1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

iPod Touch Advice?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by Ryan597, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan597

Ryan597 Well-Known Member

I'm really thinking about getting an 8GB one with $270 saved up. Is there anything I need to know before getting one, WiFi fees, or places where their the cheapest?

2. LarryFoyt50

LarryFoyt50 Can I get a hand?

Walmart online for about $200 that about the cost and place. If you are in public place or hotel, you might have to pay for the password. Most cases, it's free or you have to have a the right password. Also, buy Ipod covers, they help you protect them when they fall.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ryan597

How much do the covers cost and what is the best kind to get?

4. LarryFoyt50

Depends, Nice covers $15-$30 (cool designs) "Blah" covers $5-$15.

5. Frigus5

Frigus5 Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean

This^

My iPod screen cracked and so I took it to the Apple store and they basically told me that they refuse to fix it, and that I have to cough up $200 for a refurbished one of the same model. The people showed no mercy at all. Even to a kid who was about to fork over all of his money to some greedy company.

I wound up saving $100 by taking it to a 3rd party store in Avon, Indiana. They did it fast and the iPod has been working great ever since.

Seriously though. Get an iPod case and screen cover. Or else Apple will want you to fork over money for a crappy refurbished one.

(This story is also the reason why I will never buy an Apple computer in my life. Or buy a new iPod.)

Edit: What really sucks is, I bought it. And had to repair it. This taught me the tough lesson on why the world sucks. Jeez, when I was pushed into a pool with my phone in my pocket, AT&T replaced it. (I also bought my phone. And pay for the talk, text, and data plans out of my pocket, just for reference to all you people who say kids these days don't know the value of a dollar and get handed everything.) It's sad when AT&T, the company that was rated as the worst customer service, has better customer service than Apple.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  6. LarryFoyt50

My iPod cracked. Luckily, there is three in-depth cracks on the screen, and I cracked at the corner. Buy a cover, no doubt.

Yeah at my old school, there was a kid probably sponsored by Apple. (He and JJ will probably good friends) He will tell you to buy Apple, and bash Microsoft. Microsoft works really well with me. iPod and my Internet server (Safari) is the only Apple products I use. Internet Explorer gave me viruses.

Well, my sister phone went down the toilet at Applebee's.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  7. Ryan597

XD.

So I should get a screen cover and a regular cover?

8. Henderson

Henderson Graphic Designer

You really just have to buy one, and be done. Cases are like five bucks. Wifi is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.