Latest resources

08 JOE GRAF JR.  - MARTINSVILLE daniele
Templates SRD, Render Burnout/Blender, numbers BER, ratings and new box me.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
07 DAVID STAR - TEXAS II daniele
Templates SRD, Render Burnout/Blender, numbers BER, numbers BER, ratings and new box me.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
20 - Dex Imaging Supra - HOM2 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
20 - Dex Imaging Supra - HOM1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
20 - Dex Imaging Supra - CLT1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

My next fictional NXS20 template will be...

Which fictional template should I create next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James Hodge

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
...up to you guys! Well, at least you can choose from the list in this poll. Most are going to be an attempt at realism and what a particular manufacturer would really bring to NASCAR. A few others are just some fun ideas and temps that I think would be fun to create. I'll probably end up doing whatever the top three choices are, so vote accordingly! Chose your TWO favorites from the list.

Last edited:

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Probably should have read the post before voting :p I got so excited when I saw the Mazda on there, so I voted for the Mazda 6 and submitted (can I just be put down twice for that??? lol I'd really like to see how you pull it off, I've having a pain lining up the grill from front to hood-area.) Good to see I'm not the ONLY person who voted for it so far, though.

Your templates are always top-notch man, as far back as I can remember, and your work is greatly appreciated.

James Hodge

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks! And the 6 doesn't seem too bad, it looks like the grille should be contained to the front clip portion of the template and not have to spill over onto the hood, unless I decide to do a lot of shading from the hood down to the grille. We'll see. And we likely will since it seems to be a popular choice.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks! And the 6 doesn't seem too bad, it looks like the grille should be contained to the front clip portion of the template and not have to spill over onto the hood, unless I decide to do a lot of shading from the hood down to the grille. We'll see. And we likely will since it seems to be a popular choice.
I attempted that, and realized that it would make the front decals too small in comparison to the entirety of the front, or too low and make it look like it has a 'five-head' so to speak.

But I'm very much a rookie with templates, and I know what you can do, which is why when I saw Mazda on that poll, I got stupid excited.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
See, I think the big difference maker there is the shading you apply. I never got the hang of shading.

Looks good man

James Hodge

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I can't take too much credit, any shading there is from the photo of the car I lifted the parts from. :D But I do often utilize the actual photos to get at least the base of the shading from even if I create my own over them to increase resolution..

James Hodge

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
We have some winners! Looks like my next three templates will be the Kia Stinger, the Mazda 6 and the Nissan Altima...
...and I'll be doing the Crown Victoria too since I own one and have wanted to do one for a while. :)

Skyline

Graphic Designer Skyline Customs
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm painting this as soon as the crown vic drops

2guns

SRD Member
Reaction score
as a proud owner of a p71 i look forward to that template lol

James Hodge

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
How many people slow down around you thinking you are a cop?
Not many. Since my car is A. a Street Appearance Package model and B. had the black vanity plates rather than white CA Exempt plates a cop would have I think it's pretty easily distinguished from a vehicle in service. Which was what I was going for with the plates and my aftermarket grille. I bought the car for a lot of reasons but looking like a cop was not one of them. That, and the local departments are phasing them out pretty quickly. CHP just retired their last two.

My previous CVPI was an all black 2011 with the standard Police Interceptor look...now that one did get some folks hitting their brakes from time to time.

Skyline

Graphic Designer Skyline Customs
SRD Member
Reaction score
If you really wanna look like a cop these days, drive a black Tahoe

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Not many. Since my car is A. a Street Appearance Package model and B. had the black vanity plates rather than white CA Exempt plates a cop would have I think it's pretty easily distinguished from a vehicle in service. Which was what I was going for with the plates and my aftermarket grille. I bought the car for a lot of reasons but looking like a cop was not one of them. That, and the local departments are phasing them out pretty quickly. CHP just retired their last two.

My previous CVPI was an all black 2011 with the standard Police Interceptor look...now that one did get some folks hitting their brakes from time to time.
Yeah I'm sure it is obvious it isn't a cop car, that doesn't mean there aren't people on the road that are bright enough to know the difference. Out where I live most cop cars are Ford Explorers, and I see people hit the brakes every time a soccer mom with a black explorer drives by.

Love the old school black plates by the way