12 - Menards/Sylvania Mustang - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2 - Dent Wizard Mustang - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Life's Good (RacerXero84's Showroom)

DaleTona75

Unhealthily Obsessed With Backmarkers
SRD Member
Reaction score
Could you release the Audi? I have always liked when people make other manufactures so you can race against something other than your standard Ford/Chevy/Toyota.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
I can release the light decal layers, I can't release the shading at this time. It's mostly from the 2016 Ford Fusion with some heavy edits.
Talk to the guys at bullring ans see if they will allow you to release it with the original template. I asked Danny last year about my Honda and Pontiac ones so I could release the whole thing instead of just my parts/grills/shading and he gave me permission to release the original template with them. If not, I'd definitely love the Audi parts for sure, I may have to add it in my series in the future. Looks really awesome.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but the shading isn't 100% Bullring. Someone else did 2016 Fusion shading that I edited (being as how the body lines are so similar), so I'm going to have to ask him.

Next up though is a completely updated Nissan line, possibly more, maybe finishing an Audi line and a BMW line. I've never been one for fictional templates, but lately that has been just the break I need from daily life.

I just really wish I had someone who knows shading to either help or give me some serious pointers.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
I just really wish I had someone who knows shading to either help or give me some serious pointers.
Its all about using the gradients and blend modes to give depth. You can use tools like the pen path tool to create lines that blend on any bright or dark surface with modes like 'difference' for example. Can also create shapes that are black and use feathering with opacity to make depth as well. A lot of different techniques but I'd say using the blend modes for shading and highlights really helps.

For highlights modes like overlay, lighten, and screen with make 'shiny' parts for your car. For depth modes like multiply are most useful. The 3rd shading that is most tricky are the contour lines and shading that needs to be seen on a fully black paint scheme or a bright white scheme. To do this modes like exclusion and difference will make your grayscale outlines be the opposite of whatever the paint schemes color is. For example if you take my Pontiac template and change the base color from pure black to pure white you'll see the part lines I made will react and adjust to still appear. A line that might have been dark on a white scheme all of the sudden will turn white on a dark black scheme for example.

Last edited:

Andy1

SRD - Veteran- own opinion represent !
SRD Member
Reaction score
Wooow, nice work !

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I think I'll release the light decals later on today... son is down with bronchiolitis (fun fun, I still tried to send his ass to school), so I'm gonna have my hands either super-full or not at all, depending on how he deals with it.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
I didn't know SS is leaving, will be interesting to see what Chevy will be in the future,

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Looks as though it may well be the Malibu, although I personally think the Impala is a better fit.

Harry Nurpplez

Making a comeback!
SRD Member
Reaction score
I too agree, the current Impala is the best its looked in a VERY long time.

I didn't know SS is leaving, will be interesting to see what Chevy will be in the future,
Oh yeah its been all but official for the last year or so. Especially after Holden decided to use a different model for their street/racecars. And not to mention the super limited production numbers, way too steep price tag and really poor sales numbers its not a surprise that it was short lived. With Malibu being the best selling 4 door sedan Chevy has, that is where the fingers are being pointed as the replacement. Though the Camero is not out of the question either.

KahneRacing945

3-Time USORL Rally Winner
Banned
Reaction score
I really hope Chevy brings in Impala, but I won't be surprised if Malibu gets chosen.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm sure someone will do something better, but for now, I feel like this honors the man. This decal will adorn every car I race with, whether it be nr2003, iRacing, or another game. RIP Dave, thanks for the time, the talks, and the wisdom.
WoofGM.jpg

zct90

SRD Member
Reaction score
Really sad to hear about Dave's passing, I still remember talking to him on SimCyberWorld back in the day. He was a great dude, and will remembered throughout the sim community.

Good job on the logo and all your cars.