1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Nascar and iRacing join forces

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by Michael James, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellion

Hellion Well-Known Member

Maybe You don't understand, it is about money! If not, why don't they create a game that you can buy and race online and offline? It should be the individual's choice as to race "the Best Sim" created online or offline. I do not choose to race online, but if I did I certainlly do not have the funds to give to Iracing or any other company. The people who keep NR2003 alive do it because they like the game, bottom line! What can you do with Iracing? Can you create your own scheme, special tracks, anything that you can do with NR2003, or Rfactor, what ? I do not mean to offend anyone and to each his own, but to me it sounds like you are promoting Iracing, and if I have offended you I am sorry. But as for me and mine I will not give my money to a company to race online. I will use it for better things than racing online. As someone else posted you may not can build and race a real car on that amount of money, but if you know people and with alittle give and take you can race in real life, which is a lot more exciting and a complete rush!

To each his own, it does not offend me what ever anyone does as long as it does not envolve my family. Sorry if I am out of line and have offended! Hellion

2. Hippie1986

Hippie1986 Well-Known Member

Yeah thats great if you're looking to be discovered and picked up which will likely never happen twice. I'm looking to play a game which Iracing and Nr2003 both are GAMES. You may be able to dismiss your monetary worries but I won't because i am savvy with my money and I refuse to spend money that I don't have on a silly game. I don't believe in credit and I was raised under the philosophy if you don't have the money for it, you don't get it. In fact, it is the IGNORANCE of our society and most people spending beyond their means that brought this country into the pathetic financial turmoil it is in today. Seeing as you contribute to that problem, I say, congratulations, way to screw our country up further.

I don't care if you use the monicker "Iracing is where the big boys play" (to me it's more like where the LAME boys play), WCW used that line and look where they are now. non-existent, except on WWE on demand when they were bought out. I'm not looking to be an obsessive competitor paying monthly and thensome to play some dumb game 24/7/365 in the off chance that i'll be discovered by some hack talent like Dale Jr. These are simply games I play for the fun of it, for release of stress. I don't want to turn it into my life or what you have done which is develop an unhealthy obsession over it. The Dale Jr turning an online racing geek into his spotter, whoop de doo the odds of that happening again you'd have better chances of seeing the Buffalo Bills win the superbowl. Or seeing lightning strike in the same place twice.

3. chevy29

chevy29 Well-Known Member

I checked out IRacing ,those testimonials,the way they are phraysed. Those guys were payed !

4. beatnik

beatnik Well-Known Member

So were the people that praised NR2003 for so long...right? The ones that go to the media and kept it alive outside of the community. That's pitiful thinking there bud lol.

5. Blazityler

Blazityler Well-Known Member

If you have the money and the time you should definatly check out IRacing. If you don't have much money but have NR2003 then NR2003 way to go. It all matters on if you are willing and have enough money. I'll tell you what though, Everything IRacing offers is worth a lot more than what they are selling it at. Ever since I started IRacing I have been in love with it. I hope some of others will be willing to try it someday.

Also with IRacing and Nascar joining forces I am uberly excited for IRacing. It just makes me want to get to Class A before 2010!

6. chevy29

chevy29 Well-Known Member

Bud,i really haven't said anything bad about IRacing ,it looks like a great place to race online!BUT racing online for a 500$ winner take all purse,that's were the BIG BOY'S race!!

7. SteveJ37

SteveJ37 Well-Known Member

iRacing is simulating the real thing and is very accurate to it compared to anything else. You stated earlier that anything that you sit down and use is not a simulation but a game. I disagree with that, most simulations for anything you are not very active and are sitting. Heck even NASCAR drivers sit in their cars.... lol

If you want to use iRacing as a game then thats your choice, if you want to use it as a simulation then thats your choice also. It can be used as both depending on the person. In my opinion, unless someone has accually tried iRacing in the trucks, Nationwides or COT's their opinion is not very accurate. I also thought things such as "Why would I spend $400 on that?" a couple months ago but my opinion completely changed once I learned more about iRacing and payed only $20 to try it. The realism in iRacing makes NR2003 look like a EA NASCAR game. I still support NR2003 and will continue to do work for it but I have moved on to the most up to date and life like sim.

