1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

NASCAR Heat 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by watsonz, Jun 2, 2017.

?

Are you looking forward to NASCAR Heat 2?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    46.5%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    22.1%
  3. Undecided

27 vote(s)
    31.4%
  1. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Makin' $$$ off noobs

My suggestion: don't bother. Do as you want of course, but I really REALLY don't even think it's worth the time, nevermind the money. I'll wager most will refund it quickly. Your points add to what I said earlier, and you are 100% spot on; either this team doesn't care, or didin't put in REAL effort into putting content in that people expect out of a NASCAR game. And the graphical issues I am seeing as well, even on my machine, which runs iRacing capped out on graphics on triple ultra-wides at over 100 FPS. It's REALLY unacceptable.

I caution anyone thinking about buying it unless you simply don't care, have $30-$40 bucks to burn, and don't mind a blase game.

2. Cutch22

Cutch22 Learning the Ropes

I think I'll just hope to win a digital code from someone on Twitter, I don't think I'll pay full price (or even half price for this). If I don't win, I'll be fine with sticking to NR2003.

3. Jakub Smetana

Jakub Smetana Well-Known Member

Is there anybody, who have problem with steering wheel?

4. RacerXero84

Quite a few people actually. The wheel support is questionable aside from the G920 and maybe one or two others.

Just uninstalled Heat 2, and went back to nr2003. Not regretting it.

5. Jakub Smetana

Jakub Smetana Well-Known Member

I have Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 wheel

6. RacerXero84

Buddy of mine has a thrustmaster, he had to go into the settings file and manually assign the various axis, and even then, it didn't work very well. Same thing for the Logitech DFGT (which is interesting because of how popular a wheel it is for racing enthusiasts).

7. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

I'll probably get this just for something to have some fun with, at least. I was planning to going to the roval next season anyway. The early reviews were mixed, now I'm only seeing negative. I'll just try it out when the price drops.

8. RacerXero84

Man.... some people have blinders on that really make me wonder how they function in this world: I leave a review of the game, citing everything I did here, and almost immediately, a couple people jump on me saying I'm nitpicking and that my analysis is completely false... (Facebook being Facebook to a point).

... I'm all for supporting a game you like, but don't be stupid about it. It's like with iRacing. God forbid you say something pointing out a deficiency, the fan boys come out the wood work and blast you (assuming iRacing doesn't outright ban you).

People need to realize that if we just accepted the game and DIDN'T critique it, nothing would improve, ever.

9. FastCat

FastCat Well-Known Member

I still play Nascar Racing 2003 season and of course Iracing. Its been awhile since I've played a console Nascar game, but to be honest, I don't hate the game. There is A LOT that they really need to tweak and I think we will have a better game next year. I do think its pretty awesome that they were able to get the truck series and Xfinity series in the game.

Maybe I am asking for too much, but I wish this game had a true Silly Season and driver's contracts during the season and of course career mode like we see in other sports games. I remember Nascar Thunder 2003 had something like that.

10. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

Yeah, my friend got a copy after this tournament

11. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Cruising at Warp 9

Currently 55 positive and 37 negative reviews on Steam. From all that I've read generally its an improvement but still well below expectations. I'm not exactly surprised.

12. badhairday

badhairday Well-Known Member

Well i bought it cos i thought if im gonna slate it i have to experience it.
    Everything i read is kinda true it just plain sucks as a PC title for the following reasons
    I gave up trying to set up my wheel as i could either have separate pedals or a shifter but not both.I even tried using Vjoy to run all controllers on 1.
    I run a T500,Th8a shifter on usb and Fanatec V3 clubsport pedals so its not new technology and works in all other sims even older titles,no excuse.
    The graphics are jaggy even on full crank, frame rates that spike up and down all over the place, crash to desktop for what reason i don't know.
    And WTF is press A X or Y, its sold as a PC title at least make the effort to alter the UI accordingly.
    The night races do look great,the lighting and atmosphere is done really well,the career mode is a nice touch, i cant comment on force feedback or general handling as i never drove due to the above issues.
    I could go on but it would become a bit of a rant so ill leave it at that,anyway its refunded and i'm back to content.

