1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

May be getting iRacing

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by Frigus5, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NukaColaV13

NukaColaV13 Well-Known Member

Umm... wow. This topic got completely blown to hell. How about we all just STFU and move on.

4 people like this.
  2. marcusl26

marcusl26 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't mean for the analogy to sound condescending, just trying to make a comparison, especially on the financial aspect. Both cars provide a means to get from Point A to Point B, but one car may cost more for the "luxury" items that others may see as unnecessary. For iRacing those luxuries may be laser scanned cars, tracks, or the governing body, while others prefer to just race. If those specific luxuries don't appeal to you than you can acquire a simpler, or cheaper means, to fulfill the sim racing addiction.

Sorry, if anyone was offended by my analogy. Just trying to show that both are different in a few ways, and may appeal to different audiences. I'm done with analogies I only get confused. :p Or as I've been told, I'm just flat wrong. :)

3. sb70velle

sb70velle Well-Known Member

Good thing about the Pinto (like nr2003) is what it offered to modders. The Pinto/mustang II IFS has always been in demand by street rodders (in fact, entire aftermarket industries sprang up around the design alone). Simple time tested mods have been carried out on Pintos themselves for so long now, that getting a Pinto to outperform a Mustang is no major achievement. It's all relative, and I could care less how you spend your time or cash. $racing is setup to fail, I know most of you don't see that because it's such a better net code, and physics, and so forth...But strong arming content with ridiculous fees (and limiting options on the users end) is a moon approach if your goal is to bring everybody to the table. And one thing nobody can deny is that winning over the nr2003 crowd is high atop their list. One thing auto racing and sim racing have in common is the natural appeal to modify & customize. That concept is lost on $racing obviously for no other reason than greed to profit off of you the subscribers.

As far as hating on $racing, again the only reason I'm even discussing $racing is due to the lame spam campaign they devised targeting nr2003 hobbyists. That's been everywhere for the past week, and after a week I couldn't resist a little campaign of my own. We all know nobody is going to stay satisfied with the 'basic' content (and so do they). 15 to 20 bucks can add up pretty quick using plastic, and I'm sure there's more than a few guys that are out five to seven hundred bucks right now that are realizing the fun and games come at quiet a cost. That's just about the cost of a nice set of Chevy heads, and when the fake stuff starts adding up to the price of real go fast parts, personally I'd say it's time to stop and think. Don't get all bent out of shape though because I made a few posts telling you what you already know ($racing pricing sucks). And these few posts of mine are no rival to the saturation spam campaign I've been seeing lately.

In fact I'm bringing this little secluded forum section more attention than it deserves. I'd like to forget about $racing now (or until you guys have to play 'pitch man' again due to free $racing dollars) at that point it's like a telemarketer that won't go away.

4. TheEgg

TheEgg Well-Known Member

You know, the dollar sign only works in place of an S.

Example:

Microsoft > Micro$oft

$racing? If I didn't know what it was, I'd think you were talking Sracing.

1 person likes this.
  5. JMH714

JMH714 Well-Known Member

[psst]I already mentioned that few replies ago. lol [/psst]

6. sb70velle

sb70velle Well-Known Member

Actually it works in place of more than that according to your logic (like mesh car models, tracks, and so forth).

7. Elliott_Askey

Elliott_Askey Member

Over 40% of iracing's subscribers are from countries not named the United States. So winning over the papy crowd isn't as big of a deal as appealing to the road racing crowd over seas. Everone here has valid points, at times that is, and iracing offers a far different experience than any other sim that has been offered to date. Now, with that being stated, I have a race starting at 12:30 est in a advanced legends car, then another at 1:00 est in a rookie legends car. The racing never has to stop if you don't want it too....

1 person likes this.
  8. TheEgg

TheEgg Well-Known Member

Allow me to crash the party...

RFACTOR !!!! :arghh:

*Thread Closed*

9. DPawlak

DPawlak Well-Known Member

been waiting for you Egg... c'mon in.

Dave

10. chevy29

chevy29 Well-Known Member

You guys that put down NR2003,should be thankful for NR2003 simply because a large part of the coding in NR2003 went into IRacing!!! Without NR2003 NO IRacing!!!!

1 person likes this.
  11. JMH714

JMH714 Well-Known Member

Nobody is putting NR2003 down.

12. DPawlak

I realize that fact... however technology has progressed and iRacing uses that newer available technology.
    Since we have already used the Pinto comparison let's compare it to cell phones. We all know what they do and the size of them today. Ten years ago you needed a hand cart to travel with one only to make calls.
    iRacing to me is like a new cell phone. N2003 is like an old one. If you want the net on your new phone you'll be paying extra. You SUBSCRIBE to that feature. You SUBSCRIBE to iRacing.
    Do want it... don't get it. That's it.

So good ahead and chime in some more with the iRacing bashing. I'm enjoying it with my new FANATEC wheel and pedal set mounted to my OBUTTO Cockpit and making buddies during every session I join. To me, it makes it worth it.

Dave

1 person likes this.
  13. JMH714

JMH714 Well-Known Member

Excellent point, DPawlak. :)

14. canaan_53

canaan_53 Member

im new and i have windows vista. iv downloaded one paint sheme and i want to put it on the game. can someone tell me how.

15. chevy29

chevy29 Well-Known Member

Dave you have a 600$+ setup, or whatever you paid!! I remember reading at IRacing CHEAP wheel and pedal set! The reason being ,to level the playing field!! Are you leveling the RACING?

16. DPawlak

I have some good ones and some bad ones... doubt I'll ever run for a Championship but really don't care.

dave

17. matt4788

matt4788 Well-Known Member

No offence but I read "May be getting iRacing" because Im thinking of getting it and im come out of this forum confused and slightly pissed off because of all the pointless off topic Crap that i have just been reading

1 person likes this.
  18. DPawlak

Well you can thank the iRacing haters...

dave

19. 88fan

88fan RRInc. Global Mod.

Damn yall still posting in here :shocked:

20. DPawlak

huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.