1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by RacerXero84, Jun 25, 2018.

1. ChadVSO

ChadVSO Well-Known Member

What about the system minimal requirements? Has 704Games said anything about it?

2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Straight from the Steam page for it:
    NH3 System Req.jpg

ChadVSO and joeykraus19 like this.
  3. joeykraus19

joeykraus19 Well-Known Member

Do you expect us to be able to import custom cars into the game?

4. RacerXero84

Importing cars is a solid no this year, Sean Wilson had mentioned he's looking at NH4 for that, because car importing and day-to-night transitions are at the very top of the want list. To not include it next iteration would simply be stupid business practice.....
    ***HOWEVER***.... there are groups that seem to be able to mess with the files of NH2 to essentially 'import' your own schemes on PC, and I have even seen them edit the driver roster to include GMS. So I would imagine we will likely see something similar. I can say that I will certainly be looking into it, because while they added schemes to the paint booth in-game, they are notoriously lackluster compared to what others are capable of.

joeykraus19, DaveO and BrendonH12 like this.
  5. RacerXero84

First impressions, been at it since 12:30 EST ON THE PC:
    Pros:
    - driving physics are much improved over NH2
    - AI is DEFINITELY improved and is now much more difficult on max than last year
    - feels really good with my G920, with a little setting tweaks
    - AI is relentless but smart, but if you screw up, they are all over you, don't bother trying to shut the door after a mistake, take the L and go back after it
    - you CAN dig into the grass spinning into at certain angles
    - You can spin the AI if you hit em hard enough without necessarily screwing yourself up, and they usually do a pretty realistic job of saving it
    - dirt is fun, drives different than the asphalt side of the game, so you know it's not just like we have on NR2K3 where they just tweaked some values
    - hit the throttle wrong coming out of a corner with a looser setup and you WILL pay for it and spin to the inside
    - tire management is most definitely a thing, took care of mine in a 4x wear, 13% race at atlanta and at the end of the run some guys were falling back and I was still going pretty strong
    - AI can randomly 'blow' a tire or have some major issue and will slow down, but not like they ripped on the brakes, so that's a nice little extra
    - don't think you will escape some crafty pit strategies on 105%, the AI will catch you sleeping and put you back 18+ spots on a stop. Think about what you are doing before pitting.

Neutral:
    - I like this Stable vs Loose easy setup deal, good for novices to get an idea about things, but a veteran will see areas where the setup could perform better easily; would have been nice to have an export for each variation so its easier to get close to what you want and tweak from there rather than have to build from the baseline
    - graphics are better this year than last, little bit cleaner, but it would have been nice to have some options on PC to really let us push some limits and let us take advantage of our rigs

Cons:
    - It's 2018, give me a draw distance setting on PC.... that blurry line in front of me on a clear track is friggin annoying and hurts the immersion value (unnoticeable with other cars in front though)
    - driving with a controller is a pain in the ass (disclosure: tried it AFTER running with my wheel), waaaay too twitchy, might mess with the settings some more and see if I cannot work that out of it.
    - AI is a bit weak on launches, using manual with a slightly looser setup and I can nab usually a spot or two before turn one every time, even on 105%

6. J.R.Franklin

J.R.Franklin Well-Known Member

Nice analysis, man. I haven't purchased Heat 3 as of yet, but your review has got me leaning a little more.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  7. Jakub Smetana

Jakub Smetana Well-Known Member

Guys, I have Thrustmaster TMX Pro Steering Wheel. Does anybody have some good settings for this or different wheel?

8. RacerXero84

Thanks! I dunno, I personally am having an absolute blast with it, there are some things that bug me, but it's not enough to override the overall enjoyment. Completely worth the $50 I spent on it. Now I hope someone can get into the carfiles and do some of that voodoo I saw for previous iterations... it would be cool to change out some dirt drivers with people I know that race the Carolina Clash series where I'm at.

