Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

How can I make a mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a tutorial, but i cannot find one. I am talking about making a mod or car and not paint one. I want to make an actual car for the game. Custm creating the stucture and stuff.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a tutorial, but i cannot find one. I am talking about making a mod or car and not paint one. I want to make an actual car for the game. Custm creating the stucture and stuff.
A long road that usually requires a group of skilled individual to pull off. Here is where you'd begin: »» welcome to the pits ««

The tool package at the top.

Harry Nurpplez

Making a comeback!
SRD Member
Reaction score
And not to mention lots of experience in general computer programing with many hours in a model creating program to boot. And then at least one years total dedication to this and ONLY this in your free time. Maybe even three years if its still just you.

Not trying to dis-sway you but that's the reality.

TheGrunt

SRD Member
Reaction score
It is quite a task indeed, of course also depenfing on the quality you are trying to achieve. MS flight simulator series have a long history of freeware model making and although there is a SDK for it simplifying certain things, making a quality model isn't easy and you really need to learn the tricks of the trade.

Just making accurate wireframe models is very time consuming, especially if you haven't done any 3D modeling before. So, I suggest you download Blender at first (it is free and tutorials are easily available) and try building some models with it without thinking any complete mod at first. I'll bet you find out that it is very, very time consuming even with some quite simple features if you are not familiar with modeling already.

Fiddling with some 3D modeling software gives you certainly some good perspective to freeware modding comminuty's work and certainly even more respect for their efforts. I'm not implying that OP doesn't respect modder's work now, but trying it personally really shows one how hard work it truly is.

Status
Not open for further replies.