8 - Roland Camaro - ATL Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Heat 3 Discussion

Harry Nurpplez

Making a comeback!
Reaction score
IRacing would obviously never allow anybody to make a true Nascar sim so I don't know why people still have such unrealistic expectations.

MrDude68

Reaction score
IRacing would obviously never allow anybody to make a true Nascar sim so I don't know why people still have such unrealistic expectations.
Why not? It can certainly be done without the NR2003/iRacing source code. Somebody could do it if they wanted to... But I agree that it probably won't happen anyway

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
Got a buddy who actually races dirt super late models down here, and with this setup (which is faster), he says it feels "real close to the 602 crate late models"... says it's also a helluva lot closer than iRacing's version, which "feels like ice".
It's a tweaked version from the one floating around on the net, as I found the originals gears to be quite crappy, but the Rear End Ratio will need to be tweaked for each track.
41501544_897265937151088_2932387602789040128_n.jpg

Brandon Thornton

Hero Card & Diecast Enthusiast
Reaction score
Monster really knocked it out of the park this year with the fantastic dirt racing and improved career mode. The game's still not perfect, there's still a lot of things to fix and clean up. But this is the first NASCAR game in a while that I feel like I've gotten my money's worth.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
50 hours in, and especially watching the races, the team did good..... also, retweet from Jim Utter of Motorsport.com
Screenshot_20180921-213414_Twitter.jpg

Mystical

Always 110%
Reaction score
I may have to give NH3 a chance, sounds like its not the worst thing in the world after the last 2 attempts. Maybe when winter gets here and a sale comes I will get it possibly.

David24

Reaction score
Utter was probably paid or told to retweet/like posts praising NH3

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
Utter was probably paid or told to retweet/like posts praising NH3
Could very well be. Still cool to have, like Mark Martin or Hendrick liking/retweeting. Doesn't happen often for me, so it's pretty cool when it does.
Plus there has to be a counter-promotion to offset the iRacing fanboys making poor reviews (many with less than a 10th of an hour on record). They seem to be genuinely upset that people could actually LIKE something that's isn't made by their god-king devs over at iRacing. And having raced both quite extensively... what you see on the track and what you feel in the game IS closer to Heat 3 with a decent setup than iRacing with ANY setup lol

Last edited:

GambitJon

#VeganRush
Reaction score
iRacing devs suck they are unable to update their visual tracks and their tire is straight trash. Honestly NASCAR 15 has a better tire. This is coming from a person with over 200 races this year alone in iracing

The_Dolfan

#Chasing8
Reaction score
NHE 3 is on sale for $20 on the PS Store until 11/27. Not sure about XBOX. Might have to pick it up for the hell of it.

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have 2 codes that I got as a promo for X1 or PS4. Your choice. $20 each paypal F&F.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
Know a guy who scoffed at that (he's turning into a complete iRacing shill).
I think it's cool, but I also am quite annoyed that this doesn't include PC drivers.

Jonny683

Just a guy
Reaction score
I joined it. Was 120th fastest at Daytona for a brief time. It really helps if you don't wreck or get wrecked as it takes your total race time, not lap times, into account

ayrwolf

Where ever your're at, there you are
Reaction score
2019 DLC update drops Tues the 12th. $9.99

Jonny683

Just a guy
Reaction score
Won my first 2 online races recently, won at Charlotte Roval and survived a wreck fueled online race at Texas.