1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Harvick hit with L1 penalty

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ayrwolf, Nov 7, 2018.

1. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

Harvick found with altered spoiler at Texas. Docked 40 driver and owners points. Win can not be used for advancement

2. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

He won Vegas and also go hit with L1. Won the next race at Phoenix, and oddly enough, that's the next track , so can it happen again? (Might be tougher because the crew chief and car chief were also suspended)

UPDATE: Tony Gibson will be the crew chief. So it's all good.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    BrendonH12 and joeykraus19 like this.
  3. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

That #4 team knows how to get it done at Phoenix anyways, so I think he'll be fine. I don't have any doubts that they won't be moving.

BrendonH12 and joeykraus19 like this.
  4. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

Shockey Rai likes this.
  5. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

Holy crap that's huge. I know Harvick is strong at Phoenix/ISM, but one mistake and that could be championship hopes gone for Harvick since Kurt is now only 3 points behind and Chase (-17 from Harvick now) can sneak in if both Harvick and Kurt gets into trouble. Childers and Cheddar Smith (his car chief) gone for the rest of the season isn't going to help Harvick's chances either.

Also interesting to see they're not appealing. Looks like SHR is aware that they were using an altered spoiler on Harvick's car. If Harvick fails to advance to Homestead as a result of this, then I think it's safe to say that there's no one to be blamed but the team for tampering his car out of the championship.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  6. bvc

bvc Hero Card & Diecast Enthusiast

Oof ouch owie my championship hopes.

7. ayrwolf

For the most part I would agree with you. I know it is the same track surface but I have heard that the new configuration could change the way the race is run (no more dive bombing at the link). NASCAR is going to pick the 4 car apart during inspections. IMO they have been running “cheated up” for a good part of the year and NASCAR finally figured it out

thedude1987 likes this.
  8. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

With a profile pic like that, you should know a lot about cheating... ;)

9. Swagger Racing 26

Swagger Racing 26 Well-Known Member

so the #12 and #20 cars also got a L1 penalty but they only got a 20 point penalty but Harvick got 40 pts what ??

and also good thing it passed their laser inspection right before rolling it out to the grid maybe their lasers need a penalty lol

Riley Maddox, Spike and BrendonH12 like this.
  10. ayrwolf

I have the 18 for my profile not the 48. lol

11. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

I have a guess that the 40 points penalty compared to 20 is because they're in the Chase, unlike the others (being Blaney and Jones).

ouch the johnson fan inside me hurts

12. K.Chuck

K.Chuck --Hijinxtattoo--

A team that dominate all season....Atleast Phoenix will be a lot more interesting with three spots open.

Tetronix likes this.
  13. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Yeah, because Harvick's dealt with the spoiler not meeting requirements. The 12 had issues with the door front crush panels, while the 20 had issues with a package tray. I'd say the spoiler issue is a much bigger no-no, and NASCAR clearly thought that too.

But can we talk about how bad the inspection process was this week? First you had the deal with Jimmie being sent to the back because of a 'miscommunication' related to inspections, and then this, which wasn't caught pre-race or post-race (assuming it was modified during the race on a pit stop). Lack of clarity from NASCAR (per the usual) doesn't help matters...

14. Ceafus 88

Ceafus 88 NR2003's Original 03

Crazy how this one penalty that they doubled on him might cost hi the championship after he has:
    • Most Wins
    • Most Top-5's
    • Most Top-10's
    • Most Laps Led
    • Most Stage Wins
    on the season so far, but oh well.

Riley Maddox and Tetronix like this.
  15. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

Thats twice they have gotten nabbed on AERO related items (first the window brace and now this)....

What'll be interesting is IF the winning driver at Homestead (championship) fails inspection or the R&D Inspection. How will NASCAR treat that?

16. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

I'd think that they would inspect all 4 cars from that race and whoever was the second out of the four chasers would get it, if they didn't fail tech.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  17. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

I think thats the case too but imagine how pissed a driver would be to celebrate for nothing...

18. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

Hey @BrendonH12 , I heard Harvick was caught cheating. Lol.

19. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

I can't even fathom the blowback NASCAR would get for a title-winning car failing inspection...

IF that happens, and IF they don't sweep it under the rug, I would imagine that would elicit a swift change to how they handle such an occurrence.

20. oddball

oddball Well-Known Member

I knew somehow his crew would drop the ball again. Harvick year in and year our gets screwed by his crew. It makes me wonder if they just hate him that much. lol

I also think it’s a bit of a misconception that Harvick is fine because he’s going to Phoenix. The last time he won in the fall is 2014. He’ll be there, but I don’t think he’ll win and I don’t think he’s gonna be in the Championship 4. There’s always one person that every bet on to make it and doesn’t. I think it’s Harvick this year.

Riley Maddox likes this.