1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Nascar and iRacing join forces

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by Michael James, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheJ

TheJ Well-Known Member Banned

i have no aspirations nor the computer to run online, so im stickin with nr03, until the next good nascar offline game is released. at that point, its byebye 2003.

2. Gooseman

Gooseman Well-Known Member

The reason it jumped so much is you jumped over a full number. From 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4 you will get big jumps in SR. This is so that if you say jump from 3-4 and are able to run in the next series up, then have a bad race SR wise, you don't drop back down under 4 immediately. Gives you a little wiggle room. You won't always see these jumps just for having a good race.

3. beatnik

beatnik Well-Known Member

Ah, ok...good words Gooseman, you run on iRacing I presume?

4. beatnik

lol, someone posted this on the iRacing forums. I love it:

[​IMG]

5. 88fan

88fan RRInc. Global Mod.

:lol:

6. beatnik

After tonight I'll probably just run Advanced Rookies (which is almost an oxymoron) until I get back to 4.0. The standard rookies races are becomming a wreckfest. People need to practice before racing...it's almost comical. Takes me back to the glory days of NR2003 and to the beginning of ARCA.

7. Gooseman

Gooseman Well-Known Member

Yep, been running it for about 3 months now. Don't hardly touch the other sims anymore. Been running the trucks and Impala B with fairly good success. Started in road sims but haven't quite gotten up to speed in the road cars yet. Word of advice, get out of the rookie races as soon as you can!

8. NukaColaV13

NukaColaV13 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. beatnik

I'm sittin at 3.63 as I write this. I was at 3.63 early yesterday as well before BOOM the destruction derby ensued. The Late Models are calling my name.

I'd buy both Late Models and SK Modifieds but apparently the SK Modifieds are only run twice a week.

10. Blazityler

Blazityler Well-Known Member

Late models are probably the best car on IRacing

11. beatnik

Just bought 'em to. I HOPE come two or three o'clock I can be on there racin them. Although I do hate Concord with a passion.

12. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

Guys, there's a reason why we have an entire forum devoted to iRacing! Please make threads in there and chat away to your heart's content. This doesn't need to be the catch-all thread for all things iRacing. :)

As for the NR2003 vs iRacing whatever, I think it's pretty well agreed that iRacing is for online racers, but not offline racers. I have yet to see iRacing offer anything for offline racers. Now I've seen people in this very thread belittle offline racers and pound their chests about how online racing is so super great. To anyone who'd do that, please get over yourself. People have different tastes, and you don't need to be better than everyone else because you do what you do. Live and let live. There's no shame at all in wanting to race a realistic racing simulator against AI.

Until iRacing shows me, the offline racer, why I should use their product/why their product is superior over NR2003 with respect to offline racing, then I'll pay attention. Until then, NR2003 for me, and my offline racing brethren.

As for the money bit, yeah it's expensive, but it's still up to the person to decide how best to spend their money. If iRacing seems like the way to do it, great. If not, that's fine too. Everyone makes their own judgment about what to spend money on, and not everyone makes the same judgment. Again, this is no reason to pound the chest and declare yourself better than people because you made some choice and others made a different one. People are going to see the same price structure in their own way, and we need to respect that, not bicker back & forth about it.

I'd really like to see less bickering, and more fruitful discussion in this thread going forward. :)

13. beatnik

I'm on my way to create a fruitful thread lol.

14. NukaColaV13

Well, I asked around and finally found somebody at my school with an iRacing subscription. I went to his house and tried it AND....

I'm still not convinced. The 'driving on ice' feel is very much still there. Or I may have a bad leadfoot. Either way, I still can't see the uber-realism in this.

15. Blazityler

I don't think IRacing is super realistic, but I believe that its the most realistic sim there is now. Maybe you did something wrong but if you hit the wall your car will actually feel different. when ever you crashed your car would actually feel like it has a problem.

16. NukaColaV13

I never did hit anything... I spun under full power. Maybe I just need to lay off the pedals.

All right DPawlak.. you got me. It's not too bad. I still won't ditch NR2003 though.

17. Blazityler

well, the cars are hard to control at first but after practice you can handle them better
    I'm not quiting on NR2003 either, I race in two leagues still. I'm just not playing on it as much as i would without IRacing

18. NukaColaV13

I noticed that pattern with rFactor too. I hated rFactor's handling characteristics at first, but now I can complete a lap at Nurburgring (the 24h course) without fishtailing.

Which brings me to another point... why are companies using this naming pattern for their sims now? rFactor, iRacing.... it's kinda funny/strange.

19. DPawlak

DPawlak Well-Known Member

Kinda don't care what you do...

20. beatnik

Not sure...my understanding is it's "race" Factor, and "internet" Racing.

I guess over time everything shifts one way or another lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.