1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by watsonz, Jun 2, 2017.

?

Are you looking forward to NASCAR Heat 2?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Undecided

27 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

I think expecting a game that doesn't have:
    - stuttering issues
    - failure to deliver promises
    - handling/physics that aren't better suited to a mobile game (this is literally undeniable and completely irrefutable)
    - actual game depth
    - works as designed on all platforms it released on (I reference Thunder 2004, which had some changes to work on PC, knowing what PC users want, made it exceptional)

... isn't unrealistic expectations. You might be right on the budget, but if perhaps they didn't blow it all on a known-to-be crap physics engine, and lowered the "gloss" in favor of improving other areas, this game very well could have been a success.

Spike, MrDude68 and 4WideRacing like this.
  2. radney

radney Well-Known Member

No game these days delivers on what was promised. Madden who has been a flagship title for years, still fails. Ask anybody, all games, no matter what it is falls short, especially sports games. The problem is lack of competition. NASCAR games were better back 15 years ago because it had more than 1 company putting out. Ever since EA bought the exclusive rights to games, that's when you started seeing a decline in the quality of the product.

theusar likes this.
  3. MrDude68

MrDude68 Well-Known Member

Well that is something you are 100% right about. That said, it still doesn't mean we should lower our standards. If we keep buying the crap these companies are churning out now, we're reinforcing bad judgment and bad quality, and enabling them to continue on that path. That's not something I want to partake in. If we want to show them we want a GOOD game, what we need to do is stop buying their stuff until we're satisfied with the product.

DaveO likes this.
  4. RacerXero84

I would counter the quality over time when dealing with exclusivity as it pertains to EA. Again, Thunder 04-06 where some of the best produced, despite no real competition.

I get tired of the same old song and dance with these half-ass'd NASCAR games lately. iRacing just needs to take advantage of their NASCAR partnership, pump out a stand-alone game based on current content with similar options as nr2003. It might still very well happen (they have been polling about a stand-alone), which WILL annihilate this trash we have dealt with. I'd shell out $100 for a solid title that actually delivers, like EA used to, instead of $30-$50 on something I'll try and then shelf after a few hours. I expect that many others would do the same if it happened.

That should be a wake up call to this company: a single decision and they are S.O.L., which equates to their need to step it up and stop leading people on. They promised a plethora of handling options among other things this year, and it was the key point that had people pre-ordering. Not only did they fail to deliver, it was like they didn't put any effort at all behind it. That, in many ways, is false-advertising. Because of this, many people lost any trust they had in the company, and rightfully so.

Casual racers will buy it, and praise it, because they don't know of what a GOOD racing game can be, most of the time (some just don't care). But drivers that know what a good racing title is, knows this is FAR from it.

5. radney

radney Well-Known Member

I agree and disagree with you at the same time........

NASCAR Thunder 2004 and 2005 were pretty good. 2006 sucked.

6. badhairday

badhairday Well-Known Member

Surely any one who is going to buy a Nascar title must have an interest in that sport so therefore must have dabbled in other Nascar titles.
    The only other great Nascar titles being the Papyrus series wether it is 2003 or earlier.The guys there new what was needed to make an all encompasing race sim that had arcade or full sim settings with good physics and modabillity. Graphically it was way ahead of its time and pushed a lot of newer PCs to the limit.So of course its a benchmark for stuff coming out nowadays and so it should be.
    How developers who have obtained the full Nascar licence cannot see beyond what they've produced in NH2 is inexcusable.To keep producing sub standard games with the intention of finally getting it right will lose them more followers than gaining new fans.
    Why not make a PC Nascar game then dumb it down for consoles instead of the other way round.

7. RacerXero84

How DARE you use logic and suggest a sound business model... /s

InsideLine, NascarMan32 and Tetronix like this.
  8. David24

David24 Well-Known Member

Because the sad truth is more people own a Playstation or Xbox than a computer (or rather use a computer for gaming)

Tetronix likes this.
  9. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Well, to be fair, in my humble opinion, NR2003 is the pinnacle of Nascar Sim racing still. A new Nascar Sim game must be compared to it to see if it is either light years ahead, or where it falls short.