I have a G920... I left all the settings alone minus some button mapping in-game, with 900 degree rotation, 25% centering spring strength through my Logitech Gaming Software, and I also turned the force feedback all the way up in-game, as it did feel watered down, and upping it really gives you a great feel for the car without being excessive or obnoxious.

joeykraus19 and Jakub Smetana like this.
  9. RacerXero84

So.... playing around in UABE 2.2 beta 4
    I do believe I have already located some MIP assets.... and here's the interesting thing: the resolution.... 4096x4096
    Looks like shared chassis assets and dirt overlays.....

joeykraus19 likes this.
  10. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

Finally cracked under pressure and bought it tonight, and I gotta say, it's pretty damn fun. Especially dirt. The most recent game I'd played before this was Nascar '15, so I have no clue what the past games have been like. But, physics wise, it's very arcade-like. If you want it to drive like an actual car, this isn't for you. It takes some getting used to. To me, the worst part is the sounds. They're really old and aren't very good. But that's not enough to make me hate it. Career mode is nice, having to actually work towards it is great, and the challenges are fun too. For me, it was almost impossible to get into the AI hard enough to wreck them. A couple times in dirt I full on sent it Bubba Wallace without brakes style cause my controller is shitty and would just absolutely destroy the AI's left rear, and they'd get a little sideways and just keep going. Also, until you get a speed rating at a track, it's stupidly easy. First race I did was 35 laps at Bristol as Logano of course, and I lapped the entire field twice, all but the top 7 or 8 three times. But, the AI seems smart in close quarters situations, however, I think they're a little too forgiving sometimes. And, at the same time, I haven't put a lot of time into it yet. Just about two and a half hours so far. The graphics aren't the best, but personally, I don't really care about the graphics as long it's not PS2 level graphics. Overall, I really like it and I'd say it's the best game since '06. Definitely worth my $50.

joeykraus19 and RacerXero84 like this.
  11. horseman89

horseman89 Well-Known Member

It seems that Monster Games needed 3 years to understand what NASCAR fans community at least really want to see there.... Xfinity, Truck series + dirt challenge in career mode are definitely good additions and step in right direction, but is it worth to throw away 50$? For me not... I've tried demo and it still to me it looks like arcade and not simulator, because under yellow you can't (at least I don't find where to turn off "autopilot") control your car and can sim to the end of yellow. This "feature" brings not much real feeling to me and looks like crappy arcade and not sim. Exactly the same crappy arcade yellow thing what was in NH first two releases what they did before.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  12. Bitbreaker

Bitbreaker Well-Known Member

I'll hope it will come to Germany too. Sounds interisting so far.

13. RacerXero84

We playing the same game? lol I've done had battles from hell on Legend/105% where they'd get into me to move me, and I've spun em in retaliation. I got the #36 in dirt at max rival and it just keeps going. I LOVE how they did the rival thing too; they don't just drive into you, but holy shit they make your life hard and god forbid they get behind you.... you getting moved.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  14. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong

I’ve got to get a next-gen console! This game sounds awesome!

15. RacerXero84

Steam, man. Love being able to increase the centering spring for that heavier car feel, it helps offset the arcade feel (which IS improved over NH2), plus, IMO, it ends up looking better than the console iteration.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  16. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

I've never made a rival, so I'm not sure how that all works yet. But it seems like I've just slammed their quarter panels to where they should just loop it, but they just get kinda sideways and keep going. But it is easier to lose control of your car which I really like, doesn't feel like I'm on rails like in the past games. I have still gotten them to spin a few times though by tail whipping them trying to do a slide job, but it happens less often than not.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  17. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

Still on the fence. Mixed reviews on other sites plus a $29.99 DLC on the first day is pushing toward not buying

18. RacerXero84

I see no reason to buy the DLC, it's all mostly paint schemes anyway (season pass). Watch those reviews too, there are a LOT of iRacing fanboys with zero hours logged spamming.

joeykraus19 and ahspencer01 like this.
  19. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

I've noticed most negative reviews are from sim racers expecting a sim racing game when that isn't what this is meant to be. If you want it to be a sim racer, you're going to hate it. If you expect it to be and accept it as an arcade game, you'll really like it.

20. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

I always check reviews from multiple sites whether I'm buying gaming or power tools for work Right now it is about 50-50 but nothing I've seen so far is going to make me rush out and buy it