Latest resources

FreeCamera NascarMan32
A new, working camera editor for NR2003!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - BRIS2 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - DAY3 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - KAN1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - TEX1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

IndyCar News/Discussion

German500

SRD Member
Reaction score
I only missing the Phoenix Raceway. Beside this, its a good season schedule. I hope of the return of the Chicagoland Speedway or Kentucky Speedway in future as season finale.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
It has been. No real standouts yet for the championship other than Newgarden's consistency, but the 500 can shake things up quite a bit, too. Still way early.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thread bump on bump day. Alonso fails to qualify for the 500. Not sure what this does to the future of him and McLaren in Indycar if anything. Such an embarrassment all around. I feel bad for Alonso but not as bad as I would have felt if Hinch missed it again.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for Alonso, but Zak Brown should be absolutely ashamed. Could've partnered with almost anyone in that paddock, and they chose Carlin, who failed to qualify with every car they had.

nascarfreak88

Sarcasmus pessimus
SRD Member
Reaction score
Could've partnered with almost anyone in that paddock, and they chose Carlin, who failed to qualify with every car they had.
Like I said in the chat yesterday, McLaren and Alonso couldn't partner with Honda, partly because bridges have clearly been burned, partly because he drives for Toyota at the moment. They had to partner with a Chevy team that didn't already have an active partnership. Plus McLaren already have pretty close ties with Carlin (FWIW they've had KMag, Sainz, and Norris drive for them in lower formulae). But clearly, it didn't work out.

It is quite an embarrassment, and I would hope Alonso would still come back next year, and more importantly either does so without McLaren or McLaren partner with a team that is actually worth a damn (it would be pretty cool to hear "Penske McLaren" again).

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
If they partnered with Penske, I'd have to buy another hat, so then I'd have a Penske McLaren and McLaren Honda Andretti hat. And yeah, he'd have speed again. Or even with Carpenter.

nascarfreak88

Sarcasmus pessimus
SRD Member
Reaction score
Everyone needs to read this article: https://apnews.com/a8653967a9714ac7a9a3ba576f712fff

My favorite bit:
that article I linked said:
McLaren discovered after the qualifying run that the car had the wrong gear ratio setup.
“We actually had a 229 (mph) car but we had 227.5 gearing, so we beat ourselves again while we almost made it,” Brown said.
You have got to be fucking kidding me. I've supported McLaren since I was a child, but this is absolutely inexcusable. God damned right you morons don't deserve to race.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Everyone needs to read this article: https://apnews.com/a8653967a9714ac7a9a3ba576f712fff

My favorite bit:

You have got to be fucking kidding me. I've supported McLaren since I was a child, but this is absolutely inexcusable. God damned right you morons don't deserve to race.
Pretty much my sentiment. Huge McLaren fan, but they don't deserve to be there this year. Hopefully, they take it a little more seriously next year.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score

My favorite bit:

This is like when I used to race in NR2003, and I'd accidentally leave my qauli setup on for the race and blow the engine after 4 laps...

This just breaks my heart
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/...366,x0,y248&width=3200&height=1680&fit=bounds
I hope Alonso comes back next year. Or even better a full season with another team. I also think that if McLaren wants to run the 500 they need to put more work in and maybe do a full season as well.

DaleTona75

Unhealthily Obsessed With Backmarkers
SRD Member
Reaction score
This is like when I used to race in NR2003, and I'd accidentally leave my qauli setup on for the race and blow the engine after 4 laps...

This just breaks my heart
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/...366,x0,y248&width=3200&height=1680&fit=bounds
I hope Alonso comes back next year. Or even better a full season with another team. I also think that if McLaren wants to run the 500 they need to put more work in and maybe do a full season as well.
Wow, this is a high budget operation that is an offshoot of a multi time world champion Formula One team with a 2 time world champion driver and they managed to fuck up this bad! If I were Fernando I would be done with this mockery of an organization.

nj9703

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Hot take: there was nothing to redeem himself from.