1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by RacerXero84, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

I have no idea if this is the case or not, but when Eutechnyx had the license, it wasn’t exclusive. Maybe this is the same kind of deal.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  2. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

3. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

4. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Somethings to note:
    - difficulty was obviously set low
    - the easy tweak setup thing is useful, and finally, when you're loose, you are ACTUALLY loose (although I think some driving aids were on, which just makes me even more hopeful)
    - graphics look cleaned up, although (at least in my case) I can see me forcing added stuff through my AMD panel to improve it more.
    - Spotter doesn't sound as obnoxious as it used to be
    - you can push people at plate races without the over sensitive smoke flying every time you touch em, which was a MAJOR downer in previous iterations.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  5. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

I still plan on deciding whether or not to buy until people have actually played the game. I have been burned once too often to jump in right away

MrDude68, InsideLine and EarnhardtFan like this.
  6. RacerXero84

One of those deals where I am getting it regardless. I ditched iRacing because of the glitches, exploits, and the absolutely asinine egos, not to mention constantly having to keep up with all the little changes meant working my ass off on setups, like a damn 9 to 5. So, I have, in my mind anyway, saved $100 this year. $50 towards this to me is reasonable.

If people want a review, I plan on doing it again this year. I don't hold punches with criticism either *looks at iRacing*

7. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

Is it really that bad? I was considering iRacing when the AI gets released.

8. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

The worst part of NH2 was how long things took to load. Even starting up the game on the Xbox One was painful. Hopefully they've fixed some of the rougher edges and nailed basics like that this time around.

9. RacerXero84

So many exploits, the tire model is royally jacked up, their dirt package is laughable (this coming from an actual dirt super late model driver I had test the game out). I mean, if you WANT to be a permanent beta tester for iRacing (because that really is what they are doing, just took me a while to figure that out), go ahead and cough up the $100/yr, plus varying prices on each piece of content. IMO, if you have nr2003, iRacing really isn't worth it if you are looking to drive with AI.

I didn't notice. I got it on PC, and between my 32GB DDR3 RAM, i7 4790K and my Samsung solid state, the game loaded pretty quick for me. Obviously, results may vary. But.... I did boot up the game on an Xbox One X at one point.... it was reasonably quick.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  10. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

Yuck. It probably comes as no surprise, but I'm a sucker for quality graphics. I'm tempted by iRacing only to see what their rendering engine can do :p

11. RacerXero84

Rendering is great. That's about their only real saving grace: the graphics and the handling model (not to be confused with the tire model). Outside of that.... get's old quick, and you can see a lot of the quirks from nr2003 still there. If you end up racing ovals, run a setup with MAX right front camber. Or else you will be 3/10 slower than just about everyone else from that alone.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  12. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

This seems like....a big deal. It would bother me for such glaring bugs to persist while they announce major new features.

13. RacerXero84

That's quite literally their MO for the past few years. All about content, broken/glitchy or not. The tire thing has been around for over a year, the tape glitch for 6 months. No fixes.

14. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Jeff Favigano visited 704 recently and has released a gameplay video.

Not gonna lie, from what is visible from the video, it’s looking like an incredible improvement.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  15. RacerXero84

I like the fact that you can actually lose the car from overly loose situations. Last year I'd have to rip it back and forth to lose the car, and sometimes not even then. Strikes me as that would make the driving a bit more interesting over last year.

Big fan of the replay thing. For leagues that like to post screen shots of the race, this is an invaluable tool to have coupled with a Bandicam or something along those lines. Would have been nice to have an integrated screen shot button, but that's not a huge deal for the PC users.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  16. RacerXero84

A long (1 hour 45 min) game play video by Jeff Favignano with a Q&A with Sean Wilson, lots of good information about what has changed/been tweaked and what they would like to see in the future.
    What I noticed was mentioned was the textures; while improved, the textures are only able to be 'true' 4K on the PC version (probably to keep load times down, which they look low as is on the Xbox 1 that Jeff is on) as well as the PC version having better drawing distances. as you will see with the consoles that there is a texture 'downgrade' - blurring - at certain distances, again, probably to improve draw distances, latency in online modes, and whatnot.

I'm only ~30 minutes into it myself at the moment, just figured I'd share this.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  17. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Does the Xbox One X at least have better performance? Would be a shame if they didn't optimize it to be and look better on the X.

18. RacerXero84

From what I heard from Sean Wilson, it will look better on the 4K enabled consoles over the standard HD definitions, but the PC will be the only one to get 'true' 4K textures.

19. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

How is it their 3rd game but they still haven't figured out something as simple as adding an onboard cam?

InsideLine likes this.
  20. Bitbreaker

Bitbreaker Well-Known Member

In about an hour into this video he crashed as 39th with Kyle Busch as 40th with 2 laps down...at the restart Kyle still is 2 laps down...so no lucky dog is included...

Also at the watkins glen it seems that the ai is completely packed together, no real gaps appears between the cars...