1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Nascar 2018 mod Rfactor 2

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Gaven3820, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Gaven3820

Gaven3820 Active Member

I was just wondering why rfactor 2 is not getting talked about much? I like the 2018 nascar mod that was converted from nr2k3 to rfactor 2,but you don't really hear anything about it. I used to play rfactor 2 a lot till I had fps problems,now with the new update I get good fps,I really get like 3 or 4 more fps then I get with nr2k3,so with all that said why is rfactor 2 not that talked about?

2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Here's a question... last I looked at Rf2's Cup side of things, they had MAYBE 5-6 of the real oval tracks on the NASCAR circuit.
    Has that changed? If not, then I think you might have your answer as to why perhaps it's not as favored.

3. Gaven3820

Gaven3820 Active Member

That's the thing I think they now have all the track and have been updated to dx11, a few still have weird names.

4. RacerXero84

Ok... is the user interface and implementation been improved? Because the last time I was on it, it was a complete mess.
    Aside from that I have nothing, I hear lots of good things about the physics/tire models for that game.

5. GambitJon

GambitJon Well-Known Member

My friend is working on a xfinity mod.

As for the 2018 Cup mod, I've played it afew times and graphically was not impressed with DX11. It looks fine in NR03 due to the age of the game.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  6. GambitJon

I've also heard that the tire model isn't the best to work with from some people. If people worked on it has potential to be great though, I believe that you can utilize group qualifying and GWC (I could be wrong about that one). The only problem is fromm my understanding there isn't allot of modders.

7. RacerXero84

See... now I just popped up a video for the Cup mod, it actually doesn't look too bad IMO.
    And given that I've probably asked for help with getting my wheel feeling right plenty of times (full stop: I've done the tutorials, nothing feels right with my G920), I might actually look at this if the AI is decent.

8. GambitJon

34124927_916139581900197_2482991976174059520_o.jpg
    34101998_916139548566867_670329650559320064_o.jpg

The mod isn't done yet (Has done physics work to be done)

9. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

Because this site is, has, and always will be an NR2003 site...

10. Gaven3820

Gaven3820 Active Member

I just asked because the mod was converted from nr2k3

11. RacerXero84

Well... I have a partial answer as to why the game isn't more popular, or at least a theory.
    Many players here are offline racers, and the AI in rFactor 2's new Cup beta mod is atrocious, I mean it's bad, again, at least in the Cup realm. Poor pre-race formation, launch, and their ability to run lines reminds me of a track that has the line variance so tight the AI practically freight train around the circuit, and pitting is jerky.
    Graphically it's a little better than a finely tuned iteration of nr2003, but it races.... oddly. I don't know how else to describe it. It simply doesn't feel right at all for stock cars. Which would make it difficult for someone accustomed to either nr2003 or its successor iRacing very difficult to pick up (this coming from someone who races NR2k3, raced iRacing for 4 years, every GRID game, every NFS, AC, and PCARS 2 as well as every NASCAR game released since NASCAR 98).

Some might like it, and I can see where it would work for online leagues, but I can easily tell it isn't for everyone. And they definitely have not streamlined the UI much. Still seems poorly designed.

Mystical likes this.
  12. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm a fan of rF/rF2 but the UI definitely takes some getting used to. It's not very... intuitive to me. And I don't particularly like the feel of the stock car racing in the game. The road racing is loads of fun though.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  13. RacerXero84

Yeah, it seems like it's more road oriented than oval racing oriented in terms of feel and execution. Which in that aspect it's probably pretty good.
    I'm just of a 'keep turning left' kinda guy lol

Darren Ingram likes this.
  14. Gaven3820

Gaven3820 Active Member

I train my ai for each track,because I play offline. I can also change grip levels and other stuff to make the ai more realistic. The thing I have seen is the people that make are convert the tracks,do it for online play,they don't really worry about the ai.