Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Nascar '14

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonictherevenge

SRD Member
Reaction score
I was able to use my game elements wheel with 13 but not with 14.. Cant use the acceleration wont accept it..

Elio Lugaru

NASCAR Furry
SRD Member
Reaction score
Looks like they are working on bringing the New Qualifying & Chase Formats & Correcting the Roster. Good to know.

From the ETX NASCAR Facebook Page.

We know some of you have been waiting for this. Please find below details of what will be included in our free update for NASCAR ’14:

• Fixes for various freezing issue experienced by some players
• Fix to sound issues experienced by some players
• Changes to aggressiveness of AI to give players greater control over levels
• Tweak to difficulty setting to bring AI closer to selected level (want the full NASCAR experience? Select 100% for real-life scenario or dial down for less intensity)
• Increased yield when lower difficulty level selected
• Adjustment to Darlington and Kansas race lengths
• Fix for pitting issues experienced by some players
• Fix for private lobby issues experienced by some players
• Fix to ensure results achieved are accurately reflected
• Fix for decal / paint issues experienced by some players

This patch will also include an update to bring in the new qualifying and chase format rules announced early in 2014 by NASCAR and will include all 43 current Sprint Cup drivers. For those playing as Nationwide drivers these cars will remain in game for you to enjoy.

We are working to get the patch with you as soon as possible but have to follow the process of testing, updating information, Quality Assurance and finally submission to the various manufacturers. We will keep you updated as this process continues. Thank you.

Racecarboy93

SRD Member
Reaction score
Might get this now. 50 bucks is a little much right now. Is this fix for all platforms

Also, on another note: ETX made an app/game called NASCAR Manger, same as Redline but with Nascar 14's roster. Worth a try, and it is free right now!

Mooresville Kid

SRD Member
Reaction score
I broke down and bought it off steam this weekend, I think its okay minus the auto pit crap. The graphics are okay but I am playing on a 42 inch LCD at 1080 resolution. With all graphics up Im getting some lag but after checking my task mgr there are steam components using alot of cpu and memory so will have to make some adjustments. Havent tried online yet as I am still trying to get the wheel setting right. This will certainly NOT shelf NR2K3 by no means.

Macattack25

SRD Member
Reaction score
No Duh, NR2003 is the best NASCAR PC game that ever was even made! That is why there are hundreds and maybe thousands of sim racing websites that support NR2003, because even though you have to buy it at a place like Ebay or Amazon because it is not made anymore, compared to NASCAR The Game 2013 and NASCAR '14 for the PC (I have the PS3 Version), NTG: 2013 and NASCAR '14 are basically the same but with 2014 primary cars!

Mooresville Kid

SRD Member
Reaction score
You are right! nothing has come close and its hard to believe 11 yrs later. I have tried them all and wind up going back to 2K3 I guess because of its sim feel vs game feel. This new stuff doesnt even surpass the graphics which is saying alot.

Macattack25

SRD Member
Reaction score
You are right! nothing has come close and its hard to believe 11 yrs later. I have tried them all and wind up going back to 2K3 I guess because of its sim feel vs game feel. This new stuff doesnt even surpass the graphics which is saying alot.
I think that they need to put some country in, a little, Luke Bryan, Dan+Shay, Rascal Flats! Come on Deep Silver and ETX!:nuke::devil2::censored:

Racecarboy93

SRD Member
Reaction score
Broke down and got Nascar 14' this past weekend. The cars feel hevier and handle more like a real car. It still has it's fair share of glitches like...

- In turns 1 & 2 at Daytona 6 cars stopped in the middle of the turn and caused a huge crash

- Freezes while rewinding, caution replay, and restart

- Puts player a lap down randomly on a restart

- Puts player at front of field while a lap down
Hopefully they can fix these things soon, can't wait for the next patch which should fix freezing problems

Macattack25

SRD Member
Reaction score
I have NASCAR '14 and one thing that I do like about it is that at Daytona and Talladega is that the pack racing is really realistic, because I raced as Dale Jr on 0% opponent difficulty and I was lapping the field and I came upon a huge 4-wide pack and I said to myself,"Gee, 4-wide racing is awesome!"

Tim2488

Everything Bacon.
SRD Member
Reaction score
So.....they released the patch today.....

It broke the game even more apparently.

Julio Chang

SRD Member
Reaction score
So overall I hadn't been having quite the freezing issues pre-patch that a lot of people were having. It happened, but not enough to be a major bother (still shouldn't happen at all, but I digress). However I get the patch downloaded this morning. I see Chase Elliott's Napa car is there so I immediately grab it and take it to Atlanta. I'm waiting for it to load. And waiting. And... waiting. It's not frozen. The loading icon is moving. So it's literally "loading" for five solid minutes and I just said screw it.

Out of curiosity I went to one of the NASCAR '14 pages on Facebook to see if it was an issue only I was having. Guess what?!? The very first post on the page reads this:

"For those of you with the loading screen freeze issue, the issue is that your save file is incompatible. Delete all NASCAR '14 saves and delete the patch. Reinstall and restart your career and it'll work like a charm. AI is much faster and drivers better, schemes look great and career is actually more fun now. Enjoy the patch my friends, DLC coming in the near future."

For the record that wasn't from a developer however the forums are offering the same explanation.

Now the career okay... I never really dove into that to begin with because back when it came out, they immediately said cars would be added with the patch (which at this time sounded like it was imminent, not 4-5 months away) so I hadn't dove into that. However I did spend some time in the paint booth. My options are to either not having a working game, or delete my save file and lose my schemes. Some were just screwing around but something like this:

That's HOURS worth of work on the base, the decals, everything, that I will never get back if I want a game that ya know... actually functions.

Pabig

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
It's not like EA never had any spelling mistakes. In the PAL Version of NASCAR 06 you race against Kasey Khane and Kasey Mears. On the boxes of NASCAR 08 and 09 they promote "Jimmy Johnson" and in the PAL Versions of NASCAR 08 the Hendrick car of Kyle Busch is completely missing.

Julio Chang

SRD Member
Reaction score
Can correct one thing I stated earlier. NTG has the Saved Data file separate from things like paint schemes so you should be able to keep them, though I haven't tried this to confirm. Hopefully someone else can try it and see if you have the glitch of course.

Last edited:

ayrwolf

Where ever your're at, there you are
SRD Member
Reaction score
Played around a little after the patch was installed and I didn't have any problems. I was checking the FB page earlier and one of the biggest complaints was the Harvick's Outback car wasn't included in the new paint schemes. The only thing that seems strange is knock out qualifying for the 500

Status
Not open for further replies.