1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by watsonz, Jun 2, 2017.

?

Are you looking forward to NASCAR Heat 2?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Undecided

27 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. watsonz

watsonz #4TheCup

heat.png

Thought I'd start a new thread for 704 Games' upcoming racing game, NASCAR Heat 2, since news will be coming rather quickly. (Also to separate future posts about the new game from the NASCAR Heat Evolution thread.) Mods, I hope you are okay with this.

From what it appears, 704 Games will reveal more information around E3, which is coming up around the middle of this month. They will also reveal the cover art later this month, most likely around the same time as well.

Confirmed so far (if I missed any, feel free to share below):

Update: June 11, 2017

• Trucks will be in the game.
    • 6 new tracks; 3 road courses, Eldora, and Iowa.
    • Career starts at Trucks, moves to Xfiniy, then Cup.
    • New challenges; fuel mileage, crash avoidance, etc.
    • Multiplayer now features cautions.
    • More detailed career statistics.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/1...t-screen-camping-world-trucks-xfinity-preview

Check these links for any updates on the game:

704Games Twitter: https://twitter.com/704games
    704Games NASCAR Heat Twitter: https://twitter.com/704nascarheat

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    TSF141996 and 4WideRacing like this.
  2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

All I can really say about it is that they better straight-up blast my socks clean off. After essentially throwing away $50 the last time (I logged 6 hours TOTAL on the last "effort") I suggest they best pull an elephant out of a hat or something equally impressive. No excuses this go around, I won't be strung along like I was with Eutechnyx.

Mystical likes this.
  3. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

It will be a long time if I decide to purchase. Codemaster's F! 2017 will be released at the same time and I can preorder knowing i"m getting a quality game.

frow78 and nj9703 like this.
  4. watsonz

watsonz #4TheCup

5. rwarchol

rwarchol Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it will be very similar to NHE. With the addition of Trucks and Xfinity it will give them a reason to make a game next year since they'll be able to "improve" on those series. It's absolutely asinine that they can't make a game to the standards of one they released 15 years ago. Can't drive down pit road because it would "take so much effort?" I could drive down pit road in 1996 playing NASCAR Racing 2! No, I'd rather have the computer have my car come to a complete stop in the middle of pit lane because a car 300 ft ahead is pulling out.

I do think 704 is in somewhat of a tough spot. It doesn't live up to the NASCAR games of the early 2000's and it doesn't live up to the next-gen video games of today.

6. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

7. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Well-Known Member

The game can be as pretty as it wants. If it drives like crap and the AI is crap, there's no point.

8. Thunder98

Thunder98 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'd rather have Nascar Racing's 1994 graphics and excellent gameplay than next-gen graphics with shitty controls.

9. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

game is already unrealistic...the stands are full!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2017
  10. Harry Nurpplez

Harry Nurpplez Making a comeback!

Honestly I feel our expectations have been generally too high. IRacing doesn't and wont allow anything else to be on their level(as is their legal right) as far as an actual true NASCAR racing sim goes. It sucks but thats the reality of it. Sure a modern NT2004 would kick ass. But these companies have been taking the easy way since 2011 and clearly show no sign of growing a pair and giving us the best possible NASCAR only arcade racing game in a long time. And lets not kid ourselves here, as long as these games are made consoles in mind and NOT PCs, then thats all these games will ever be.

theusar likes this.
  11. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Not much in the way of an argument against that from me. However, I would like to point out that some of the console based games (Thunder era circa '05-'07) actually felt/played pretty well. They weren't simulators, but it was amazingly fun with the content, competition, unlockables, etc, as well as learning the setups, that really make me wish they would spend a little less time on eye-candy and some more time on depth.

frow78 likes this.
  12. Harry Nurpplez

Harry Nurpplez Making a comeback!

Oh absolutely agreed!

13. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

But they don't hold rights for things like being able to drive your own car down pit road, have competent AI that are coded well, paint your own cars, and fun driving as examples. I was never looking for hyper realistic driving to the point it needs to be a simulator that Nascar Drivers would choose over iracing. I just want a Nascar game that is actually good instead of the watered down experiences we keep getting ever year or two.

