Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR 2011 Debut Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacyofthe24

SRD Member
Reaction score
trust me the best way to go if you're gonna sell it is to get a 360. we have all 3 modern systems in my house and my 360 by far reigns supreme(connection, quality of games etc....)

Mike24

Retired
SRD Member
Reaction score
Just watched the trailer...looked good, visually for the first half of the commercial.

Then Biffle hit the wall at that angle and flipped...I know JLo flipped last year, but at that angle...it ain't gonna happen.

Brandon Howe

Track Creator at NR Track Designs
SRD Member
Reaction score
trust me the best way to go if you're gonna sell it is to get a 360. we have all 3 modern systems in my house and my 360 by far reigns supreme(connection, quality of games etc....)
But i can't afford XBOX live, and 90% of the time when i play console games, i play online... PS3 online multyplayer is free, and I like Sony more than Microsoft... And i'm not really all for Halo and those kind of XBOX only games.

Brandon Howe

Track Creator at NR Track Designs
SRD Member
Reaction score
Just watched the trailer...looked good, visually for the first half of the commercial.

Then Biffle hit the wall at that angle and flipped...I know JLo flipped last year, but at that angle...it ain't gonna happen.
Looks like a nr2003 wreck somewhat... And again, this isn't actuall gameplay.

Cheeze

AC/DC Junkie
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'll buy the game when it comes out. If it's complete crap I'll scratch it up and get my money back.

dalejrgamer

$9.99/mo
SRD Member
Reaction score
As much as I want the XBOX, Microsoft's doing a good job at making it a complete joke.

Legacyofthe24

SRD Member
Reaction score
i've never had a problem with mine and i've had mine almost 2 yrs come this christmas. although i'm about to get 1 of the new 360's, there's nothing wrong with the 1 i have. as far as xbox live and paying for it goes, i mean you sacrifice you pay money you get better online play. it's as simple as the difference b/t nr2003 and iracing, iracing you pay for it you get better quality.

dalejrgamer

$9.99/mo
SRD Member
Reaction score
i've never had a problem with mine and i've had mine almost 2 yrs come this christmas. although i'm about to get 1 of the new 360's, there's nothing wrong with the 1 i have. as far as xbox live and paying for it goes, i mean you sacrifice you pay money you get better online play. it's as simple as the difference b/t nr2003 and iracing, iracing you pay for it you get better quality.
Live isn't really better. Reason being is that some people are complete douchebags/a-holes and will show, especially when they're around 11-15. Online abuse occurs everywhere, whether you pay for a service or not.

Trust me. Tho, I've been playing PC games online, you know where I come from. Sometimes, I want to personally go to their homes and punch them on the nose.

Legacyofthe24

SRD Member
Reaction score
to be quite honest and there's really no way you can do this but i wish they would split all online play for all systems up into 2 groups: 17 and under and 18+. there ain't no way you can do that b/c people would register with fake birthdates but i wish they would figure out a way to.

dalejrgamer

$9.99/mo
SRD Member
Reaction score
to be quite honest and there's really no way you can do this but i wish they would split all online play for all systems up into 2 groups: 17 and under and 18+. there ain't no way you can do that b/c people would register with fake birthdates but i wish they would figure out a way to.
I do, too. But yeah, they can make a fake birthdate (and I know I did before I hit legal age), which sucks because they're under the assumption that this is the Internet, and their parents can't touch them.

Hell, some of the "adults" are under that mentality, which really sucks.

celticfang

Waffle addict
SRD Member
Reaction score
Day 1 purchase for me

So I got NBA 2k11, NASCAR 2011 and GT5 to keep me busy

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
This might be a really good game, but I doubt it will be a full blown sim, so this will probably just be a rental for me. They need to capture the mass market for the game to sell, which means it can't be too realistic (which means hard) because then people will get po'ed and put the controller down. That's why arcadey games come a dime a dozen these days and true sims come along once every few years (and usually don't sell too well).

Judging strictly by the trailer, it looks good. But, any developer can throw an amazing trailer together to get everyone's attention and make them think it's going to be the greatest thing ever. I'll reserve actual game judgement for when I play it or see some actual gameplay video.

JRRacing64

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
This might be a really good game, but I doubt it will be a full blown sim, so this will probably just be a rental for me. They need to capture the mass market for the game to sell, which means it can't be too realistic (which means hard) because then people will get po'ed and put the controller down. That's why arcadey games come a dime a dozen these days and true sims come along once every few years (and usually don't sell too well).

Judging strictly by the trailer, it looks good. But, any developer can throw an amazing trailer together to get everyone's attention and make them think it's going to be the greatest thing ever. I'll reserve actual game judgement for when I play it or see some actual gameplay video.
It doesn't need to be a full blown sim to be good. The old PS2 classic Dirt to Daytona was far from a sim. But it still was a fun game. Codmasters recent games like Dirt 2, Grid, and F1 2010 all are far from a full blown simulation. But they still is still are a challenge as far as the driving aspect of those games but it still has enough play ability for those new to racing games to get started. Which in turn makes them fun for every player.

Bottom line is don't go into this expecting this to be NR2003 for the console. If you do you will most likely be disappointed.

labontefanboy

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Have to say, the damage on Biffle while he flipped was incredible. While it's an unrealistic wreck, it is kind of what they have to do to get people to buy it if they aren't hardcore sim racers. But I definitely love the damage on this already. Most realistic console-only game damage ever. period.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Have to say, the damage on Biffle while he flipped was incredible. While it's an unrealistic wreck, it is kind of what they have to do to get people to buy it if they aren't hardcore sim racers. But I definitely love the damage on this already. Most realistic console-only game damage ever. period.
Keep in mind, though, that this was a trailer. They can make the game look however they want in the trailer. The actual game engine itself is something completely different.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
It doesn't need to be a full blown sim to be good. The old PS2 classic Dirt to Daytona was far from a sim. But it still was a fun game. Codmasters recent games like Dirt 2, Grid, and F1 2010 all are far from a full blown simulation. But they still is still are a challenge as far as the driving aspect of those games but it still has enough play ability for those new to racing games to get started. Which in turn makes them fun for every player.

Bottom line is don't go into this expecting this to be NR2003 for the console. If you do you will most likely be disappointed.
I'm not expecting this to be a full blown sim, but I do hope it's realistic enough. And I believe that the Codemasters games are sim enough for me (most anyway), especially as far as consoles are concerned. I'm a huge fan of the Colin McRae games and while the setups weren't very sim, the actual handling of the cars and the damage were phenomonal. But I'm still not expecting too much from this game just yet.

Also, the technology to make another NR2003, but for consoles, is definitely there. Many things could be improved upon to make it even better, but no one will ever do that because the general public wouldn't play it too much since it would be really realistic and hard. You wouldn't be able to mod the game, no, but the base NR2003 experience could be done and made better for the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.