1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

MENC 2019 mod

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by Willjr3129, Jan 1, 2019.

1. cabinetman

cabinetman Member

Wheatland, yes we need closer to the dash, but we also need to view the mirror, especially on tracks like Daytona and Talladega, when the cars are bunched up and close together! The view out the windshield is great too! Can we have it all? Probably not!

2. cabinetman

cabinetman Member

I like the view in the Gen6 15 the best!

3. Little E Fan

Little E Fan Well-Known Member

I can confirm he's been stupidly busy with prior commitments and traveling out of country. He's still planning on working on it, but paying his bills is taking priority right now.

4. Devin41

Devin41 I wanna go fast!

I'd been having issues recently with this mod that I hadn't had before when it first released. After doing some digging, I found that I had 3 of these 4096x4096 cars that I had been using. No wonder my FPS had been dipping! I compressed them down to 1024 myself and now have no problems. Thanks for pointing that out everyone. I probably wouldn't have found them otherwise.

5. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Someone needs to tell Italo to stop making 4096 car files available for download. It's ruining people's NR2003 experience.
    I'd tell him, but he doesn't want to hear it from me. Maybe someone on his good side would be better,lol.

6. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Wait.... people are actually trying to put 4096 cars in the game?? WHY?
    Zero chance that works well. And IMO that sets people who aren't savvy in modding nr2003 up for failure and a bad experience.

USSTalladega, joeykraus19 and Skyline like this.
  7. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

But on a lighter note, JacobTB_14 recently released his first batch of paint schemes for the 2019 season.

joeykraus19 and Skyline like this.
  8. Skyline

Skyline Graphic Designer Skyline Customs

Wait does nobody realize the 4096 templates are for renders and wraps ONLY?

9. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

At the very least he should let people know that 4096 files are not optimal for nr2003. :/

joeykraus19 and Skyline like this.
  10. Riley Maddox

Riley Maddox Active Member

Same thing happened to me. Now that I got rid of those few, my game is running normally again

11. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Ok so in a manner of looking out for the little guys, perhaps a PSA from the mod makers/community is in order putting them on notice that 4096 cars are NOT for in game use? Just trying to alleviate the issue that I've seen people complaining about, or at least a contributing factor when it comes to games crashing/textures not loading/FPS issues.

Lottech96, halfwayglad and Skyline like this.
  12. sro_cosmin

sro_cosmin Well-Known Member

Right, catching up with this thread i can only say:
    people should read more. Italo said in his uploads there are 4096 (4k as he calls it - 4k) and 2048 files in his downloads. If you don't know what they are, google. idk. again. comes down to reading and informing yourself. (really tough task in 2019, i know) The PSA should be: READ before you download. Just like the guys taking our models and making profit out of them, but i'll get to that in a bit.

Also something i'm disappointed in, tried to lend a hand and offer help, files and information to whoever wants to keep the trend of modding for the game going and got nobody new asking anything. All you have to do is get the basic rockstar files from thepits.us in the game. (really easy task) to prove to me that you have the interest and basic understanding.

I am burnt out. All these "chores" of the cup mod updates have taken my interest out for now. For 2019 i can guarantee there's not going to be any new series mods from SNG & 3do's. To put that much work into this only to get complaints about something as silly as a camera angle because you can't adapt or find a way around it, not very motivating. (especially since it's realistic and took me some time to work on it to get it there, but whatever)

Now, because of the new ripping models and putting in other games and such, i have a solution that people won't like. No more .max files released. I have an alternative and a friend who volunteered to help me out with this. This is only if i decide to make anything again starting next year.

I will get to fixing the camera soon as well. Recently I've been busy with work and getting cup03-05 out, which took all my time away.
    There is a reason it's a bit harder to do as well, because after the release i went and lowered everything for my own use. I don't care if the cars tires are going through the bodies a bit over bumps, i care to see 40 other cars closer to the ground and that's what this does for me. So to get them to release files i have to export the right files again and i lost track of where they are. I'll post again in this thread when i get all that sorted out.

13. Smoke14

Smoke14 NR2003 Painter

I agree. I mean, I have my own problems with the mod, but that's just because I have a really crappy laptop. You guys did a hell of a job on this mod and every other mod, and I thank you guys for continuing to produce mods for the game.

joeykraus19 and sro_cosmin like this.
  14. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

That my friends sounds like a person who's had enough of the bullshit,lol. I'm surprised it took this long to be honest.
    @sro_cosmin you need a break. The amount of work and time that I know of personally you have put in over the past 2 or so years is so out of whack with reality that I'm shocked you haven't isolated yourself from the real world and the real world responsibilities. Or have you? lol.

Anyhow, I can feel the frustration in your post about all of it. The assholes taking your models and using them however they want. The people (me) making fun of Italo (rightully so, he knows better) putting up 64mb carfiles for download and everyone and anyone else who want to give their 2 pennies worth. After a while of reading it and seeing it, you want to throat slam a mofo amirite?

All that said, thanks for the stuff you have brought to NR2003, the extra files and hints and tips you've given. Also the effort to reach out to anyone to show them how a mod is made. I knew nobody would take you up on that offer. But thanks anyway! See ya around!

15. sro_cosmin

sro_cosmin Well-Known Member

To make it clear, i'm not shutting my doors down. If anyone needs help with it, i'll gladly help. I have a discord chat dedicated to that. Some people are in there might confirm. A thread in these forums exists as well.
    There have been people messaging me about helping, but never with something i needed. It was always "i can test the mods for you". I always thought of that as eating dessert before you finished your vegetables. I believe in work and reward. Everyone who had access to my files had done something to earn them :p
    Something i really needed help with was textures. I absolutely HATE making them. I've reused parts from one mod to the other to get it done quicker. Someone who is badass at that was italo, but he doesn't have much time to help either. Posted about it in a fb group at some point and didn't get much from it.
    After finishing modeling the cockpit parts and all that which i actually did from scratch :p new and all, the part of texturing was just aweful.
    And the scripting for that is tedious as hell. alot of editing one value, running a 30 second script, then getting back ingame to check positioning. Can't get it all from max either because the coordinates are messed up. Anyway, if it weren't for having to do all that myself, i might have put more effort into other things and done more in the same time.
    If I can find someone to that "dirty work" for me we can get more done and quicker. Better too. The stuff in max is not that bad for me and for scripting i've figured out how to make things easier and faster. (copy paste basically) Damaging the cars will always be my favorite part ofc.
    Feel like i'm the one complaining now :p o well. have to sometimes.

My time this year is now fully dedicated to other things. Feel like my "chores" are done and i can enjoy them. Racing online with the stuff we've made is rewarding in itself.
    My advice is, don't wait for others to do something, try your hand at it. It might be frustrating and hard in the beginning, but it gets easier. :p and make friends along the way.

16. Skyline

Well man if you do make more next year and want help with textures, I would be happy to lend a hand

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    joeykraus19 likes this.
  17. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

LOL

18. Skyline

What's so funny..

Smoke14 likes this.
  19. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Because
    Then
    Literally posted a multi-paragraph post about how hard it was to make a mod and that he wanted help with interior textures and what not. Then you hit him with "I can paint cars" That's cool but it's one of the last and easiest thigns to do for a mod.

20. bubba025

bubba025 "I Wanna Go Fast."

That’s why I’m around too lmao

Tetronix and Smoke14 like this.