1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Heat 4

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by RacerXero84, Jul 6, 2019.

?

Buying into Heat this year?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    38.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. Not Sure...

24 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Per Sean Wilson, controlling the car on pit road and under caution is evidently on their radar, but not a priority (this has to be the 10th+ time he has answered this question lol):
    cautioncontrol1.jpg

Also, drivers names will now appear on the car in the appropriate locations (instead of keeping the original driver name).

D0rant and joeykraus19 like this.
  2. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

I wish they would too, but many racing arcade games either don't have this view or have it from the hood rather than the roof.

3. andy88

andy88 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the Heat 4 Xfinity Series will have both the Camry and Supra?

4. RacerXero84

Yes.

andy88 and mtblillie like this.
  5. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

704 does a great job modeling the cars. The reflections and lighting look great. And the improvements to the general environments (skies, fencing, asphalt) are wonderful. I definitely appreciate the work they're putting into this game. For a more arcade experience, I feel like it's an easy purchase.

The improvements I would make are more to the fit and finish of the overall game itself and how it presents. For Heat 2, the music and slow loading times made the series feel less professional than something like a Forza. Different audiences, yes, but that's my only real complaint. I want the rest of the experience to feel as delightful as the graphical improvements.

Tetronix, joeykraus19 and mtblillie like this.
  6. RacerXero84

The music is tolerable (although I do turn it off after a while), but as for loading times, I dont know what your talking about... maybe on console its slow, but Heat 3 races loaded faster than Forza 7/Horizon 3 events for me on PC.

7. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

I'm talking about Xbox One.

8. RacerXero84

Oh god.... yeah no.... I recently sold my Xbox One X because the load times for just about everything were terrible.

9. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

It's become a running joke with friends about how bad the experience on Xbox can be. Typically we get ready to play only to have one or more of us have to wait 20 minutes for an update. Or our consoles are unresponsive (UI or network) forcing one of us to reboot. It's incredible really.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  10. RacerXero84

Oh I believe it. One would think with all the supposed power this latest iteration of consoles have (Pro/One X), the load times and stability wouldn't be an issue. But I got so bad that even my old 4790K based PC was stomping both of them in a big way. So I opted to sell my One X, and used the balance to get my kids a Wii U and a bunch of games/controllers lol

I'll likely never go back to consoles, especially with cross play becoming a bigger thing as time progresses. I don't travel much, so having a full ATX tower isn't an issue... although if I did (and I have), I usually place it in a suitcase and carry a monitor and peripherals in a bag :p

joeykraus19 likes this.
  11. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

That's funny, I love my Xbox one. The wait times aren't really that bad and most of the time that I have a glitch has more to do with a buggy game than the console. Though I do have issues with the system overheating and shutting the game down at times.

As for heat 4, I caved, pre-ordered it last night. My thing is I don't really get to play Nr2003 that much anymore, and it is a lot of work to keep it updated and I just don't have the time to keep updating, racing, and painting all the time.

12. RacerXero84

Yup. That's where I've landed. I use nr2003 for racing against cars representing people I know on fun tracks/historicals. I'll be using Heat 4 for the 'real' roster racing and whatnot.

mtblillie likes this.
  13. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

A bit of a sneak peak at the Sonoma 2019 version in the game :) looks pretty darn cool IMO

14. RacerXero84

Millad Radman (someone who does both NH3 and iRacing, and is a pretty decent racer in his own right) got his hands on Heat 4 and put it through the paces at Daytona:

D0rant and DaleTona75 like this.
  15. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

Every video of Heat 4 makes me want it more and more. I was a little confused watching him select Gordon’s car and there were two selections available, one age restricted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I finally realized they added the Coors Light Pole onto it. Also kinda interested me that the photoshopped the Sprint Cup logo off his uniform yet put it on the car anyway. Either way, cool to have a historical driver added in. Hopefully we see more in a future update, or more likely DLC.

joeykraus19, D0rant and DaleTona75 like this.
  16. RacerXero84

Jeff runs Xfinity at Iowa, Trucks at Eldora, and dirt late models at Texas (dirt).

What I am seeing is wheel input/throttle input counting for more than it has in a NASCAR game in a long time, which, for people like me who don't do iRacing anymore (expensive, time consuming, setups break every 4-6 months at least), looking for a modern NASCAR racing iteration, looks to be hitting the nail on the head. With the varying options of difficulty and control, this seems to be courting casuals as well as seasoned drivers. At the absolute minimum, it looks like a helluva lot of fun.

joeykraus19 and DaleTona75 like this.
  17. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 The Punslinger

I agree with everything you said. For the first time in ages I am actually hyped for a new NASCAR release, which I have not been since NASCAR 09. I have all the previous iterations, but I don't play them very much, but this, THIS is worth sinking my teeth into.

18. RacerXero84

For me it was:
    NASCAR 2011 -> "oh hey NASCAR is back since N09! Lemme check it out", throws it in trash a few weeks later (I actually grabbed the midnight release....)
    NASCAR 12-15 -> 'Eutechnyx needs to not make games', tried each, never actually bought a copy
    Heat Evolution -> interested, then disappointed (NASCAR 15 rehash essentially)
    Heat 2 -> Cautiously optimistic, didn't hold my interest (making progress)
    Heat 3 -> mild hype, impressed but wanting more (was fun with my wheel though)
    Heat 4 -> approaching Thunder level hype, will see how she shakes down in about 2 weeks.

All during this time I stayed with NR2003 for my core fix, although lately I've burnt myself out painting cars.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  19. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

See I don’t know what it was but I loved 2011 and Inside Line, but I also was relatively young then, so that could’ve played into it.
    None of the Heat games have gathered any more interest out of me than watching YouTube videos though, but Heat 4 is the first that I’m seriously considering buying.

Tetronix, joeykraus19 and ahspencer01 like this.
  20. RacerXero84

I've been at this NASCAR game thing since NASCAR 98 (the paintball thing was fun for me as a kid), and I was a devoted player through 99 all the way into NASCAR 09, including NASCAR Racing 2, 3, Legends, 2002, and of course 2003, even dabbling for about 4 years into iRacing.

Heck I remember taking a literal stack of 3.5" floppies into school, and rushing to computer class so I could spend 5-10 minutes every day looking at new NASCAR 3 cars to download and bring home and play with lol.

NASCAR is where my racing heart lies (whether the sport itself is doing well, or crashing, or the President of NASCAR is high/drunk). So I always, every year, hope that whoever does up a game, brings their best to the table. Although I learned from 98-09 that good games take time and practice, meaning perhaps suffering through some not so great titles (except Eutechnyx, I refused) so that, eventually, the company gets it right. What is heartening is it really does seem like Sean Wilson and Co. are actually listening to fans and trying to implement what they are asking for within a realistic development cycle and within the confines of the legal agreements with NASCAR, track owners, and teams.

Tetronix, joeykraus19 and theusar like this.