1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

GurtonBuster's Showroom

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by GurtonBuster, Apr 17, 2017.

1. GurtonBuster

GurtonBuster I'm in the business of misery

I'm such a tease :p I hope you're ready.

[​IMG]

I meant to get more into this yesterday but I got pulled away. Anyway, my newest project. I've noticed a few people saying they like the backstories for teams/drivers; I have a few and I'll include them in spoiler tags for each driver. In this set you'll find issues; most were on purpose (can't say all because I'm sure I'll find something). Everything isn't perfect on the track therefore I wanted to take some liberties and purposefully create some inconsistencies. That's the beauty of creating your own carset; everything can be how you want it to be. This is probably not the final form for all cars; seeing them in 3D I noticed a few things I'd like to change up/add so when (and if) this is released expect some changes.

Credits for the entire showroom as follows:
    Temps: BER, SDG, Cosmin, Smiffsden (with help from Crazyboy355)
    Bases: Me, NDG, Stunod, SDG, Crazyboy335 (Z-Line because I was too lazy and hate the Gen6 temps)
    Logos: Masgrafx, Google, Me, RPD, MLD, Deadpool, KrispyKreme, David24, NascarArtist20, SRD, BER, Stunod, John Gamboa, Brandon Miller, Ben&Jerry's
    Numbers: BER, Me, RPD, Masgrafx,
    Conts: Drink_Soko, Alan Harkleroad, Me, MRD
    Renders: Scenes from Stunod (Iceman specifically, I believe), Cosmin, Smiffsden, most modified by me.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Mystical, thefaeway, JKZ83 and 2 others like this.
  2. GurtonBuster

Without further ado we have our first team.

You may recognise this team from the HTC Series. This team was a powerhouse last season in HTC Series and has expanded into the top tier. Falken Tire, Hisense, and Krispy Kreme have all made the jump with the team, although the #5 car will run part of the season unsponsored.

#5 Karl Petrussen, Greenland
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#51 Luna Castellanos, Mexico
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    JKZ83, BXB148, burtonbraves and 5 others like this.
  3. GurtonBuster

With a name that the owner came up with while watching "Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century (yes, I'm serious, that's how I came up with it), you may recognise this team from the HTC Series as well. The powerhouse team of both the HTC Series and the Shell V Power Series, Team Xenon is looking to strike again this season. Expect great things coming out of this team.

#21 Logan Wicks, Australia
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#22 Hiryuu Kuroki, Japan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another team from the HTC Series, SuperCheap Auto Racing recently expanded and brought driver Jamie Atkinson with them. Jamie had some good runs last season in the HTC Series, scoring his first win at Myrtle Beach. The team is expecting moderately good results but know that it takes time to get to the top.

#60 Jamie Atkinson, Australia
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  4. thefaeway

thefaeway Well-Known Member

It could be worse. You could be naming your teams "Yeime"... ;)

GurtonBuster likes this.
  5. AntCurtain

AntCurtain Well-Known Member

As usual, fantastic work. I always love the Super-car inspired paints. Only one thing, though...have you thought about removing the Sunoco contingency since the series is sponsored by Shell?

GurtonBuster likes this.
  6. GurtonBuster

Thank you! Supercars are my favourite series and I think it really shows lol.

The Sunoco contingency never even crossed my mind. I may have to go back and make a new Shell one and update all the cars (renders are complete and will not be updated, however).

#38 Chloe Crawford, United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

#75 Michael Hendricks, Canada
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    USG updated their logo and I had to make the hood white to make it work.

Hot shot rookie out of Australia, Summer Case was unable to find sponsorship for her rookie season. Impressive in Australia, look for Case to shine on the road courses.
    #78 Summer Case, Austrailia
    [​IMG]

JKZ83, thefaeway, InsideLine and 2 others like this.
  7. Chachow88

Chachow88 Well-Known Member

Dem bottle'o/SuperCheap and Shell schemes tho :eek:

8. GurtonBuster

I have more Supercar inspired schemes to come! ;) It was really weird painting that SuperCheap scheme on a ford considering the scheme I based it off of was Holden :p

I'm going to knock out a few more today, the boring unsponsored cars with no team background.

