1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Massive AI/Track/Physics Overhaul for NR2k3

Discussion in 'NR2003 Editing' started by dsmi155, Sep 27, 2014.

1. dsmi155

dsmi155 Well-Known Member

Slowly, oh so slowly, but surely. Here are a few more preview shots:
    50293.jpeg 2018.06.25-23.36.jpeg 2018.06.25-23.38.jpeg

Of note, you can see one of the new Sunoco signs that were made, and the lights, which will be on. The cars will also have light reflections during cloudy races.

Smoke14, starsxxx, nascarfan9 and 8 others like this.
  2. dsmi155

Some new progress shots
    2018.08.19-17.15.png
    2018.08.19-17.13.png
    2018.08.19-16.51.png

3. dsmi155

logo.JPG
    Anyone know what this logo is?

4. Matt Baker

Matt Baker Well-Known Member

[​IMG] From Google.

SwiftyOne and dsmi155 like this.
  5. dsmi155

You, sir, are the man

6. dsmi155

It's coming along.
    2018.08.28-04.13.png 2018.08.28-18.48.png

7. Smoke14

Smoke14 NR2003 Painter

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    dsmi155 likes this.
  8. dsmi155

Another feature, when you test the backstretch billboards will be gone and only the frame will be present. On race weekends, the billboards will be present. 2018.09.02-22.33.png 2018.09.02-22.20_01.png

9. dsmi155

Some exciting news: the track has been pushed out to a few folks to look over for any lingering bugs or issues, and if its good then the base work will FINALLY be done. All that would be left for the day track would be the shadows and it would be finished, believe it or not! It will come in two versions, the normal day/cloudy track and then the late afternoon sky that SDT came up with for their Martinsville.

The exe I'm using is a ton of fun on the current grip settings, cause you can actually FEEL the aero issues of getting behind another car (lose the front end) or when one tucks right behind the rear spoiler (lose the rear end). I have actually lost the car in the tri-oval because I could feel the rear end get light when I was side by side and had another car behind me. Its so fun and refreshing to actually have to DRIVE the car at Daytona for once and struggle with the same issues we hear about on TV.

One thing that would help out tremendously would be if anyone would be willing to add 3d crowds to the track. I've toyed around with the idea but haven't really had time to implement it, and if we can get those in, I have a really cool idea for the grandstands that might really help with immersion.

More pictures coming later.

10. dsmi155

Its been a minute...thought I'd share an update and see if anyone can figure out what this means. ;)
    night.JPG

11. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Does it mean you're almost a quarter of the way there?
    [​IMG]

;)

dsmi155 likes this.
  12. MonkeyWrenCh

MonkeyWrenCh Well-Known Member

With NASCAR getting rid of restrictor plates on the superspeedways except for the Daytona 500 I hope the racing doesn't radically change seeing all the work you have put into these tracks.

13. starsxxx

starsxxx Soft-Boi Member

Wouldn't really be much of a track things. Just a physics work that would need updating, but that wouldn't take a long time to adjust to.

14. dsmi155

EXACTLY!!!!!:D

15. dsmi155

It will be interesting to see what they race like once they get to Talladega, but for the Daytona 500 its the same package. I think I've struck on something with the AI that is pretty accurate for the current Gen 6 racing. Runs can be generated but stalled out and the line with the best drafters seems to work best...haven't tried to come up with a Stewart-Hass physics package yet though! :p

16. MonkeyWrenCh

MonkeyWrenCh Well-Known Member

I'm curious, have you been looking into the papy_ai ratings, or just the track ratings? I never got into looking at the papy_ai ratings because I don't think they effect the racing too much.

17. dsmi155

I messed around with them quite extensively before I got into the physics editing side. It actually does affect the racing quite a bit, as it determines how well the AI uses the draft and how spread out the ratings are. All the physics stuff though, I stayed away from. I'm actually the one who wrote the Revamped Papy AI back in the day for our tracks to take advantage of all the new AI stuff we had learned through it and the track.ini, but honestly that was so long ago I forgot most of what I knew and why I did what I did! lol