1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 4

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by RacerXero84, Jul 6, 2019.

?

Buying into Heat this year?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    38.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. Not Sure...

24 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Well.... it's that time of year again. After a major contribution from Motorsport.com, and a fairly successful Heat 3 (for what can be considered to be an indie developer), Heat 4 was officially announced today, with Harvick as your cover driver, with an overall focus on SHR.

65886747_1182156375291332_5472686868032126976_n.png

(Initial details are from Best Buys website):

Compete across 38 tracks as you race for the championship in NASCAR Heat 4 Gold Edition for PlayStation 4. The updated interface lets you feel the action as a career driver against more than 150 official teams, while the included 2019 Season Pass DLC provides exclusive content. Preorder NASCAR Heat 4 Gold Edition for a real tournament ticket, and the included steelbook features a sleek Jeff Gordon design. (Gordon spotter as well?)

Pre-order NASCAR Heat 4 for exclusive access to the night version of Martinsville Speedway

NASCAR Heat 4 Gold Edition includes: full game, 2019 Season Pass, and Jeff Gordon steelbook

Career mode enhancements, updated visuals, and new engine audio

New features - Track Map, Unlockable Paint Schemes, Control Options, Enhanced Career Mode

Team up and draft with other drivers

Multiple racing lines and new controls for skill range, stability, spread, and mechanical failures

NASCAR e-sports - NASCAR Heat 4 is the only way to qualify for the eNASCAR Heat Pro League where you can race for a real NASCAR race team

Compete across 38 tracks against 150+ official NASCAR teams and drivers as you race for the championship

For one player and multiplayer support

Details are still scarce, and this thread will be updated with information as time goes on.

CONFIRMED:
    - looser car feel/new tire model(s)
    - Dirt series returns headed up by Tony Stewart
    - setups are going to make a larger difference

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  2. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

Hillary Clinton winning the 2020 election is more likely than this game being good.

3. Ryan81398

Ryan81398 93 Wins

I wasn't going to buy it but I can't pass up the Gordon Steelbook and car to race with. Still get the $50 coupon so it's not a full loss anyway.

4. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Considering getting that as well. Wanna wait for more details first though...

5. TheSpeedanator

TheSpeedanator Graphic Designer || EGI Partner

What is the steelbook?

Riley Maddox likes this.
  6. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

It's a special cover that's made of metal and has an alternate cover. Usually they're on collector's editions of movies.

7. TheSpeedanator

TheSpeedanator Graphic Designer || EGI Partner

So its just a different video game cover?

8. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Yup. Just a collector's edition basically.

9. Ryan81398

Ryan81398 93 Wins

Basically, they're special cases for movies/games that are metal instead of plastic, like this.

[​IMG]

joeykraus19 and Riley Maddox like this.
  10. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Oh boy here we go again. I've skipped the last 3 heat games in hopes it would finally live up to even a fraction of NR2003. I'm still not getting my hopes up. If by Heat 4 they still cannot let you drive manually down pit road for example there is no hope at this point.

11. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

TBF, the Codemaster's F1 series are phenomenal games but they don't allow manual Pit Road driving.

12. RacerXero84

Word is the Dirt series will return, headed up by none other than Tony Stewart. Once I get something more than a Polygon article confirming this, I will update the OP.

But IMO the dirt part was the most fun part of Heat 3, and hearing it will return is cool.

EDIT: UPDATED OP WITH 'CONFIRMED' SECTION

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    joeykraus19 likes this.
  13. KodaTheWolf

KodaTheWolf Lover of Paint Schemes

I'm probably gonna buy Wreckfest over Heat 4. I can't take the game that seriously with them still using the Unity engine for them

14. dacinch8

dacinch8 Striving on Sweet Iced Tea

NASCAR Heat 4: "Same as the last one but with MOTION BLUR"

Skyline and Tetronix like this.
  15. CCM284

CCM284 Active Member

As long as they are using the Unity engine, count me out. It's probably going to be just like the other games except having updated rosters and paint schemes. Personally, I would rather wait for a game that actually has a good physics engine and not some arcade engine. I've got nr2003 and iracing to pass the time.

InsideLine likes this.
  16. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Yeah, as always, the physics and AI are going to matter. If they can't get that right, I won't be buying.

17. RacerXero84

Unity put out a newer engine. And a lot of people were quite impressed with the potential of the newer version (all assets as usual can be transferred over to the newer build, which is what they did)

I know they have redone the tire extensively, as this seems to be talked about in comparison to 3 (car acting 'odd' instead of being loose, setups not loosening the chassis properly). What people forget is this is an indie development team, without the legal and financial/development resources of say, EA. Not trying to make excuses, but all things considered, I'm impressed that they've managed to come this far this fast given the constraints and how time consuming/costly it is to make a game for a niche market, make it look as good as it does, and drive like it does. Let's be honest, we all know if Codemasters got their hands on the title, it'd be hands done one of the best console-to-PC NASCAR ports. Because they are a MUCH larger entity that deals almost exclusively with racing.

So we will see. As always, I'll likely be doing a Day 1 review of it (because I believe giving people a fair shake), but, as like last year, if something's jacked up, I'll put it out on blast.

18. casssp

casssp Well-Known Member

Nascar Heat 3 is a good game. There need a few tweaks here and there, but it's a cool game, I even did a review at the time of the release release.

Despite wanting some rival for the NR2003, I find this will very difficult because of the consoles audience.

My only wish for this game are classic cars and drivers. Dude, Fifa has its classic mode, Fight Night has, Motogp, F1, NBA2K, they all have. Why not be able to run Hudsons vs Superbird vs Montego vs Thunderbird vs Lumina vs whatever together?

theusar and joeykraus19 like this.
  19. RacerXero84

The only way we will ever get a 'rival' to nr2003 is:
    1) iRacing to fail. A lot of racers are tied up in their now perpetually flawed design, and many feel they have invested too much to walk away (like I felt, but enough was enough)
    2) A dev team to start like Papyrus did; on PC.

I don't see that happening. Which means the PC community is stuck with console bases ported over to PC, iRipoff, and old reliable NR2003. Does that mean we can't enjoy Heat for what it's worth?

What if I told you that you can enjoy Heat AND Nr2003 for what each brings to the table? lol

casssp, Mystical, InsideLine and 3 others like this.
  20. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Well I'm not saying I get no enjoyment at all from playing the recent Heat games, but they're not worth spending money on imo. I just play them once in a while with my friend at his house after he inevitably buys them lol