1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Looks like IRacing is getting closer...

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by MattyO, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeS

LeeS Well-Known Member

never happen with that junk

long live NR2003

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2007
  2. WALZ

WALZ Retired

How can you call something "junk" when you have never played it or even seen it in action? For all you know it could be the best racing game ever.

Sure I don't like some of the actions they have taken in the past, but at least I save my judgment until I actually play the game and not be a NR2003 fanboy.

3. Surreal

Surreal Active Member

Does anybody have any idea how much it actually IS going to cost? I've seen a lot of people complaining about the cost but I've never seen anybody actually say what the cost is going to be. Does anybody even know yet?

4. CC#48

CC#48 Member

Why is Iracing and R Factor not putting CD's in stores?..To me that is the key to getting folks to try the game out..I never got RFactor because of that.

5. Robert_Vining

Robert_Vining Member

Well if ol John Henry just spent $62 million to buy 50% of Roush Racing and even plans of a potential name change for the team are being discussed with an announcement coming before Daytona in February... You can bet we won't be paying $39 for the new sim as we did for NR2003...

Jayski's® Silly Season Site - John Henry to Buy Roush Deal Almost Done

Read update #2 and #3

6. ellis

ellis Guest

Because putting a game in stores requires a publisher. A publisher takes 75% of your profits. And when your a small company like ISI, who has a small target audience, you cant afford to give away alot of your income.

Valve started the online distribusion system with Steam, after there publisher Vivendi screwed them. They took Half Life 2 to online downloads as well as in store sales, vastly limiting the ammount of money they had to give away. Now all of the other games Valve does is done through there online system. Portal, DoD, HL Source etc, is all download.

Quite simply, the developer keeps a larger chunk of the cash when the publisher is removed from the equation, allowing them to develope better stuff in the future. rFactor was never going to sell to random people in stores because it was never designed too. iRacing probably wont manage this either, despite the cheap cash-in using the Apple "iWord" image which is FAR too popular and stupid now days.

7. JasonRSC

JasonRSC Former SRD Crew Member

rFactor is available in stores, it just may not be available in stores in your area. I've found rFactor in my local Fry's Electronics.

8. CC#48

CC#48 Member

I never seen it in stores in my area:unsure: ..I thought it was just a download game only.:confused:

9. ellis

ellis Guest

rFactor was not sold in stores origionally and is now only sold in selected stores and still has no mainstream publisher.

10. Wade

Wade Active Member

I am willing to give Iracing a shot.

11. Gael

Gael Member

For me, the most important thing is the realism.. it can look as visually pretty as they want.. but if it doesn't feel right behind the wheel, then it's pointless for me.

12. slider916

slider916 Member

I guess we'll see how it really is when it's released.

13. mike peters

mike peters Member

gotta love a new sim with open wheelers!

14. Lasek99

Lasek99 Member

I will buy it if I hear good reviews. I don't think the nr2003 engine is capable of good open wheel physics but we will see.

15. SeahawksFan8

SeahawksFan8 Well-Known Member

looks pretty good

16. Brak61

Brak61 Well-Known Member

As I understood it, and I may very well be wrong, iracing is supposed to be more of a service than an actual downloadable SIM. You pay for and download a beginner class and then must work your way thru the ranks in order to be allowed to advance to a higher class. (for a price, of course)

I don't think there is any offline part of iracing. :unsure:

17. DougSmith

DougSmith Guest

seems realistic

I had a chance to drive the iracing sim at the PRI show in Orlando, was setup on a full simulator, all hydrolic's, I had to sign a release before they let me on it, in case it threw me off and hurt me. The track was VIR <road coarse>. I had one of their developers there guiding me around the track, as I had never seen it before. It was difficult to say the least, but seemed to be very realistic, being a stock car driver I couldn't seem to save that open wheeler once i got it loose. They told me that they had $30,000 in just the racing platform, not including the software. Of coarse we won't be buying those....at least I wont. They also told me they have a track mapping tool and software that will exactly duplicate any track they map. They are accually trying to build a sim that real racing teams can use for training and diagnostics.
    I think the meger with rouch might help in this product developement.

DougSmith

18. Iceman

Iceman Member

I've been patiently waiting iRacing, knowing that it will revolutionize sim-racing. I'll wait as long as I have to. Until then, I still have their previous creation, NR2003S.

19. tacckin

tacckin Member

lol, that screenshot really REALLY reminds me of NR2003, though the car models look more 3dish and the graphics quality look somewhat better.

We shall see won't we. Maybe this time they will make their game extremely hard to mod =O

20. HiOctane

HiOctane Well-Known Member

I'd get it in a heart beat. Heck the company is 40 minutes away from me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.