66 - RoofClaim.com Supra - DAY1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Moving the Online chat bar?

SwiftyOne

SRD Member
Reaction score
This could be a stupid question, But here's the thing...I have a 43" 4K Monitor it's set quite high on my PC desk where I have my wheel and do most of my racing, I have just gone back to racing online, and getting myself in a pickle because I find it hard to read the online chat bar, I do have to move my head up quite a way and take my eye's off the road to read the online chat bar :(
So, is there a way in Nascar2003 to move the online chat bar down, so I can read it without crashing all the time :(
Thanks Swifty ;)

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Is something like that what you were looking for? My UIE Mod I remember moving the chat to the bottom of the screen. I don't race online though so can't guarantee the placement is perfect.

Attachments

• NR2003 2020-05-18 13-59-05-86.jpg
    NR2003 2020-05-18 13-59-05-86.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 34

SwiftyOne

SRD Member
Reaction score
FIG 1) TrackIR.jpg
FIG 2) Without TrackIR.jpg
Hi Mystical
I know of your mod not tried yet, I might give it a try, but to be honest, it might be too low where my wheel will cover over it...I have got 2 pictures for you to see and get an idea of what I'm looking for...FIG 1) I use TrackIR head tracking using this allows you to bring the cockpit, Cam, down so you feel more immersed, the downside to this is you can't see the Chat Bar without cranking your neck, then CRASH!....Second picture FIG 2) it without the TrackIR. So, this is what the cockpit looks like clean in-game.
Is there a way to do this? I'm getting a bad rep at the moment, I'm not seeing what is said, or I'm crashing into someone trying to read the Chat Bar :(

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
So move the chat bar just below the default cup mirror position?

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
If its the line in the driving.lyt I think it is I should be able to move it.

SwiftyOne

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is not an easy thing to do, if at all?

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Sorry, been busy with other things. Will try to complete it this week.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Copy this into the NR2003/layout folder.

Let me know if this is where you wanted the chat output location. I moved it just under the mirror in cockpit view. Keep in mind this is an edited version of the vanilla driving.lyt that comes with NR2003 so any other driving layouts you had will not retain any custom edits of course. Also its not recommended to use this when not racing in cockpit view as the chat dialogue will appear in the view of the racing view pretty much.

Attachments

• driving.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 23

SwiftyOne

SRD Member
Reaction score
Hi Mystical,
Sorry for the delay, thank you so much for spending your time doing this, it's exactly what I wanted, in exactly the correct place :) I won't miss any chat now, much appreciated thank you ;)

SwiftyOne

SRD Member
Reaction score
Copy this into the NR2003/layout folder.

Let me know if this is where you wanted the chat output location. I moved it just under the mirror in cockpit view. Keep in mind this is an edited version of the vanilla driving.lyt that comes with NR2003 so any other driving layouts you had will not retain any custom edits of course. Also its not recommended to use this when not racing in cockpit view as the chat dialogue will appear in the view of the racing view pretty much.
Hi Mystical
Been racing online with this and it's great, but could I trouble you to move it about another inch down, please. That would be perfect...Thank you :)