1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by RacerXero84, Jun 25, 2018.

1. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Figure with the unveil date of July 7th only being 11 more days away, it was high time to create a thread for this.
    nascarheat3_logo.png
    What we know so far: Updated June 25th
    - All 3 series will be back
    - Will use the new Unity Engine, supporting day to night transitions, better graphics, etc.
    - A new series to Heat will be added (given that more tracks are being added even though all NASCAR tracks are already in NH2)
    - "More tracks will be added to this iteration than was added to NH2" - per Ed Martin
    - Dirt track at Charlotte confirmed
    - Career mode is getting the most attention

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  2. Brandon Thornton

Brandon Thornton Hero Card & Diecast Enthusiast

It will most likely be hyped to all hell, only failing to meet expectations once again.

Won't stop me from pre-ordering it again though.

mtblillie, GDP Racing and joeykraus19 like this.
  3. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Well-Known Member Banned

I'll wait to hear the feedback as usual, other than that likely a pass for me (again).

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  4. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

So third time is a charm? Skipped the first 2 and not holding out for this one either.

Tetronix likes this.
  5. RacerXero84

I don't know. I'm hopeful (as always). Ed was quoted as saying (referencing EA) how long it took them to really pump out the good Thunders, although he expects that they are going to hit that stride with the new Unity engine (which does seem pretty impressive).

I think make or break honestly is going to be the physics. No, it won't be a 'sim' (then again, neither is iRacing anymore either so.... yeah), but the way the vehicles feel needs improvement.
    Aside from that, it seems they are checking a lot of the boxes, at least in making the overall experience more deep.

InsideLine and joeykraus19 like this.
  6. MrDude68

MrDude68 Well-Known Member

Heat 2 is enjoyable when goofing around with friends, but playing solo pretty much sucks. One of the main issues is that the AI are far too easy to beat, even on the hardest difficulty. Hopefully that changes in Heat 3.

InsideLine and joeykraus19 like this.
  7. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

Yada, Yada,Yada As the Who once sang "we won't get fooled again!"

8. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Which engine did the other heats use? Or is this just an updated Unity engine they mean?

9. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

I'm very glad they realise they don't need to pump out games every year and don't need to rush. That's a great thing to hear. The cars in the past two just haven't been good. The most attention needed is the physics and I hope the new engine helps that out. Really all I want is a decent feeling, updated nascar game that works as it's supposed to (without 30 cars flipping everywhere, etc.), with racy AI and a decent career mode. That's all I ask.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  10. RacerXero84

Updated.

Mystical likes this.
  11. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Well-Known Member

Why preorder if you're expecting a subpar product? I've never understood this.

InsideLine and MrDude68 like this.
  12. RacerXero84

Probably the same reason I renewed my iRacing subscription the last year and a half, despite it doing nothing but getting worse.
    You HOPE it's good or is better.
    At this point, with iRacing taking the massive crap it has over the last year, I'm running out of options for NASCAR racing lol

joeykraus19 and ahspencer01 like this.
  13. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Well-Known Member

See, I've been on and off of iRacing the past year or so, so I haven't really noticed any degradation in it. Has it really gotten that much worse?

Also, with iRacing you're kinda stuck in it with the purchasing of tracks and cars, the subscription seems kind of minimal compared to the individual purchases lol.

Tetronix and joeykraus19 like this.
  14. RacerXero84

Tape glitches, camber glitches, weatherbox issues, and then of course the tire model itself has gotten all sorts of out of whack (this is primarily in the oval series), their servers have more netcode issues now than I ever remember seeing, all sorts of black flag rule issues.... but hey, they released the GRC series! I'm sure GRC support will be great for tha.... oh.... yeah, that's right, the GRC series in real life is defunct, and the GRC in-game is quite literally who can survive the first lap will likely win the race. Oh, and their GRC spokesman? Banned from the very service.

After investing probably $600-800 into it, I said screw it, let my subscription lapse (I still keep the content if I ever return) until such time as everything on that list is fixed. Tired of the business model of pushing out new content without really fixing and supporting the stuff they already have.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  15. David24

David24 Well-Known Member

For the record Scott Speed was on a temp ban and has now returned to the service

As for NH3, same crap different year.

16. Tanner Levasseur

Tanner Levasseur Well-Known Member Banned

Love the negativity here...God damn people can't just enjoy the fact Heat 2 was the best NASCAR game since 2008!?

17. InsideLine

InsideLine Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!

I hope with this new game engine the cars feel more like they're on the track rather than slot cars. This game has a lot of potential if and when they get it right. As usual I will wait to see after it's out. At least they're going in the right direction LOL. :)

18. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Well other than NHE it was also the only game since 2008.

19. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger. Banned

as bad as The Game: 2011 through '15: Victory Edition were, they would like to say "Hi"......

FIFY

20. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Fuck. And I actually enjoyed 2011 and Inside Line. Good job, me.