#14 Serina Matsuno, Switzerland
    [​IMG]

#39 Luís Rodrigues, Brasil
    [​IMG]

#92 Evie Howden, Australia
    [​IMG]
    This one was originally supposed to go in a drastically different direction but maybe those plans will come to fruition next season.

9. GurtonBuster

#7 Michael Courtney, USA[​IMG]

#07 Scott Moore, USA
    [​IMG]

#17 Tobias Pedersen, Norway
    [​IMG]

Coming into their own in the HTC Series, NRG Motorsports made the call to expand pretty quickly. Tagging veteran driver Billy Lambert, NGR is looking for good results but knows that it will take time.
    #52 Billy Lambert, USA
    [​IMG]

After stellar results in the HTC Series, Team BOC moved up last season and brought Wilks with. The young Aussie is great in everything she drives and a cup car is no different.
    #09 Grace Wilks, Australia
    [​IMG]

10. GurtonBuster

#11 Johanna Schweitzer, Belgium
    [​IMG]

#82 Izaak Sobczak, Poland (wrong flag #whoops)
    [​IMG]

Another team from the HTC Series, QGR made the leap to the Cup Series and has been running midpack. Veteran James Walters is nearing the end of his career but is still providing valuable insight for QGR.
    #2 James Walters, Canada
    [​IMG]

#05 Josef Kovařík, The Netherlands
    [​IMG]

11. JKZ83

JKZ83 Active Member

GurtonBuster likes this.
  12. GurtonBuster

Thanks! I haven't even posted my favourites yet!

Chachow88 likes this.
  13. GurtonBuster

#77 Matteo Rizzo, Italy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cassill-Gil Racing is yet another team from the HTC Series. Making the jump several seasons ago, Damian Gil came along last season. The team came out strong but had a big sophomore slump. CGR is looking to rebound this year but is fully expecting to run midpack.
    #01 Damian Gil, Mexico
    [​IMG]

#10 Hiroshi Nishiyama, Japan
    [​IMG]

14. Chachow88

Chachow88 Well-Known Member

I'm in love with the shape of this carset!

GurtonBuster likes this.
  15. GurtonBuster

Thank you! They're gorgeous out on track too! I can't wait until it's time to post my favourites!

Chachow88 likes this.
  16. NinjaPanther42

NinjaPanther42 Well-Known Member

These are good! That Patron scheme would look tough as a Widow Wax Scheme as well

GurtonBuster likes this.
  17. GurtonBuster

I may have to look into that! You're totally right!

#33 Kit Petros, Greece
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#30 Ashley Norton, USA
    [​IMG]

Another team from the HTC Series, Maple Autosport is famous for their Canadian drivers and Canadian Tire sponsorship. After some good runs last season, Microsoft hopped on board hoping Delphine brings even more great results.
    #88 Delphine Lebel, Canada
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thefaeway likes this.
  18. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Looking good so far! I do have a couple things to point out though. First, the roof number on the Kiklos #33 is barely legible. Second, I don't know if you want this to be in line with the real life NASCAR series, but if you do, the Jeg's and Auto Meter contingency programs no longer exist, and that would be the incorrect NASCAR Race Car decal.

GurtonBuster likes this.
  19. GurtonBuster

Thanks; I appreciate the feedback! I think I meant to change the roof number on that one and then...didn't. I'll add it to the list of what I need to fix, thanks for catching that. I also didn't know that the Jegs and Auto Meter program ended so I guess that needs fixed too lol. What's up with the Race Car decal? It looks like they're running a new one with the new NASCAR logo; is mine just an inaccurate version?

20. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

Yours is inaccurate. Luckily Alan's 2017 contig sheet has the right one on it.
    [​IMG]

GurtonBuster likes this.