Every penny I have spent in iRacing is worth it. People spend more money on smoking then you ever would in iRacing. I really don't understand how some people complain so much, you get what you pay for and it's not really that much money.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  8. DPawlak

DPawlak Well-Known Member

9. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

I am wondering that myself with the posts I am reading.

To the iracing haters, and to anyone flaming iracing subscibers, take a deep breath and THINK about your post before you click submit. Some of the negative comments I have read about iracing and their subscribers is just plain silly.

So iracing charges a fee to use their product. If you don't want to pay, then don't. But you cannot have an opinion on something you haven't tried now can you? Or is it the fact you know it's a good racing sim and you still feel burned about the lawsuit's and can't forgive them? Be real about it, how can someone who hasn't actually tried something have an opinion on it? It's an uninformed, ignorant argument. So stop, because I hate to say it, that's what you iracing haters sound like.

I propose a challenge to you iracing haters. I'll put up the $20 for you to try it. But you must run the full month. I'll be watching, so no 1 and doners please. After the 1 month, then give your honest opinion on what iracing is, and how you feel about the sim. This takes care of the money argument since it's on my dime. Just give an honest opinion.

If you feel it still isn't worth it, fine. At least you tried it and can give an educated argument instead of the crap I have been reading this week.

Any takers?

10. NukaColaV13

NukaColaV13 Well-Known Member

I'll do it... if you allow me to. I don't know how you would feel about paying for a 16 year old's iRacing subscription though.

11. DPawlak

that would be a waste... I'd like to see someone who said they're interested but can't afford it. You said N2003 all the way for you.

Dave

12. NukaColaV13

Ha... I'll take any challenge up. Besides.... an opportunity like this only comes up once in a million years.

Plus the fact that I have started to wonder if it really IS worth it.

13. DPawlak

I'd say anybody BUT you...

14. NukaColaV13

And why is that? Am I not good enough for your uber-sim iRacing?

15. Hippie1986

Hippie1986 Well-Known Member

good thing I don't smoke then huh? cause i think people are dumb for wasting their money on those as well. but I understand everyone's got a vice or everyone kills themselves slowly in their own manner.

I'm not bashing the game itself I bet the game rocks minus the fact that you can't create your own car, tracks blah blah blah. I'm bashing their policies of overcharging to race somewhere in a virtual world. I'm bashing all online games that force you to subscribe monthly to keep playing otherwise your game becomes worthless. as i asked earlier, what happened to paying once for a game and then it was truly yours. I truly find your offer appealing to let any of us race on your dime and I appreciate the gesture as it is one of the nicest i've seen from anyone on this site. However racing on someone elses dime with no catches wouldn't do me justice and i'd much rather have you spend your dime on you. Maybe if the policies change on Iracing or i strike it rich someday, i'll look into the game when i couldn't give a crap about $20+ a month. Or instead of u offering it up without a catch, you could make it like a business deal where soemone takes the 20 dollars and they make you or whatever company you represent as a sponsor on their cars for leagues in NR2003. :) just a thought since i and prolly others would feel crappy just taking your money like that.

16. DPawlak

now you're willing to try " this horribly overpriced product."

Remember who said that?

dave

17. beatnik

Oh man, my comments yesterday may have seemed a bit off guys. I do apologize if I took it to the max too early, loooooong day. ;-)

18. traumaking

traumaking Well-Known Member

while you guys argue i'm patiently waiting for rfactor 2 and asr 2009!lol

19. beatnik

I'm waiting on rFactor 2...don't care much for ARCA 09 though.

Here's just something awesome, one more race like this and I'll be able to run D Class after two days of being on here lol.

[​IMG]

One of the drivers PMed me on the forums asking me how I did it...

I simply said, stay off the wall...follow a pack of cars and don't touch them...and LET PEOPLE BY!!

lol

20. beatnik

I need out of the rookie class bad. I mean real bad. I just lost 0.20 and never made a mistake, I was hit by the same guy three times because he was letting his friend drive. This is f'd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.