13 - GEICO For Your Boat Camaro - HOM Hendrick9Fan
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

I recommend some old crazy tracks like Stunts

casssp

SRD Member
Reaction score
Not long ago, I opened a topic asking about some old acrobatic tracks, such as Talladega / Daytona Jump, Roller Coaster, Crazy Bristol, Watkins on Dirt...

I managed to find it through Wayback, and I have come to recommend some for those who don't know and want to go beyond the Stunts and GNC tracks. Administrators, please, can you delete the topic in Where Is or Where Can I Find Forum, because I don't want to be flooding or mess the house, I just came to recommend it.

These are really crazy old fun tracks:

Bakersfield
Bristol_Night_Hill --> I strongly recommend!
Cerealbowl
Daytona_Jump_2003
Daytona_Night_Hillclimb
Lake_Sadoski
Talladega_Hump
Talladega_Moses
Talladega_Squeeze --> I strongly recommend!
watkins_glen_banked
Watkins_Run

Get at https://web.archive.org/web/20071116042211/http://www.mrnormshgw.net/tracks.html

Last edited:

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
@casssp Would you know where to find the alt Redrock from N2 by WCR.

I have the friendly version but they made a bigger hill version where you would flip if you don't lift.

riviera71

SRD Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded the track from the mod squad and it has a file called Big_hillre_redrock_wcr.ptf in the track folder. If you rename that to re_redrock_wcr.ptf it'll take priority over the ptf inside the dat and that might be the version you're looking for? (I haven't tried it)

casssp

SRD Member
Reaction score
I remember this track, but I can't find it either...

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded the track from the mod squad and it has a file called Big_hillre_redrock_wcr.ptf in the track folder. If you rename that to re_redrock_wcr.ptf it'll take priority over the ptf inside the dat and that might be the version you're looking for? (I haven't tried it)
Ahhhh.... thanks. I couldn't remember what I needed to change, it doesn't mention in the readme, LOL.

casssp

SRD Member
Reaction score
I found it here

There's included the file that Riviera talked about. I just tested it, but I didn't notice changes...

riviera71

SRD Member
Reaction score
Did you rename the extra ptf as the trackfolder and .dat are called? It has to match that name exactly or nr2k3 will simply ignore it. (I still haven't tried it so I dont know if I'd notice any difference either)

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
Renaming 'Big_hillre_redrock_wcr.ptf' to 're_redrock_wcr.ptf' within the track folder gives you the larger hill top where you need to lift or flip.

Thornton is an awesome, real roads, street course.

casssp

SRD Member
Reaction score
Well, maybe it's the version I'm using that isn't working. I will try to find another version.

Thornton is an awesome, real roads, street course.
I have her here, the track is very good!

Also, I'm trying to figure out why every time I leave the pit on the Stuntrack track I get a Black Flag. Any suggestion?

Last edited:

riviera71

SRD Member
Reaction score
It's been 15 years based on the date of the file so I'm not sure what I fixed ( :)) but I did fix something on it for a league race back then. Back up the original .ptf and track.ini, unzip the attached files to your stuntrak trackfolder and see if this helps

Would this track qualify for this thread?
There was also MCRarena (but that one seemed to CTD for me) and a few figure 8's

Attachments

Last edited:

casssp

SRD Member
Reaction score
Man, I need to thank you strongly, because after 10 years of playing in it, now the black flags are finally gone! I checked your files and the problem was not the .PTF, but the lines below:

lane_merge_dlong = 360.00 -> In the original it is 350, so I put 360 and it worked.
speed_limit_MPH = 35.0 -> In the original it is 65, so I kept it at 65, because 35 I think is very slow. It worked.

GNC Stunt Road is great and I have it here. I like this track, but too bad the grid is not 43 cars. Also try this one: Bristol_Night_Hill, I'm having a lot of fun with it!

Another question regarding the 2007 season, which of these represents 2007 more accurate before the COT introduction, the default CUP with the 2007 carset, or the old beta NNC07 mod?

Last edited:

riviera71

SRD Member
Reaction score
Nice and whatever is working, don't mess with it :) I remember a track that in no way should be working for pitting, clearing bf's etc and still somehow did so hands off as long as all is ok lol.
Next time I have my wheel set up for nr2k3 I'l give Bristol hill a go, no lockdown in Sweden and the plant where I'm currently at (as a consultant) had a fire a few months ago so not a lot of free time right now.
I'm mostly a track guy but I'm guessing the nnc07 woud be closer shape wise?

casssp

SRD Member
Reaction score
I will not mess with anything, otherwise I will end up spoiling! Really thank you very much!

I know how it is, I work at elementary school, and at the Covid19 moment we have to manage online, and deliver/collect homework from students. Well, good luck at your work.

About the 2007 season, I'm also not sure... I will search more.