Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR In GT5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

SRD Member
Reaction score
I was lloking at the E3 trailer from 2009 for GT5, and I noticed Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota's in the trailer (The 55 and 00). I wonder... more toyota's possibly to be announced? Seems unlikely Polyphony woyld pay for the license and then not use their cars...

ongias25

SRD Member
Reaction score
yea but no 43 car grid,no spotter,no control of car on pit road,not all of the tracks to run season mode,etc. Too bad.

Brandon Howe

Track Creator at NR Track Designs
SRD Member
Reaction score
yea but no 43 car grid,no spotter,no control of car on pit road,not all of the tracks to run season mode,etc. Too bad.
Please don't bump, this thread is 3 months dead, no need to revive it. Not trying to be mean, but I've seen people get banned for bumping.

racer08

SRD Member
Reaction score
Is anybody having problems with the online part of gt5? It made me restart my ps3!

JRRacing64

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Is anybody having problems with the online part of gt5? It made me restart my ps3!
I've been hearing the server has been overloaded with people since the launch which has caused problems with the Online Multiplayer and the game it self. It might be a while before the extra traffic dies down.

Josh Mertz

#JB17
SRD Member
Reaction score
The NASCAR part was just to sell more copies. Never meant to be a strictly NASCAR game.

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they sent a note out saying that the servers are congested. Read the notes on the GT5 homepage.

Fernando

SRD Member
Reaction score
NASCAR at the Nurburgring, with rain, night, comfort hard tires, no aids and (obviously) no headlights = the most extreme challenge anyone can dare to do?

I wonder why no Dodges were added to the NASCAR portfolio

NukaColaV13

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
NASCAR at the Nurburgring, with rain, night, comfort hard tires, no aids and (obviously) no headlights = the most extreme challenge anyone can dare to do?

I wonder why no Dodges were added to the NASCAR portfolio
If I had GT5, I would do that.

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
1. cant drive from the cockpit in every car (NFS Shift did that better)
2. Rather then making a 16 or 20 car field for nascar you end up racing 2 of some people. (Dumb)
3. Long a$$ load time. And I mean longgggg (like and hour and half with the required download update)

Several other little things you will notice. Its fun with the wheel, but over all I just feel like it should have been much better.

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Go to options and then scroll down to file system and install the rest of the files. Should help with loading time.

More premium cars are on the way.

As for racing the same cars in Nascar, that's more of the sponsor then the makers. There is some word that more Nascars are coming.

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I did the content install. I am talking about the intial load. That took way to long in my mind. For the amount of data installed i would expect it to be more seemless like with Oblivion. It has a 4 or 5 gig world install and there are no load times at all unless you do fast travels. and that covers 16 square miles of real world being loaded.

I like the GT challenges. Having fun so far. Just the amount of time spent on it, i expected more tracks and cars for each type of racing they have in game. You can do alot with 50 gb of data. I feel like that they didnt properly use the space available to them.

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
Anybody got the F1 car or X1? If so could you please send it to me? please! PSN Speed_Energy
I'll take any cars with race modifications as well please. Thank you so much if you do this

evan07

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Just got the game. Wasnt expecting it to blow me away on the NASCAR side (which it didnt). However it wasnt bad at all I think its better than any EA Sports NASCAR game for PS3. The graphics look great! I think a few more NASCAR cars added to the game so you dont have to race 2 Jeff Gordons would be nice. The rally and kart races are great too. Good stuff so far.

Fernando

SRD Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they will someday add Nationwide cars and CWS trucks to the game. Also the game lacks a Bristol-style oval and a one-mile oval. I wonder why Infineon Raceway was scrapped. Watkins Glen would be a very good addition also.

dalejrgamer

$9.99/mo
SRD Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they will someday add Nationwide cars and CWS trucks to the game. Also the game lacks a Bristol-style oval and a one-mile oval. I wonder why Infineon Raceway was scrapped. Watkins Glen would be a very good addition also.
You're in for a huge disappointment: I heard nothing from PD that they'll add that feature. GT5 isn't really a NASCAR game, anyway, so don't expect anything from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.