Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Nascar '14

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Dolfan

#Chasing8
SRD Member
Reaction score
I feel we should give DMi a chance. They made a smart decision by moving to Charlotte and I feel that move will pay off. I probably won't buy the "NASCAR '15" game because that's from ETX but I think we can/should give them a chance. Keep in mind all they got from ETX was cars and tracks. If it is true that they have already began working on a brand-new 2016 sim, then I believe that there should be no excuse for a mediocre game...

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
I would agree, except for the key aspect you outlined: it's all the same stuff. ETX has had how many chances to get this right? And now (according to the DMi letter) they are the sole licensee of NASCAR?

I have little to no faith that anything overly impressive is going to be put together. The tracks are nice, but the cars and the physics would have to be reworked (not to mention the plethora of bugs and glitches inherent) for anything to be successful. If they can overcome that, as well as adding the two other series in the next year, I'll eat my shoe.

And for the love of god, do away with that god forsaken paint booth and just let us take care of the painting on the PC.

hammer26tn

SRD Member
Reaction score
I would agree, except for the key aspect you outlined: it's all the same stuff. ETX has had how many chances to get this right? And now (according to the DMi letter) they are the sole licensee of NASCAR?

I have little to no faith that anything overly impressive is going to be put together. The tracks are nice, but the cars and the physics would have to be reworked (not to mention the plethora of bugs and glitches inherent) for anything to be successful. If they can overcome that, as well as adding the two other series in the next year, I'll eat my shoe.

And for the love of god, do away with that god forsaken paint booth and just let us take care of the painting on the PC.
I've read the open letter. It said the art work from Eutechnyx, not the physics or anything else. It's perfectly fine to have some reservations given they are using some stuff left over from ETX, but I don't think the nihilistic approach to this is the right way to go. Besides, I highly doubt they could make it any worse the EXT did.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
... didn't we say that about all the ETX games? "Couldn't get any worse than last year" .... lol .... boy, we were wrong lol

To be fair, let's see what they do. I'm sure we will start seeing progress around late summer/fall. Once I start seeing what they are putting together, I'll either confirm my statements (the 'nihilistic') or, as I said, I'll eat my shoe. I really doubt I'll be eating my shoe though.

Tetronix

#48EVER
Banned
Reaction score
I love NASCAR '14. I got it during one of Steam's sales for $3.79 instead of the approximate $10.00 I'd be paying for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.