MWick4 likes this.
  14. rwarchol

rwarchol Well-Known Member

The problem is Monster/DMR took the easiest road possible for NH:E. I didn't believe a ton of people at first but they basically updated the Cup portion of Dirt to Daytona and released it as a new game. Everything from the engine sounds, the tire screech, to the crowd cheer were taken directly from a then 15 year old game. I'm not sure how that 'seven possible since they were given ALL of the assets the ETX used for their NASCAR games...meanwhile SMS is adding active tracks and day to night transitions to all of their tracks in Project Cars 2. SMS has already confirmed stock cars for PC:2 and with what that game offers it could pull a lot of people away from NH2.

Fun fact of the day: Dirt to Daytona was originally called Nascar Heat 2: Road to the Championship. Hopefully this NH2 can live up to the last one, especially since one of the devs tweeted that they believe they over-delivered on this years game.

15. watsonz

watsonz #4TheCup

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    shaneshine23 likes this.
  16. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

Holy shit! They went into actual detail?!?!

EDIT: Holy shit this mean Iowa is in an official NASCAR video game for the first time ever too! I'm so happy right now. Hope the rest of the game is worth enough to get it.

shaneshine23 likes this.
  17. watsonz

watsonz #4TheCup

Side drafting, bump drafting.

Career starts out at Trucks, moves on to Xfinity, etc.

More detailed:

"And finally, NASCAR Heat 2 users will get the car customization options they had asked for last year. They don't have a true layer editor, but they can choose from several templatized options and change their colors, driving that car in any mode (including the career). If users opt to stick with the real-life liveries, ones made available in premium DLC will be visible to online racers who don't have it."

"6 new tracks include Eldora, Mid-Ohio, two other road courses."

"Drafting physics will reflect concepts such as bump-drafting and side-drafting. The handling options have been modified, with the easier setting now called stability control. NASCAR Heat Evolution had simulation physics and then an assisted mode, with one handling preset covering all 36 tracks. Now there will be 42 presets custom made for each course."

"In career, drivers will start out racing in the Camping World Trucks series and progress from there, leading to limited offers to race in the higher series, and ultimately an invitation to be a full-time driver for a racing team."

Presentation:

"Elsewhere, 704 Games is working on lots of little touches to the presentation and environment of NASCAR Heat 2. They recorded more spotter dialogue, particularly for the end of a race when he mentions your performance, to cut down on repetition. Flagging the race will now be animated (though the crowd still looked static as I whizzed by in a pre-alpha build). A blimp will circle the field. A pre-race scene featured drivers milling about pit road; designers have modeled about 16 real-life drivers. Winning a race will reward the user with a post-race victory celebration on the stand, with a trophy, the Monster Energy presenters, and cheering fans."

shaneshine23 likes this.
  18. watsonz

watsonz #4TheCup

More screenshots:

NH2_NCWTS_1.jpg
    nh26.11610a.jpg

Multiplayer
    • Two players can race each other in offline splitscreen, and Monster Games is currently looking if any alternate camera modes will be available.
    • Whether you play online or off, points based on your performance will be tracked on a rolling four-race basis. The points leader at the end of every four races will be crowned king. These races can span different series.
    • Leaderboards track who's best at that track, who's top five in wins, etc.
    • All lobbies are available at the same time and can be browsed through.
    • You can choose to fill out the remaining field with A.I. cars.
    • Customized and DLC cars can be taken online.
    • The developer says it's still finalizing more details about the game's online structure, so there should be more details before launch.

TSF141996 and shaneshine23 like this.
  19. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

AI and better physics are all this game needs at this point.

MrDude68 likes this.
  20. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

These sound like quality improvements. Never got NHE based on the reviews but I'll certainly be paying close attention to see if this game is worth getting. Graphics have always seemed good but gameplay is obviously the big question mark.

Love the addition of career mode where you're starting in the Truck Series, spent hours playing Chase for the Cup 2005 on the PS2 doing career mode lol.