1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

May be getting iRacing

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by Frigus5, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frigus5

Frigus5 Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean

With my birthday coming up, (Oct 5th) my parents may be getting me a new steering wheel and a 3 month iRacing subscription. I have talked it over with them and it is looking very good for me. I have some questions about it though.

1. Do you have to buy new cars and tracks? If so, how much.

2. Is it software, or just a NR2003 expansion?

3. Are there basic rules that I must follow? If so, what are they?

4. Do I get to paint my own cars?

5. Is there anything else I should know about iRacing before I spend my money on a 3 month subscription?

Thank you.

2. overdose

overdose Well-Known Member

1. Cars and tracks, one-time payment of between $15 and $25 each.

2. It has nothing to do with NR2003, it is standalone software

Website quote: "I am familiar with NASCAR Racing: 2003, is this a mod of NASCAR Racing: 2003 Season?
    No. We used the NR2003 code as a starting point, taking advantage of its greatest strengths, such as the net code, which allows full fields of drivers to race online in real time, and the replay system, which enables drivers to review their on-track performance. But every major section of the code has been substantially improved for the iRacing.com simulation, and large portions are all new."

3. Rules are just don't be too stupid (puposely crash, drive backwards etc)

4. Yes, you can paint cars and helmets

5. Personal opinion really

1 person likes this.
  3. Frigus5

So, what your saying is, I can buy, say, a Chevrolet Silverado for between $15 and $25?

4. overdose

Yeah, you can use it however many times you like

1 person likes this.
  5. marcusl26

marcusl26 Well-Known Member

1.) Nope, you can run forever with only the basic content. If you want to advance up the ladder system you will need to buy the cars at $15. You can use weeks that you don't have a certain track as a drop week to prevent yourself from buying a lot of tracks. If you do buy them they range from $15-$25.

3.) Once you sign up read the Sporting Code. There is a list of rules you must follow. If not you can be suspended or removed.

4.) Yes, and no. Yes you can paint your cars, helmets, and suit, but you will do it through the use of pre-made bases and color choices.

1 person likes this.
  6. Frigus5

Awesome. Thanks!

7. Carson Downs

Carson Downs Well-Known Member

All the series are $15 each. The tracks range from $15-$25 based on size, detail, and other variables.

Painting your cars is like the EA games from 2001-2008, the game gives you a predesigned scheme and you choose the colors for it. So it's not a downloadable template.

8. JMH714

JMH714 Well-Known Member

The number 2 - overdose is correct, but to add that it runs on browser, not software itself. You run it on IE or Firefox. :)

9. waltrip55

waltrip55 Well-Known Member

read this before you download software

my computer has never been the perfect gaming computer but it got the job done. that is until i saw that iracing had a free month. so i thought i would try it out..so after downloading a 500 MB file it said to restart computer to install so i did . after it restarted i installed started the game went to the test mode in iracing to get the feel of the car then after 2 laps at martinsville the game froze . frustrated i left the game on and went to bed then the next morning the computer was off i thought that's weird so i turned it on only to see this screen at the start up .............. windows has restarted the computer because it was unstable once system starts run the Norton go back then it said this use a problems likeys was a ''bug'' or a hardware issue .............so now im on a temp computer and it has no painting programs and nr2003 only gets about 3-5 fps with everything off is it possible bman to get a last place finsh in the cot race till i get my new computer if i am unable to race?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  10. JMH714

JMH714 Well-Known Member

I don't know what happened to his computer, but I had no problem with installation on my both computers I have.

11. John Gregorio

John Gregorio Well-Known Member

Sounds like your computer doesn't meet iRacing minimum specs.

12. Frigus5

I made sure I have the required specs on my computer. I just gotta wait until my birthday to get it though. lol.

13. DPawlak

DPawlak Well-Known Member

iRacing has NEVER glitched for me once...

14. DPawlak

DPawlak Well-Known Member

probably didn't check the specs like some guys didn't look into the billing details...:p

Dave

15. JMH714

JMH714 Well-Known Member

In other note on iRacing is that they have excellent tech support and customer support. They will respond to your problem quickly. If you got a problem with iRacing, just email to them, they will respond to you within 24 hours. That's a big plus.

16. Carson Downs

Carson Downs Well-Known Member

Yep, I forgot when I was signing up that they used the name on the credit card name so after I signed up I emailed it and they had it changed within like 2 hours.

17. overdose

After plenty of modding of NR2003 and hi-res downloads, I've tried both and I still prefer NR2003

1 person likes this.
  18. Kory_Henry12

Kory_Henry12 Active Member

wait for the g27 wheel which comes out in ur bday month. it will be the best wheel for your experience.

19. JMH714

JMH714 Well-Known Member

This thread isn't about comparing NR2003 and iRacing.

2 people like this.
  20. overdose

Yes, and if you look earlier I gave him advice on IRacing, I'm giving him my opinion on it

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.