5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Karting & Track creator confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisha695

Reaction score
What can we look forward to when Gran Turismo 5 releases on PlayStation 3?

Gran Turismo 5 will offer gamers an experience more rich, more in-depth and more exciting than they might expect – even from a series as closely identified with innovation and invention as Gran Turismo. Not only will Gran Turismo 5 deliver an even more comprehensive set of cars and courses than gamers saw with previous iterations, it will also feature new game-enhacing graphical effects such as damage, night racing and weather.

These innovations are twinned with the option to join millions of like-minded individuals globally within the Gran Turismo community and to find a driving experience to suit, whether that is taking on the Top Gear test track, chucking cars around stunt arenas, go-karting, creating and sharing your own track or intense head-to-head races. Who, where and what to drive is completely down to the individual.

This time around Gran Turismo is likely not just to be the definitive driving experience but a definitive gaming experience full stop.

From a huge interview with the president of SCE Worldwide.
PlayStation 3 News Articles: - Talking games with Shuhei Yoshida
-- Weather has been semi-confirmed for a long time, but I guess this can kinda make it official.

-- Track Creator... Been rumored for awhile, now that this makes it sort of official the next question is, "What does it entail?". Will it be from scratch, or will it be like the MX games where you lay prebuilt sections? Will it be a full creator or just an editor? So many questions... so little answers.

-- Karting, this sounds cool hopefully they are proper shifter-karts and not some stupid little mini-game toy karts.

-- The stunt arena thing kinda scares me, when I think of that I think of the Stunt Arena from the Flatout games. However this article is from Europe, which makes me hope that "chucking cars around stunt arenas" translates to Drifting or X-Games style rally, maybe even the Race of Champions.

moppenheimer

#Murica
Reaction score
Heard a theory/rumor that the track creator is only for the Karting tracks.

Not being familiar with the situation, does that have any validity?

pennst24

Reaction score
If Track Creator is very technical and in-depth, I'd expect a lot of NASCAR tracks.

Fisha695

Reaction score
Heard a theory/rumor that the track creator is only for the Karting tracks.

Not being familiar with the situation, does that have any validity?
That could be possible and would actually be kind of cool, I mean think about it scale NASCAR track for Karts... l0l

JRRacing64

Reaction score
Not to down the track creation stuff. but I would much rather them work on the AI for this game then to add all this fluff. AI has been this series bad part for many years It would be nice if they could get that better. I'm not looking forward to Online for this game after Prologue. To many dumb drivers... But this is just me.

JRRacing64

Reaction score
I assume that the track creation will most likely be limited to the kart tracks since all they have to do is layout barriers in a big open lot and you got a track. Plus if they were extensive that you could make actual tracks then you would need a after market hard drive just to fit all that data. Not to mention copyright issues they could run into since some track some people could create might be under other licenses. Hopefully they'll elaborate on what it will be soon...

Fisha695

Reaction score
Not to down the track creation stuff. but I would much rather them work on the AI for this game then to add all this fluff. AI has been this series bad part for many years It would be nice if they could get that better. I'm not looking forward to Online for this game after Prologue. To many dumb drivers... But this is just me.
From what I've seen of the videos the AI is pretty decent, on the NASCAR E3 thing they did the AI were rubbing and bumping and one even spun somebody out.

Online... well what do you expect when you hop into an open-server... Idiots no matter what the game.. lol That's why you gotta join a league to race in once the full game comes out.

I assume that the track creation will most likely be limited to the kart tracks since all they have to do is layout barriers in a big open lot and you got a track. Plus if they were extensive that you could make actual tracks then you would need a after market hard drive just to fit all that data. Not to mention copyright issues they could run into since some track some people could create might be under other licenses. Hopefully they'll elaborate on what it will be soon...
You wouldn't need an aftermarket HDD marketed with it at all. The new PS3's come with huge ones already, and most people who have the older already have bigger HDD's so they wouldn't need to upgrade. Plus surprisingly PS3 is very effective at using space and compacting save files.

And the track licenses would not matter at all, as you are not selling said tracks. No different then making tracks for any PC racing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.