Updated

How can you do better saves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The title is the question. I wonder how and want some more tips to save your car when spinning. If I spin I would use like 1/5 of throttle and turn to the way I want to turn. If I am like 45 degrees sideways, I would lock down the brakes and keep steering to the direction I want to go. But my car will just turn a 360 all the time. I would me appreciated if i can get more help.

Hendrick4life

309 Wins | 16 Championships
SRD Member
Reaction score
Its a quick action. Sounds like your over correcting by waiting visually for the car to be facing the direction you want it to. When your saving your car try not to worry about what your seeing visually but what your feeling through Force Feedback.

I can really feel when the wheels break loose under me and steer accordingly. Although the car may not look sideways on the screen I can feel it, which allows me to better correct and keep going. Usually if you waiting for visual conformation that the car is turning back to the right, your already over correcting.

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Its a quick action. Sounds like your over correcting by waiting visually for the car to be facing the direction you want it to. When your saving your car try not to worry about what your seeing visually but what your feeling through Force Feedback.

I can really feel when the wheels break loose under me and steer accordingly. Although the car may not look sideways on the screen I can feel it, which allows me to better correct and keep going. Usually if you waiting for visual conformation that the car is turning back to the right, your already over correcting.
My wheel does not have force feedback. My car doesn't over correct, if I get loose to the left, I will quickly try to correct it, but the car will just keeping turning left and spin out

Hendrick4life

SRD Member
Reaction score
Are you staying on the throttle? Also if the setup is already loose there is a less chance of saving the car. What track is this at?

jacobc62

The OG NASCAR Tiger.
Banned
Reaction score
I remember from a class at the Bonderaunt Driving School here in Arizona that getting back on the throttle will help you correct with some steering required. Letting off of the throttle and/or braking will make the car want to turn more.

Basically, brakes help you turn, throttle helos you go straight

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk 2

K.Chuck

--Hijinxtattoo--
SRD Member
Reaction score
In Nr2003 you really need Force Feedback to feel where the car is heading and how to fight it correctly. I never lock down the brakes if I feel its savable, you have no control over the car once the brakes are fully engaged, often causing you to hit something you are trying to avoid. I make small instinctive corrections and breath the throttle trying not to overreact to the wheel. You cant save them all, especially in banked turns and its best to just pin the wheel to the left and scrub of speed with the brakes and down shifting, spinning the car safely to the apron and catch the caution.

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I am think the weight toward more to the back on the car can be a big factor.

Hendrick4life

SRD Member
Reaction score
I am think the weight toward more to the back on the car can be a big factor.
Oh easily can be a big factor, makes the car pretty much spin out going into the corners if you have to much rear weight.

I cant remember exactly, but I read somewhere that realistically NASCAR CCs will have 51.0 as the forward most and 49.0 as the rearmost weight on the car. Start with the easy or fast setups and just drive laps around the track, pushing more and more with your comfort level. Then find your limit.

Also are you using aids? (Probably not if your spinning XD)

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I tired raise the grip slightly. I am just trying to save a car if I get tapped and stuff.

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Pretty much. But for the slower tracks like 1 mile or lower, I can save the car better that a bigger track

Last edited:

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Or better off. You can over correct the car quickly. If you do, your car spins very slowly. Like, if you get a bit sideways to the left and you try to correct and the car quickly snaps to the right. I want that for some more realism.

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
What track are you running? Does this happen at all tracks?
Yeah at all tracks. Also if i try to to warmup my tires under pace laps, when i swerve left and right, my car with sometimes just break loose no matter how tight i can make it. for superspeedways, I run about grips around 1.05-1.10. That is usually for asphalt grip. Others I will run higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.