1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by RacerXero84, Jun 25, 2018.

1. watsonz

watsonz #4TheCup

joeykraus19 likes this.
  2. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Well-Known Member

The bit about "Stories - before the Green Flag waves, get live updates on your race. Watch as a driver gets sent to the back for a technical violation and get updates on who's having a good weekend" interests me. Gonna be interesting to see the levels of immersion and realism they can provide for career mode.

joeykraus19 and RacerXero84 like this.
  3. Racingfan83

Racingfan83 Well-Known Member

Annoying you have to start in dirt late models, I don't want to race dirt but whatever, probably not buying anyway.

4. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

Again trying to dazzle us with eye candy to distract us from crappy game play. I would give up dirt and career mode for decent AI and a spotter that doesn’t make your ears bleed. Code masters F1 games have the ability to talk to your race engineer via headset. Why can’t these jokers do something similar for their NASCAR games? Waiting for it to sell for 9.99 on eBay

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  5. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

This is like... the only reason to buy a console game nowadays...

6. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

A deeper career mode is eye candy? I think not.
    There has been nothing announced about AI thus far other than hints that it has also gotten some tweaks as well.

But hey, enjoy the wait. :rolleyes:

7. MrDude68

MrDude68 Well-Known Member

I don't understand the complaining over a late model series being added... I actually think that's really cool. The career mode so far looks good, the $50 coupon is an awesome idea, and I see GMS Racing isn't absent this time. If they can give us adequate AI and physics, this will be a sure sell for me.

8. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Some screen caps from the video (played it at .5 speed because these screens flash by)
    NH3-1.jpg

Looks like you can have multiple cars in your garage at once for your team. I wonder though, still, if you can hire additional drivers for the cars? Remains to be seen.

NH3-2.jpg

Very "Dirt to Daytona" menu layout for career, although this shows both facility (which I imagine there are upgrades for that), and "Teams" which I would venture to say is your gateway to individual car upgrades or viewing who you are racing for. Nice little detail having your career stats right there for quick viewing.

MrDude68 and joeykraus19 like this.
  9. CCM284

CCM284 Well-Known Member

I am pleasantly surprised. I really liked that they added a dirt series, however, I really do not like the fact they added a DIRT ROAD COURSE. I mean, ovals are fine, but seriously a road course? Even though most of the tracks are fictional, make the series realistic.

puckhogg11 and joeykraus19 like this.
  10. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

Probably gonna preorder tbh. Career mode looks fantastic.

11. NascarMan32

NascarMan32 Well-Known Moron

Are we going to be able to choose from more than four numbers?

12. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

I'm still not interested in this. Dirt mode and stuff like that doesn't impress me enough until they fix old sounds, some physics - but my biggest piss-off: not having Logitech G25 wheel support. Thank god I was able to get my money back on Steam, couldn't use my wheel at all.

13. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Well I give them props for at least not rehashing the same thing over and over each year and adding new stuff at least. I just hope this now extra layer of a racing series does not make it so things like AI did not get improved and other racing tweaks/fixes that should be done were cut due to development time left.

Tetronix and joeykraus19 like this.
  14. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

Betting there will be a patch out within 24 hours of its release

15. nj9703

As there is with every game nowadays?

16. nj9703

So on the side of the 98 dirt late model, the decals are the 8 dirt tracks in the game. With the menu above and the Fansided article, we now know...

Real:
    Bristol (dirt)
    Dirt track at Charlotte
    Las Vegas dirt track (top left decal)

Fictional:
    Richmond Raceway (dirt)
    Drebin
    >Road Course<

joeykraus19 likes this.
  17. Carl Robinson

Carl Robinson I'm just better than you.

Some of yall are real sticks in the mud, People need to except that NASCAR is a niche interest anyway when it comes to sports. The days of Big devs knocking down the licensing door are behind us. Honestly from what Ive seen and heard im all in. Ed Martin and Sean Wilson have been very transparent in the fact that with the budget they have their are some things they have to leave out while trying to improve on others.
    (for example, day to night transitions and damage online) it isnt ideal but no part of the sport is at the moment. At least they've made the commitment.

I am very excited for the new career mode and the new added features. Heat 2 was a step in the right direction but after a bit the play got shallow. The UI of the shop alone is fantastic for me it was a big reason I loved thunder 04 and Nascar 09.

18. Jonny683

Jonny683 Just a guy

As much as I like the fact they included Dirt, I was kinda hoping for Sprint Cars instead. And I would of like Modifieds as well. Be a Kyle Larson of a Ryan Preece

joeykraus19 likes this.
  19. No1JGfan

No1JGfan Well-Known Member

Super bummed it doesn't look like you'll be able to run Eldora in this series :\

joeykraus19 likes this.
  20. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong

I know I'm in the minority here, but if I had a next-gen console (which I'm hoping to get sometime soon...), I would totally buy this game, and all the other NASCAR games I haven't been able to get since the XBOX 360 was discontinued. I just like all NASCAR games; no matter how poor they are, I like them all. I will say, this one in particular looks promising, as far as career mode goes. I know the career mode in the first few of the NTG series was awful imo compared to previous EA games, so I'm excited to see, for now at least, what you guys think of the new game and career mode once the game comes out.