Latest resources

NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene MattyO
NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene for Max8 and above.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Car Viewer Files MattyO
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Templates 2048 x 2048 MattyO
2048 x 2048 Templates in PSD format.
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
32 Corey LaJoie 2020 Schluter Systems Ford Mustang JNieder51188
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2020 NXS17 Xfinity batch 3 canadienhits
24 Xfinity cars from the 2020 season.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

iRacing only recording at 15 FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

S. Yogurt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm starting work on an iRacing film, taking place at Watkins Glen with the Grand-Am Daytona Prototypes. I'm a little frustrated at the moment because I'll get between 30 and 100 FPS in a normal replay, and as soon as I start recording in FRAPS it drops to 15. It drops and stays at 15 and doesn't fluctuate. Normally while recording I don't lose frames this badly and so consistently so I was wondering if there was a fix for it.

I'm running medium graphics with an i3 processor and onboard graphics. Does just fine while racing, now I'm wondering why my frame rates stick at 15 while recording. Thanks!

Henderson

Graphic Designer
SRD Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I was hoping turning down all my graphics would fix it, but it didn't... I get 30-40 during the race, 80-90 during the replay, but like you said, my frames get down to about 15-20 and stay in that range.

S. Yogurt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I was hoping turning down all my graphics would fix it, but it didn't... I get 30-40 during the race, 80-90 during the replay, but like you said, my frames get down to about 15-20 and stay in that range.
It's gotta be something with the sim but I'm trying to figure it out. It's really annoying. :-/

I also made sure my target frame rate in FRAPS was set a whole lot higher than 15. ;)

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Are you using FRAPS? If so go to the fps tab and only have fps checked and nothing else. Then, go to the movies tab and check custom fps and type 120. Dont know what full-size and half-size does. If u want check lock framerate while recording.

S. Yogurt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Are you using FRAPS? If so go to the fps tab and only have fps checked and nothing else. Then, go to the movies tab and check custom fps and type 120. Dont know what full-size and half-size does. If u want check lock framerate while recording.
Yeah, I'm using FRAPS. I tried what you said, no improvement. I did notice on half-size the FPS went up to 30, which kinda makes sense, half the size, half the workload on the computer, so double the FPS. I guess that works till I have a solution. Thanks for the input :)

Status
Not open for further replies.