1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

MEN Cup 2017 released by Splash & Go Graphics

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by RacerXero84, Jun 25, 2017.

1. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

As if I wasn't already excited enough about the 1998 mod, what you've done with this has made me even more excited. Loving what you've got here Cosmin.

InsideLine likes this.
  2. Met_fan

Met_fan Active Member

Wow, really a great mod although it is still a beta. Thanks to Cosmin and the team behind this mod, absolutely great work!
    The cars do look great, the shape seems to be spot on, really love the look of the cars. Although I never do crash cars on purpose, I had to do with this mod. The damage model is awesome.
    Also the little details are great, love the new roof and hood flaps and that the hood flaps do open more than 90 degrees, like they do in real life. That was always something that bothered me with the BR mod, that the roof and hood flaps still had the size of the 2003 cars.
    As I am a cockpit driver, I am really looking forward to the final release of this mod and am curious what the cockpits will look like... :)

Keep up the good work and thank you for all your effort and time you put into this!

InsideLine likes this.
  3. KodaTheWolf

KodaTheWolf Lover of Paint Schemes

For some reason whenever i try using this it either says it cant load the cars or that the game just stops responding. I honestly don't know whats wrong, any ideas why it's doing this for me?

4. quadmaster

quadmaster Well-Known Member

Did you put it in series folder by itself or in another mod folder as it is a different mod :cool:

5. CJ_M88

CJ_M88 Well-Known Member

Hi everybody, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, can someone let me know where i can download this amazing mod? Ive been searching everywhere with no luck.

Thanks

6. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Please refer the the first post in this thread for the link to the page that has it.

7. CJ_M88

CJ_M88 Well-Known Member

Thank you, i looked right over it

8. KodaTheWolf

KodaTheWolf Lover of Paint Schemes

It's in it's own folder, preferably the one it's in when you download it

9. Johnny T.

Johnny T. Well-Known Member

This is a revolutionary mod, the car and damage models are amazing. Unfortunately, I'm one of the few people getting random CTD during races: something that has never happened on NR2003 for me, with any mod including the alpha version released a few months ago. Hopefully the issue will either be resolved or at least pinpointed so I can figure out what can be done on my end to run it.

According to Windows Event Viewer:
    Faulting module name: rend_dxg.dll, version: 1.2.0.1

I'm using an Radeon HD 7670 1GB card with the latest drivers.

frow78 likes this.
  10. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

For you and anyone else who has this problem, there was a "fix" posted that remedied this problem (I had this problem as well and can confirm it works)

Posted on the FaceBook page:
    19250554_1653094928042764_7550399497098351253_o.jpg

Also looks like there is a cockpit update.

Johnny T. and Steve7151 like this.
  11. Johnny T.

Thanks David, but turning off shadows from other cars still didn't fix it for me, and based on the fb comments, I'm at least not the only one. Have also tried turning off damage as someone else said, which got me further into a race than before, but still ended with a CTD. Gonna try running at a lower resolution next.

12. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Resolution might not fix it. I'd try turning off reflections, lowering car quality or texture filtering. If none of that works, have you tried turning off all shadows, except for those from structures (including on cars from structures)?

Johnny T. likes this.
  13. bubba025

bubba025 "I Wanna Go Fast."

I definitely recommend turning off reflections as well, if issues continue.

Johnny T. and ahspencer01 like this.
  14. Johnny T.

Thanks for the advice everybody. So far, running at lower screen resolution, lower texture filtering, turning off opponent pitcrews/damage/shadow, using default gfx settings (without graphics tweaker), and various combinations of these things still could not prevent CTD, although the race does seem to last longer before it crashes.

Think I'm just going to spend time painting for now.

InsideLine likes this.
  15. jdogg

jdogg Well-Known Member

Hey man, try turning off the damage when you race and see what happens? I've been testing like crazy with the CTD, and I turned the damage off only to find that I haven't had a crash as of typing this message. Let me know how that works.

16. radney

radney Well-Known Member

Yeah but what's the fun in it without the damage?

InsideLine likes this.
  17. jdogg

jdogg Well-Known Member

I never said it was fun, I simply asked him to try that and see if it cured his issue. If it does, then the mod developer has a starting spot to look for fixes. Remember the mod is only a BETA right now.

Tetronix, Johnny T. and InsideLine like this.
  18. Johnny T.

Disabling damage was actually one of the first things I tried, but still crashes before I can finish a race.

The weirdest thing is, I've never had a CTD with NR2003 for the 4-5 years I've owned my current PC; running 1080p with almost all the eye candy turned on. It's always been my most stable game. At worst, I'd have bad framerates running mods at some of the newer versions of Daytona, and if there was a major problem, it just wouldn't load the race session. But I understand it's still Beta, so not too concerned right now, just going to occupy myself with other things :):

[​IMG]
    These are actually the first 3 cars I've ever done for this game, and gotta say, the template is a lot better than what I'm used to with GTR2.

19. El Chavito Del 8

El Chavito Del 8 Member

Are you planning to make more cars for this mod?

20. Cutch22

Cutch22 That Pittsburgh Fan

You and me both, just finished up the Keselowski scheme myself this morning. Working on Logano now. I'm new to painting, so this is a good time occupier while the mod is being developed.