1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

iRacing Mega Update

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by John Gregorio, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psugorilla

psugorilla Well-Known Member

I disagree 100%

One of the key things Papyrus intended when they designed 2k3 was for the customization and the modding.
    iracing was clearly jealous of the superior product that modders were putting out and realizing that their stuff just wasnt that good. They felt threatened, they had the resources to push the community around, and they did.

But you know what? N2k3 is still better than Iracings product. The mods that are available now are incredible. the only thing Iracing has over 2k3 is the updated physics and graphics.

2. John Gregorio

John Gregorio Well-Known Member

I agree to disagree.

Papyrus did enable us to customize the game, yes. However, it was never intended for us to alter the game. Those are two completely different things. The reason people were getting in trouble was because they started doing sneaky things. They were altering the exe, and altering game files. Making a mod that used already built physics we rent a problem.

When First bought the code from Sierra, they assumed ALL legal responsibilities for the code and what people could and could not do with it. It wasn't First/iRacing that broke the rules, was it?

And how could you say iRacing was jealous? For petes sake, they have a multi-millionaire as their funding source. Have you even tried iRacing? How can you speak about it if you haven't?

How could they feel "threatened"? A game built in 2003 would NEVER compete against a new technology sim.

iRacing is a high caliber simulation. It's graphics, models, physics, sounds, and realism are second to none.

3. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

And, to be fair, iRacing has never, to my knowledge, gotten up the behind of a site for making mods that did not alter the .exe file of the game in any way shape or form. iRacing has also not gotten in the way of people painting new cars for NR2003, or making new tracks for NR2003. All they seem to be antsy about are modders going into the areas that they improved to create iRacing, including, but not limited to, the physics.

As for it being for "serious racers only" I hope they're content with the few "serious racers" they are able to get signed up. I guess if the money is really there, all they really need are a few "serious racers" to stay in business, but it's abundantly clear that this game was not meant for people with shallow pockets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.