Tetronix, J.R.Franklin and Mystical like this.
  13. horseman89

horseman89 Well-Known Member

Better than previous NH at least with multiple series and Career thing (starting from trucks and slowly stepping trough series) , but still annoys me a lot with these joystick wheels thing only....this game can be maybe good for some casual NASCAR fan - some local beer drinker, but not for some advanced and well demanding NR2003 dude (like me for example).

14. radney

radney Well-Known Member

People have to take NR2003, Iracing and older NASCAR games out the equation. In other words, act like they don't exist. Take NH2 for what it is. It is better than NHE, but only by small steps, but at least better. All you can ask is that with each game that it's better than the last one. All the features that are lacking to this point will eventually be in there. They will add them marginally over time. They're not going to give them to you all at once. Sure, they will say it's a new feature but we all know that it's not and should have been in the game from day 1. They're going to nickel and dime you each year without giving you everything at once. It's called business strategy. They do have a good base to build off of at least. I've played all of NASCAR's older games and the question is.....is the fun factor there? For me it is. I don't take this game too seriously, never did. If you go in with expectations similar to NR2003 and others, you will be disappointed. It's at least a better game and a step in the right direction in which all you can ask for. It probably won't be for a couple of years before you get the game that you wanted and expect.

theusar and jacobc62 like this.
  15. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Dude, this makes no sense... So we're just supposed to ignore that there are already far superior games that you can pick up today at GameStop for a few bucks? Explain to me why I should accept "marginally better than last year's" when the best titles were made 15 YEARS AGO. We've had a decade and a half to see something better than what's already out there, and every year all we get is another glittering garbage pile. They need to do better or they will never get my money. Plain and simple.

jgegner, 3WideGuy, Tetronix and 5 others like this.
  16. RacerXero84

Eutechnyx would like a word about games becoming significantly better over time....

NH2 isn't garbage per se, but it's definitely still coming in with less than games made long ago, you cannot remove those games from the equation because they exist, and they showcase the stuff the people have been asking for for years but, for whatever reason, gets ignored. THAT is what irks so many potential buyers.

When a game(s) made in 2003-2006 beats the crap out of something that looks good but has a fraction of the depth and play value, you might be doing something wrong as a developer.

Also, there was a LOT of promises made about the AI, settings options, etc, during the summer months, and they didn't deliver. At all. People really should stop with this "oh well it's better than the Eutechnyx NASCAR games and an improvement over NH:E".... NASCAR Thunder 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 was an improvement over that and this current title. That's reality, and telling the devs that this is acceptable is wrong, because they will simply continue to push out a polished turd if people keep singing praises on something that, quite frankly, doesn't measure up.

Tetronix and MrDude68 like this.
  17. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Bought it yesterday for PC through Steam. Only reason I did is because with under an hour of playtime I can get a full refund, so I thought why not.

My first question. If NH2 is better than NHE, how fucking terrible was NHE? Because NH2 (from what I experienced) is complete garbage but I'm not surprised. I can't configure buttons on my controller, still hearing sound clips from Dirt to Daytona and the AI seems way too easy on full strength. All this I found out in under an hours worth of play time. Already getting a refund after not even owning it for 24 hours.

18. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

And until I see multiple reviews saying "ABC" company has finally bested that 15 year old game, this forum will still be dominated by NR2003.

DaveO, NascarMan32, Tetronix and 2 others like this.
  19. radney

radney Well-Known Member

Well that's just it. It's always about NR2003, which is fine. Sometimes I think it's also biased because of the fan base.

20. radney

radney Well-Known Member

No one is saying that you're wrong or anything for that matter. I don't know the ends and out of what kind of budget that they have. Do they have a budget of EASports or other companies? I don't know. They'll eventually get better. Maybe not this year or next, but they will. Sometimes you have to look at things for what it's worth and keep your expections on a realistic level.