Latest resources

08 JOE GRAF JR.  - MARTINSVILLE daniele
Templates SRD, Render Burnout/Blender, numbers BER, ratings and new box me.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
07 DAVID STAR - TEXAS II daniele
Templates SRD, Render Burnout/Blender, numbers BER, numbers BER, ratings and new box me.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
20 - Dex Imaging Supra - HOM2 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
20 - Dex Imaging Supra - HOM1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
20 - Dex Imaging Supra - CLT1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Mustang or Kia?

Which one?

• Mustang V6 Convert, 131,000 miles $1600

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Kia Forte SX 87,000 miles $6000

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • 08 Homda Civic LX Coupe 102,000 $3000 obo

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

123456789colton

SRD Member
Reaction score
I currently have 1 car, an '05 Dodge Neon SXT. I use this as a delivery vehicle (ever since I had a cracked dash, and a fender bender) I figured it would be a good car to deliver in.

I'm looking to buy a 2nd car, to use just as a cruise around car, or a fun day off car.

I have narrowed a very long (and I mean 20+ car list long) list of cars lol.

A 2000 Ford Mustang V6 3.8 L

or

A 2010 Kia Forte SX Sedan 4D

The Mustang is VERY well kept, brand new interior. The guy changed the interior after the roof leaked. It's a convertible, automatic, 131,000 miles. No rust, New tires, inspection, battery, hoses, sensors, brakes, interior, headlights, and a tuneup. It is very clean looking, a few smaller scratches. He wants $1600

The Kia is very nice looking. Only 88,000 miles, automatic, moon roof, Bluetooth, 1 owner, $6000. I don't know much about it. 173hp compared to the mustang. This car is from a dealership, so it might be higher priced? I drove a newer Kia as a rental and it was NICE. Drove nice and everything about it was nice.

I have around $3500 to spend in cash. I could buy the Mustang and have money left over for both cars, or put $3500 down on the Kia and make payments for the other $2500. Not sure what the best thing to do is. Mustangs (older models) seem like great sturdy cars, I don't know what either cars past was like. Were they beaten up or taken care of?

Anyone have experience with either cars, or have an opinion on what to do? My track record is horrible for the most part with cars. I don't wanna mess this up lol.
My original plan was to buy the Mustang, enjoy a convertible, sporty car and eventually trade it in for a newer car?

ThatOneShredder

"I can shotgun a White Claw."
SRD Member
Reaction score
Buying the Kia would have you putting a big chunk down and then making payments, which helps build your credit score. If that's something you're looking to do, I'd go that route. I wouldn't do that unless you have plenty more cash set aside for surprise repairs. If the Mustang is what you want, at least you'll have extra cash in case something pops up.

123456789colton

SRD Member
Reaction score
Buying the Kia would have you putting a big chunk down and then making payments, which helps build your credit score. If that's something you're looking to do, I'd go that route. I wouldn't do that unless you have plenty more cash set aside for surprise repairs. If the Mustang is what you want, at least you'll have extra cash in case something pops up.
I want both. Haha. I only have $3500 to spend. My driving history is good. Credit is bad and I'd have to try and get a loan pulled out for the Kia.

I've been trying to read reviews or talk to people that have had experiences with either cars and get their opinions as well.

Thank you for replying!

KyleBuschFan18

2x Cup Series Champion
SRD Member
Reaction score
As someone who owns a 2002 Mustang GT with 144k on it I can honestly say you would be better off getting the KIA if you can. Ultimately it's your choice but I have a few friends who have a '99 and '01 V6 as well and the problems that they have, especially as they get older, the KIA would probably be a safer bet and like ThatOneShredder said it would help your credit.

123456789colton

SRD Member
Reaction score
As someone who owns a 2002 Mustang GT with 144k on it I can honestly say you would be better off getting the KIA if you can. Ultimately it's your choice but I have a few friends who have a '99 and '01 V6 as well and the problems that they have, especially as they get older, the KIA would probably be a safer bet and like ThatOneShredder said it would help your credit.
What issues arise with those cars?
And I would like to get a loan but I dont know if I would be approved for it. It makes me really think. 87000 miles is usually around the time issues start to arise, but 131000 seems high as well and there are unknowns with that car

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Kia would be a solid, dependable car for you, low miles for a 2010, and can be updated to look sportier. With that much for a down payment, you'd have no problem getting a loan though they might try to push you to a newer model that cost more because the loan to value would be low. Price is close to be right there.

The mustang would cost a little more IMO. Not sure what your age is BUT insurance would be more for the mustang (sports car), and the roof leaked once... why? The new interior could be hiding more issues than you know and what he wants to admit. Ive seen that. I'm a salesman for a dealership and Ive seen some shady stuff like that.

My vote: KIA

123456789colton

SRD Member
Reaction score
Kia would be a solid, dependable car for you, low miles for a 2010, and can be updated to look sportier. With that much for a down payment, you'd have no problem getting a loan though they might try to push you to a newer model that cost more because the loan to value would be low. Price is close to be right there.

The mustang would cost a little more IMO. Not sure what your age is BUT insurance would be more for the mustang (sports car), and the roof leaked once... why? The new interior could be hiding more issues than you know and what he wants to admit. Ive seen that. I'm a salesman for a dealership and Ive seen some shady stuff like that.

My vote: KIA
I mean the mustang does look really nice and clean. I read that the windows usually start to cave in... and they constantly leak.

I did manage to find a 2008 Honda civic lx coupe for 3000 obo. 102,000 miles. I know some hondas run over 200,000 miles. I might check this one out and add it to the list lol

Spike

SRD Member
Reaction score
If this is your limited list then go for the Honda Civic. Honda really backs their vehicles especially when it comes to manufacturing issues, unlike most other manufacturers who would rather just issue a TSB or an "extended warranty" then give you grief when you have to use said warranty. You should also check out any Mazda 3's or 6's within your price range, they are about the best handling fwd car you can get besides the 2009-10 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo which was tuned by the current head engineer for the Corvette.
If your credit is bad trust me don't get a loan for a vehicle, you will pay too much in finance rates, my brother in law learned that the hard way and is still stuck with a pos car because he can't afford to get anything better because he keeps having to dump money into fixing it. Get a credit card with a $500 limit and just get gas with it and pay it in full every month to build your credit back up.

Skyline

Graphic Designer Skyline Customs
SRD Member
Reaction score
I say find a v8 Mustang but that's just me