NASCAR Heat 3 Discussion

Darren Ingram

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score

Racingfan83

SRD Member
Reaction score
Annoying you have to start in dirt late models, I don't want to race dirt but whatever, probably not buying anyway.

ayrwolf

Where ever your're at, there you are
SRD Member
Reaction score
LINK TO PAGE WITH TRAILER

I'm sold. dirt late models? WAY deeper career mode with team management? I'm in. In nothing else than to support the devs. It's clear they added quite a bit, although I would like to see the full spectrum of the details.
Again trying to dazzle us with eye candy to distract us from crappy game play. I would give up dirt and career mode for decent AI and a spotter that doesn’t make your ears bleed. Code masters F1 games have the ability to talk to your race engineer via headset. Why can’t these jokers do something similar for their NASCAR games? Waiting for it to sell for 9.99 on eBay

Last edited:

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Again trying to dazzle us with eye candy to distract us from crappy game play. I would give up dirt and career mode for decent AI and a spotter that doesn’t make your ears bleed. Code masters F1 games have the ability to talk to your race engineer via headset. Why can’t these jokers do something similar for their NASCAR games? Waiting for it to sell for 9.99 on eBay
A deeper career mode is eye candy? I think not.
There has been nothing announced about AI thus far other than hints that it has also gotten some tweaks as well.

But hey, enjoy the wait. :rolleyes:

MrDude68

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the complaining over a late model series being added... I actually think that's really cool. The career mode so far looks good, the $50 coupon is an awesome idea, and I see GMS Racing isn't absent this time. If they can give us adequate AI and physics, this will be a sure sell for me.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Some screen caps from the video (played it at .5 speed because these screens flash by)
NH3-1.jpg

Looks like you can have multiple cars in your garage at once for your team. I wonder though, still, if you can hire additional drivers for the cars? Remains to be seen.

NH3-2.jpg

Very "Dirt to Daytona" menu layout for career, although this shows both facility (which I imagine there are upgrades for that), and "Teams" which I would venture to say is your gateway to individual car upgrades or viewing who you are racing for. Nice little detail having your career stats right there for quick viewing.

CCM284

SRD Member
Reaction score
I am pleasantly surprised. I really liked that they added a dirt series, however, I really do not like the fact they added a DIRT ROAD COURSE. I mean, ovals are fine, but seriously a road course? Even though most of the tracks are fictional, make the series realistic.

NascarMan32

Well-Known Moron
SRD Member
Reaction score
Are we going to be able to choose from more than four numbers?

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm still not interested in this. Dirt mode and stuff like that doesn't impress me enough until they fix old sounds, some physics - but my biggest piss-off: not having Logitech G25 wheel support. Thank god I was able to get my money back on Steam, couldn't use my wheel at all.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well I give them props for at least not rehashing the same thing over and over each year and adding new stuff at least. I just hope this now extra layer of a racing series does not make it so things like AI did not get improved and other racing tweaks/fixes that should be done were cut due to development time left.

ayrwolf

Where ever your're at, there you are
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well I give them props for at least not rehashing the same thing over and over each year and adding new stuff at least. I just hope this now extra layer of a racing series does not make it so things like AI did not get improved and other racing tweaks/fixes that should be done were cut due to development time left.
Betting there will be a patch out within 24 hours of its release

nj9703

Very Stable Genius
SRD Member
Reaction score
So on the side of the 98 dirt late model, the decals are the 8 dirt tracks in the game. With the menu above and the Fansided article, we now know...

Real:
Bristol (dirt)
Dirt track at Charlotte
Las Vegas dirt track (top left decal)

Fictional:
Richmond Raceway (dirt)
Drebin
>Road Course<

Carl Robinson

I'm just better than you.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Some of yall are real sticks in the mud, People need to except that NASCAR is a niche interest anyway when it comes to sports. The days of Big devs knocking down the licensing door are behind us. Honestly from what Ive seen and heard im all in. Ed Martin and Sean Wilson have been very transparent in the fact that with the budget they have their are some things they have to leave out while trying to improve on others.
(for example, day to night transitions and damage online) it isnt ideal but no part of the sport is at the moment. At least they've made the commitment.

I am very excited for the new career mode and the new added features. Heat 2 was a step in the right direction but after a bit the play got shallow. The UI of the shop alone is fantastic for me it was a big reason I loved thunder 04 and Nascar 09.

Jonny683

Just a guy
SRD Member
Reaction score
As much as I like the fact they included Dirt, I was kinda hoping for Sprint Cars instead. And I would of like Modifieds as well. Be a Kyle Larson of a Ryan Preece

No1JGfan

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Real:
Bristol (dirt)
Dirt track at Charlotte
Las Vegas dirt track (top left decal)

Fictional:
Richmond Raceway (dirt)
Drebin
>Road Course<
Super bummed it doesn't look like you'll be able to run Eldora in this series :\

BrendonH12

Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong
SRD Member
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority here, but if I had a next-gen console (which I'm hoping to get sometime soon...), I would totally buy this game, and all the other NASCAR games I haven't been able to get since the XBOX 360 was discontinued. I just like all NASCAR games; no matter how poor they are, I like them all. I will say, this one in particular looks promising, as far as career mode goes. I know the career mode in the first few of the NTG series was awful imo compared to previous EA games, so I'm excited to see, for now at least, what you guys think of the new game and career mode once the game comes out.