1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by watsonz, Jun 2, 2017.

?

Are you looking forward to NASCAR Heat 2?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Undecided

27 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

AI and a physics tweak. Although I am cautiously optimistic pending that and what they may have done with career mode.

2. watsonz

watsonz #4TheCup

You have to at least give 704 Games credit for actually trying to add new features on their 2nd game, even if it doesn't live up to the hype. This is a huge jump from NH:E. We haven't had multiple series in a NASCAR game since 2008, which is sad.

3. RacerXero84

I'll concede that. This is a MAJOR jump from what we have (sadly) grown accustomed to in the past 5 years or so. If they get the handling model squared away (sounds like they might have from what has been posted) and don't take shortcuts in the delivery of the items mentioned, they may have themselves a home-run NASCAR game that should sell quite well, and could feasibly make the next iteration much more impressive because they will actually have the capital to get creative, which equates to more in-game content, better games (generally speaking), and more licensing.

IF they allow for race hosting (because leagues), that is going to draw a fair amount of disenfranchised iRacing people over who just want to race and have fun.

Again, cautiously optimistic, because the last 5+ years have been hard on those of us who endured Eutchnyx and NH:E.

BrendonH12 likes this.
  4. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Two more shots:
    IMG_6302.JPG IMG_6303.JPG

BrendonH12 likes this.
  5. Lookey2000

Lookey2000 Well-Known Member

I'm hyped.

3WideGuy likes this.
  6. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger. Banned

At this point, I'm willing to buy an Xbox One just to play this game lol.

I say Xbox because I already have an Xbox One controller lol

Elio Lugaru likes this.
  7. Elio Lugaru

Elio Lugaru NASCAR Furry

Well, I'm sold!
    If it has the Truck Series & Xfinity Series, i'm all for getting this!
    I was gonna skip out on it if nothing major changed. Getting the Trucks & Xfinity is major enough for me!

3WideGuy likes this.
  8. Matthew124

Matthew124 Well-Known Member Banned

Well played 704Games, well freaking played.

I kinda hope that you won't *have* to move up during career mode. You could be like Matt Crafton and just chill in the truck series, lol.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  9. RacerXero84

I'll second that. Move at your own pace would be nice.

10. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

By the sounds of it, you get offers based on your performance, which to me makes it sound like you can move at your own pace and basically be RHR and decline every offer given.

11. SpiderTre

SpiderTre #SHALIEVE

i'm still gonna wait on streams and reviews like i did with NHE but this is a very big step forward. i might actually get it

i see Harrison Rhodes in that last shot. gives me hope there might be an actual full field of real Xfinity cars rather than like 10 licensed cars and 20+ fictionals

DaveO likes this.
  12. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Early rumors were that it would be a 40 car NXS field and most of the truck field.

13. shaneshine23

shaneshine23 Amateur Tattoo Artist.

This is huge..

14. InsideLine

InsideLine Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!

Hopefully the added series will be in the game and not add-on content LOL

15. RacerXero84

It's in-game, not DLC. They already stated as much as it's needed for career mode. DLC will likely be paint schemes, challenges, etc., and, later in the lifespan, probably updated Chevy (whatever they run in Cup next year) model. Interesting to note, Brad's truck team is prepping the 2018 Ford F150 to hit the track. I wonder if that will be a free update given that it doesn't seem to have a lot of actual body changes yet. Either way, I'm good with it.

16. rwarchol

rwarchol Well-Known Member

I'll be cautiously optimistic about it. Let's not forget Monster has truck & dirt physics from D2D so it'll be interesting to see if those are recycled into this game or new ones are made. I do like how they're putting attention into bump/side drafting. I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.

17. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

18. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

Will need a minimum Metascore of 75 for me to consider purchasing. Forza and P:Cars have managed to capture the actual racing aspect much better than any NASCAR console game in the past decade. The lower tier series are a nice addition, but if they all end up driving the same, what will be the point?

19. rwarchol

rwarchol Well-Known Member

Since they said stages and stage points made it in the game, I wonder if the Duels at Daytona made it since it pays points.

20. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong

I would love to get this game just because of the news I saw today that all three series are actually going to be included in the game! But my TV is old and can't get a PS4 of XBOX1 so... maybe one day... :rolleyes: