1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Track Michigan International Speedway FSE MB 2017 2017-09-21

2017 version of Michigan International Speedway.

1. Matt Baker

Matt Baker Well-Known Member

Matt Baker submitted a new resource:

Michigan International Speedway FSE MB 2017 - 2017 version of Michigan International Speedway.

Read more about this resource...

2. InsideLine

InsideLine Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!

Thank You Matt and the guys at FSE for making this happen! ;)

3. badhairday

badhairday Well-Known Member

All credit to Matt on this,my only involvement was saying yes to the use of some of our textures.

Sean

InsideLine likes this.
  4. halfwayglad

halfwayglad Well-Known Member

This track works great, but I did notice even with my draw distance at 100%, the full track plus all the trackside objects seem to pop in fairly often. Is there a workaround for this?

5. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

No, there isn't. Just because your draw distance is set at 100%, it means it's set to the 100% that the game can do.

Ceafus 88 and InsideLine like this.
  6. halfwayglad

Ah that's kind of a bummer. Thanks for the info though!

7. Matt Baker

I noticed that too. It's not as noticeable when you're in the cockpit view.

As an aside, if you increase the spoiler from 45 to 46 degrees, the entry stability improves a lot. Just have to watch for tight centre on a long run.

8. Little E Fan

Little E Fan Well-Known Member

The fix to that would require the track maker to take the farthest most X-Section and stretch it out as far as is allowed. From what I've found. it's 990 - 1000 meters from the centerline. Make sure though, if you're doing this, to not have the outer most F-Section attached. Image provided for visual representation
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the thread hijacking lol.

halfwayglad and RacerXero84 like this.
  9. Matt Baker

Not hijacking at all! I really appreciate the input. I'm still very new to making tracks for NR2003.
    Perhaps I should release a 2018 version of Michigan..

10. Little E Fan

Little E Fan Well-Known Member

That would be awesome :) I loved your Michigan and Auto Club remakes, and as I've learned over the years, there's always room for improvement with this game. Keep up the good work!

halfwayglad and InsideLine like this.
  11. halfwayglad

I'd be open to helping out with textures. But I'd also just be happy with a fix for world rendering :p

12. Matt Baker

I think I'm going to remove the lower banking on the bottom groove of the track. Although accurate to the real world, the grabby-ness of the banking transition from the NR2003 tire model is a problem and I don't want people races to be ruined because banking transition grabs the car. I'll try some things though.

I really appreciate the input from everyone! :)

13. El Chavito Del 8

El Chavito Del 8 Member

Why not make phoenix 2018 track.

14. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Because maybe he doesn’t want to.

Tetronix likes this.
  15. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

And the fact that Phoenix is still under construction IRL?

ThatOneShredder likes this.
  16. Matt Baker

Next track up is going to be Pocono. The NR2003 version is not even close to the real life version of the track.

I've ran into some issues compressing Auto Club to a dat file. That's discourages me a bit to roll out the updated Auto Club track and my
    Daytona circa 2007 track.

USSTalladega likes this.
  17. halfwayglad

FWIW, I think it's a nice touch that adds another level to the game. I also thought the transitions were grabby in real life, no?

ThatOneShredder likes this.
  18. Matt Baker

I would say banking transitions are partially grabby, and you can see that a New Hampshire race before the grip was applied to the track; however, that's a banking transition of 5 degrees. At Michigan IRL, I believe it's 1 to 2 degrees difference on the bottom groove, and to not make the cars go completely ass crazy as they do in the game. For the racer to feel a difference in the bottom lane, I made the difference 0.5 degrees. If you want to see if its grabby in real life, you can watch the 2003 cup races at Michigan (I pick that year since the suspension in the game is closer to the 2003 cars). Cars barely even wiggle when they get down the lower groove.

I think the truck doesn't have this as extreme as the cup physics; however, I can't manipulate the track and the setup enough to make the truck go 214 mph in the draft :(.

As a side affect of increasing the grip on the apron and accidentally getting there when testing setups, the increased grip on the apron did not cause the car to spin... So I'm going to maybe add some grip. One side affect will be it will likely be the preferred way around the track whereas right now the it's slightly slower for the first 1/4 of a run to run the bottom versus a lane up. May have sidelined the conversation from tracking making and producing more realistic track layouts and racing in 15 year old game, but being a semi-physicist by trade, I always find it interesting talking about this stuff :).

USSTalladega likes this.
  19. Matt Baker

When I said Pocono is next, I lied. Atlanta is next. Reconfiguration is complete. Now to to make the track look like the most recent version.

20. halfwayglad

FWIW, I believe it was Dale who called out this same issue at Talladega since the repave. The change in banking in the trioval grabs the tires and gets people loose. Perhaps this is more accurate than you realized :)