1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

MENC 2019 mod

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by Willjr3129, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Willjr3129

Willjr3129 Well-Known Member

I apologized if I have missed it but the 2019 MOD from splash n go graphics is beyond expectations. I haven’t seen a thread about it and just wanted to know what you all thought of it. The work that this community does to keep this sim alive is so much appreciated. Again their work is impeccable and koodoz to everyone who maintains this sim! Again I apologize if I have missed a thread that covers this.

bvc, Reza Maulana, frow78 and 3 others like this.
  2. Darrell Pace

Darrell Pace Got a fresh set of Good Bye's on!

I am sure the creators of the mod appreciate your comments. Splash n Go has done some great things for us in the NR2003 community and they are not the only ones. We appreciate everyone that contributes in any way they can!

3. Wheatenland

Wheatenland FSE Tracks

I agree.. VERY NICE work guys... I downloaded it last night and turned a few laps. I really like the update to the rear view underside of the cars running in front of you and the interior dash view. :)
    The only thing I've run across that I'm not sure if it is a graphic setting on my end, are the gauges a little burry?
    Please let me know if that is common issue or setting I need to tweak.

Again great work guys!!

Freddy
    FSE Tracks

Skyline likes this.
  4. gojimmie

gojimmie Well-Known Member

I think the new damage is awesome!! You can see the fuel cell when they're still racin around after a crash. Very impressive!

5. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

Yeah those boys definitely took things to another level!

6. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Man I am really out of the loop. I never even raced with the 17' or 18' version. I need to get back into NR2003 this year lol.

7. Skyline

Skyline Graphic Designer Skyline Customs

The whole mod is just absolutely mind-blowing. I love it!

sro_cosmin likes this.
  8. Smoke OR

Smoke OR Official Toad Hunter.

I thought the cars were not allowed to run without their parts anymore?

9. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

z.jpg

10. 11rows0f3

11rows0f3 Well-Known Member

I think he just meant the damage model in MENCS2019 is awesome - but in the real world if you get damage like that you can't keep running. Not worried about all that, but it's a fair point. :)

AMAZING. Love this mod. I had been off iRacing again but this Mod brought me back. I'm 46 years old. grew up with Papyrus Indy 500 and went right into Indy Car Racing and NASCAR through college and I will die (hopefully MANY years from now) with NR2003 still installed on a computer in my house lol. There is no other game with this many awesome Mods and it's just as immersive and fun to drive as any other Sim. Of course the biggest appeal to me is that WE can edit this game as we like. Before cars even hit the track, this (the greatest gaming community in internet history) have the cars painted. Missing a track? Someone is working hard on that too. Love it.

My Bryant car is painted and I am pre-season testing. :)

Two quick questions for you guys (if you have heard yet).
    1. Are the Mustangs officially running the Ford Oval on the rear bumper or the Michigan License Plate? I have seen both.
    2. Do we know what's up with the Contingency decal area? Twitter logo type promos? Associate sponsors? Whatever teams feel like? lol

[​IMG]

joeykraus19 likes this.
  11. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

I am not impressed at all with the cockpit textures or the gauges. Those need some serious work. But the rest of the car looks pretty damn good at first glance. Another fantastic mod from Cosmin and co. Thanks fellas!

gojimmie likes this.
  12. cootskids

cootskids New Member

I am not someone who make a lot of comments on any boards but this mod has always bugged me because of the lack of detail in the gauges. But this has been addressed by ELD Designs recently with two versions of gauge packages. They are for the 2019 mod but they work for the 2018 also. Works both outside and in the cockpit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. MattyO

Those don't look like the real deal any more than what's currently in the mod.

Racingfan83 and Skyline like this.
  14. Smoke OR

Smoke OR Official Toad Hunter.

Yep that's what I was asking about cars not being able to run in real world Nascar without parts now. Parts flying off the cars has always been great. I instead of the fenders, hoods, trunks popping off have always liked the small pieces 3do the most. Don't know why but kinda cool to see a crash and looks like hundreds of pieces fly off. I can tell you Cosman deserves a hell of a lot of credit because of just the amount of time it took to try this and that then back up and do it all over again and again until he got it where he wanted or probably what he finally settled for in his mod. The 3d part as time consuming as it is believe it or not is not the most challenging part of modding. Its the dam coding aspect. One little , or _ or : or )( or an incorrect spelling or adding a line here and then forget about putting it in the multiple times that you have to in the script makes you want to shoot your dam computer. I've spent hours just trying to figure out what in the hell I screwed up knowing the last 3do I made worked then got to changing something then boom the command wont make another 3do. That's the part that will make you say this crap isn't worth your time. So to wind this up I wasn't slamming him just asking a question that actually he answered on FB with me right after I posted here. Probably should have just done that to begin with. So keep on crashing the cars if that's what you like but I always raced to keep from crashing......

Petty4345, MattyO, Tetronix and 4 others like this.
  15. sro_cosmin

sro_cosmin Well-Known Member

I agree with you completely. It's something i'm not really happy with how it turned out, but it makes due.
    That's the point where i burnt myself out with all the experimenting in the scripts of all the mods that i was working on at the time (mencup2017, wc98 and just started pintys) I was left to make all the textures myself and i'm not good at that at all, but i was very impatient at the time. All i wanted was to get them out to everyone and race them in all the leagues. Couldn't get any help on that either. Everyone i asked was understandably too busy and all so i didn't put as much effort into it as i probably should have. Then i was just satisfied enough with it to never change it again. The models themselves and damage morphing is where most my efforts went into for sure. Spent days trying to get the right script combinations and pieces splits. That was the fun part for me no doubt. Everything else i just did because it had to be done.
    If anybody is willing to do a cockpit textures update, i still have all of the psd's and probably x-files for it still saved. All unaltered and only work for cs6 or above. Same for the gauges. just send a Pm here on on fb.

Petty4345, MattyO, Tetronix and 4 others like this.
  16. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

I’ve already started this work. Send me the PSDs and I’ll take care of this for you. I’m happy to share the final results for your approval.

MattyO and sro_cosmin like this.
  17. sro_cosmin

that's awesome. I sent you some files. hope they help.

MattyO likes this.
  18. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

What is your ideal cockpit and gauge style? I’m going to update the textures. Is close to real your expectation?

MattyO likes this.
  19. MattyO

You do too much yourself. No wonder why you get burned out. It's ok to ask for help you know ;) Or ask the right people for help :)
    I wasn't trying to sound harsh, but it's hard to convey that on the internet. Just pointing out what I saw and what needed to be improved upon.
    I might try and take a stab at the cockpit textures. The cockpit is probably my favorite part of texturing anyway. Depends on what Jack has me working on at the moment though as to when I can get to the textures. But I wouldn't mind taking a peek at what ya got and when I get off time, work on them a bit.
    Nevermind, looks like @halfwayglad beat me to it. Thank you sir!

Yeah, probably close to real I suppose. I'm not much into fantasy mods/textures so yeah, I guess close to the real deal would be what I would want if I were to have my way.

Ceafus 88 and Skyline like this.
  20. sro_cosmin

the gauges aren't that fictional. Here's an image of what i tried to replicate in the only way possible for NR. i'm not a fan of the RPM bar without accurate numbers, so i rather have the digital tachometer, so that one was for me :p I can send you the files too, @MattyO . if you want to colaborate with @halfwayglad.
    I did ask for help and they all said they would do the textures for me before we started when i was still in car shell modeling stage, but everyone had their schedule filled up unexpectedly. Besides that, i had release dates in mind already. It is what it is. If the cockpit is what drives people away, then so be it. Can't please them all and i sure won't try anymore.

Attached Files: