. It satisfies the gamer who doesn't really give a...err...darn about every little bug, and then they can download the path when necessary.

12. dalejrgamer

dalejrgamer $9.99/mo

Quite funny you mention this because, on one end of the spectrum, you have F1 2010 by Codemasters, which is 20 times as buggy as a hot summer day in Virginia, and they released it as planned with very little testing. On the other end, you have GT5 by Polyphony that wants the game to be as buggy as the North Pole during the wintertime (i.e. none at all), yet they can't stick to one release date (especially since this one comes less than a month before the November 2nd release).

13. Furinkazen

Furinkazen Well-Known Member

Delayed?! Again?!

Wow, how about just sticking a "TBC 2011-2012" as the date instead?

14. Fisha695

Technically it's not delayed again, it's only had 1 release date (November 2nd, 3rd, & 4th depending on region).

Yes there was a rumored Japanese date in like March but that was never made official, and well there were many other rumored dates but none were made official. So it's not really "Delayed Again" it's just "Delayed for the first time".

Don't get me wrong I understand that in theory it was supposed to come out two years ago, but the "delays" before an official release date was publicly set I wouldn't classify as delays.

15. kdw48

kdw48 Well-Known Member

lol. i dont even think anyone cares anymore now that we know nascar 2011 is coming out...

16. BaltoRacing

BaltoRacing New Member

My friend send me the link this morning. I could only shake my head while reading it. lol

At this point, NASCAR 2011 The Game will be out before this.

17. Fisha695

Ok the alleged reason that the game is delayed is because of the following.

The Hackers that Jailbroke the PS3 on Firmware 3.41, thus causing FW 3.42 (which the Dev-Kit for 3.41 still worked for) and a few weeks later FW3.50 (which required a new Sony Dev-Kit 350). Sony mandated that all games released after October be released using SDK350 and it's new security features.

This setback caused GT5 to miss it's Gold Date by 3 days, but it's not just as simple as delaying the print date by 3 days. There are only so many Blu-ray printing "centers" (I guess that'd be the correct term?) and well the majority of the printing lines this time of year are being taken up by Movies (meaning no extra open/backup printing lines that could be used). It's going to take about 3 weeks to print the over 7 million copies of the game for the release shipment, and since they missed their gold date the product run that was inline to be printed after them now got to move ahead of GT5. So basically now it's a waiting game, whenever that other product lines (not sure if it's a game or movie) is done running then GT5 will be printed for 3 weeks, shipped & released.

The tentative (unofficial/rumored) release window is from 11/26 (black friday) to 12/10.

So basically for all intents & purposes the game has "Gone Gold", it's just in a holding pattern waiting to get onto the production line.

18. JRRacing64

JRRacing64 Well-Known Member

I read that too, &^*!%#& $$@ Pirates... lol.

Well looks like if things go well it could land on my Birthday lol. What a present that would be.

19. Jonathan Patten

Jonathan Patten Well-Known Member

Sony, Sony, Sony...what shall I do with thou and Grand Turismo 5?

On a more serious note, this game better not be buggy...

20. RyanBFan12

RyanBFan12 Well-Known Member

i heard that the release date has been rumored from this holiday season to tuesday 07 december 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.