Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
If I buy the game (i.e. the game data) and it has the DLC data within the files they gave me then that's a clear entitlement to me owning it, but as @mtblillie says that's on the platform and game provider not the developer. One is basically screwing the other. Picking apart the game files though is something I'd suggest keeping underwraps. I'd also say that in Heat its about as easy as NR2003 modding. This is just my opinion. I personally don't care for DLC in any game as usually it isn't something that prolongs my enthusiasm for the game.
You should really read the user agreements. You don't own as much as you think you do.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
You should really read the user agreements. You don't own as much as you think you do.
It would blow their minds if they knew the 300-500 bucks they blew on a console amounts to a lease agreement, in which you have NO ownership rights to the console whatsoever lol

Swagger Racing 26

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Visually, not bad.
that's what all trailers of every games are until the game drops lol

anyway it's the same as expected thats just like NASCAR '14 and NASCAR '15 with new paint schemes...
I hope they fixed the physics a bit especially the clunky braking at short tracks and road courses
that's the only big problem I had with Heat 4 otherwise it's a fun game

casssp

SRD Member
Reaction score
that's what all trailers of every games are until the game drops lol
Really, I have to agree!

anyway it's the same as expected thats just like NASCAR '14 and NASCAR '15 with new paint schemes...
Really, I have to agree x2

The 3 and 4 are not bad, especially the 4 that you can have a lot of fun with! But one thing that bothers me is the physics in accidents, I would like them to be more natural as they were in Heat 2002 PS2 / PC and NR2003 itself. Not to mention damage, yellow flags, etc etc etc

ayrwolf

Where ever your're at, there you are
SRD Member
Reaction score
Just pre-ordered. No longer have a computer.

Gwen Cole

93 Wins
SRD Member
Reaction score
So this game comes out in less than a month and we know almost nothing about it. Yikes. I know there are all the things to consider like a new developer and everything, but at this point I feel like it's pretty safe to say that this is just going to be what the 2020 update to NH4 should've been. I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't have much faith in it at this point.

I'm not even sure if we still get that $50 voucher this year.

Lap_Down

SRD Member
Reaction score
It kinda bugs me that the Gold Edition for Heat 4 only had one Jeff Gordon scheme, but Heat 5's Gold Edition comes with 3 Tony Stewart cars.

D0rant

SRD Member
Reaction score
It's the 5th game... can we PLEASE at least get a roof/onboard camera finally?
s1_1.jpg

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Diggin that new cam, and the season customization options (and the paint booth tweaks, given that we won't likely see a 'real' paint booth for some time).... but this tells me very little about the game.

Career? What changes were made?
Damage & DNFs? How do they work? Are they implemented online? Is it an option that can be toggled? What role (if any) does it play on career mode team ownership?

Online race weekend options? Lobby control?
How about the physics tweaks the company mentioned? What are they? How do they affect the racing and tire system?

We are, what? 2 weeks short of launch? and I know next to nothing about this game. Granted, still going to buy it because other options aside from nr2003 are lacking, but this isn't giving me a warm fuzzy at all.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Diggin that new cam, and the season customization options (and the paint booth tweaks, given that we won't likely see a 'real' paint booth for some time).... but this tells me very little about the game.

Career? What changes were made?
Damage & DNFs? How do they work? Are they implemented online? Is it an option that can be toggled? What role (if any) does it play on career mode team ownership?

Online race weekend options? Lobby control?
How about the physics tweaks the company mentioned? What are they? How do they affect the racing and tire system?

We are, what? 2 weeks short of launch? and I know next to nothing about this game. Granted, still going to buy it because other options aside from nr2003 are lacking, but this isn't giving me a warm fuzzy at all.
I seem to remember them being like this with NH4, but I could be wrong

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember them being like this with NH4, but I could be wrong
Heat 4 didn't get the direct marketing, instead they relied on content creators, who got the game in advance, to market it for them, and they did an admirable job of it.

So far there's ONE person with it making a video about it, and it's a short video at that.

With both Heat 3 and 4, there were a couple different people with something like 1-2 hour full test breakdowns lol

casssp

SRD Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I saw Talladega video. Looking good, even though it is almost the same game. It is always good to have more options, although I think the game should have more support after launch, rather than just paint schemes.

But man... Look at this physics, look at this car flying overturning, falling and everything is fine at 14:45 :/

As for DNF, it will only be in career mode :(

Last edited:

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I saw Talladega video. Looking good, even though it is almost the same game. It is always good to have more options, although I think the game should have more support after launch, rather than just paint schemes.

But man... Look at this physics, look at this car flying overturning, falling and everything is fine at 14:45 :/

As for DNF, it will only be in career mode :(
Where was that said? Source?

JNieder51188

SRD Member
Reaction score
Two things that just absolutely terrify me about the future of this game.

1. What in the hell kind of title screen is this. It looks cheap.
2.png

2. What half-assed effort is this for a "Features" trailer less than 3 weeks from the release. I get that they're trying to add more schemes/cars within the limited licensing but wow.
1.png

JNieder51188

SRD Member
Reaction score
Is.... is that a Toyota flat on a Mustang model....?
Yes. Its on their YouTube channel for "Features and Exclusive Schemes Reveals". I don't want to crap on someone's work but with that effort I will. That's not going to entice me at all to spend $50. I'm also not sure if they updated the Xfinity/Cup Mustang model. The only redeeming factor is the KB Twix car and the CE Hooters truck.