Bottom line to me is this. If ABC company can't offer what we are currently are accustomed to from an almost 15 year old game, they should stop, sit down and figure out how to do it. It can be done. Why someone hasn't been able to best NR2003 yet just boggles my mind, it truly does. The technology that's at our disposal now should leave no company with an excuse as to why they cannot best a Nascar sim that's 15 years old.

Fuck, give me the budget they used to push out this new game, I guarantee with just the people I know we could put out something people would be excited about. Man I'd love to win the powerball and give it a go. I swear I would :D

10. RacerXero84

Pitch an idea to 704, or their publisher. At the VERY least, you might help them get on track. Best case scenario, they bring you on board as a QA or tester.

Tetronix and 3WideGuy like this.
  11. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

It's not so much the budget. C'mon look what we all can do with a ZERO BUDGET. Or should I say what comes out of our own pockets, if your hosting your own servers etc etc. But some of the modders in a few communities have produced some impressive stuff with zero budget.

All I can say is, this time, I didn't bother getting on board to do early beta testing, nor did I bother to even think about buying the came. Heck some of us have released Trucks, Xfinity, and Cup mods right in our own back yards. We all know the quality that we want in a game period.

12. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Sign me up if you EVER get that budget too! :) I would gladly crank out some gorgeous models, or even help code a brand new engine. :) We do have the talent pool in our communities. But sadly we all have day jobs. :)

Tetronix, Spike and InsideLine like this.
  13. Junebugrocks88

Junebugrocks88 Well-Known Member

Got the game today... the wreck physics are atrocious, but other than that I think it's actually a pretty good game. The game isn't as good as games like NASCAR 05 and 06, but it's a big step in the right direction from the games of the last few years.

AJGracing and Brandon Thornton like this.
  14. horseman89

horseman89 Well-Known Member

I guess, the main problem not only for NASCAR or racing games but talking about sport sims itself (maybe except EA Fifa and Konami PES series) that there is no competition between companies anymore! Companies can own all rights to make some title exclusively and they can do whatever they want with it and don't listen much to critic! And that's why we have now in first year just some crap, in second year a little bit upgraded and looking better crap, but still a crap and not a game what you would like to play at least till next year.

ChadVSO likes this.
  15. Cutch22

Cutch22 That Pittsburgh Fan

I agree, the community is there for it. To be honest, while I'm not experienced at all in modding whatsoever, I'm willing to bet that if someone put together a kickstarter, and got enough people on board it'd be possible to put together a game that is better from a realism standpoint than NHE is. The only issue would be to get around licensing rights, which would probably mean the game would need to be purely fictional.

Tetronix, Harry Nurpplez and DaveO like this.
  16. horseman89

horseman89 Well-Known Member

This (if game will be fictional with some Shmascar title or fictional carset) will not be a big problem if a game will be modifiable and people can paint cars, pits or whatever they want + can build tracks. I have no doubt that sooner or later then it will be looking a lot better and more realistic than NH2 or whatever crap Monster games or some other dev will release in the future.

Harry Nurpplez and DaveO like this.
  17. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

Unused files suggest Gaulding would have been in the game, and Austin Dillon in the NXS #2 instead of Kennedy
    z.png

Tetronix and NascarMan32 like this.
  18. Junebugrocks88

Junebugrocks88 Well-Known Member

I'd rather have Dillon in the 2 if it meant Kennedy was in the 96 and GMS could actually be in the damn game lol

19. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

I'm assuming Kennedy is in the 2 because he wanted to be in the game, and he would have been in the 96, but then GMS didn't want in so they last minute put him in the 2.

20. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

GMS supposedly wanted to be paid royalties, hence why they are not in the game.