Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR In GT5

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan07

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
did some online play last night it was pretty cool raced against 14 other cars and got 7th wasnt too impressive, but not that bad.

celticfang

Waffle addict
SRD Member
Reaction score
IMO the NASCAR part feels very underwhelming and like a last minute addition.

Yes PD can't get every license, but IMHO it's a cop out to put 2 of the same cars in, then go 'Oh you can race NASCAR', when what they mean is 'You can race a small bit of NASCAR'

darth_decar

SRD Member
Reaction score
GT5

This for me was a great Gran Turismo; until I get a wheel that works for the PS3, the driving aids included in the game allow me to do a decent job of driving, something I couldn't say for the older ones. I was a little disipointed at how few NASCAR rides are in the game (and the fact that they repeat themselves), but I believe more will be added later.

The thing about the NASCAR representation that irritates me is that there are no restricter plates for Daytona, though I will say that the drafting model makes it fun and yet difficult to try and win at this track. I'm still trying to win the big Daytona race at the highest level of A-spec racing in career mode. The closest I came was a photo finish where I came in second (perhaps I include the photo I took at a later date).

Anyone else having this same difficulty? Maybe I just need a decent wheel (I've got my eye on a Logitech G27; perhaps order it this week).

K.Chuck

--Hijinxtattoo--
SRD Member
Reaction score
Its timing. You have to make your move out of turn four then block like hell. If you play online it will really help you to learn when to break the draft and try the pass. I had at least fifteen second place finishs before i got the win.

Numbers

SRD Member
Reaction score
This for me was a great Gran Turismo; until I get a wheel that works for the PS3, the driving aids included in the game allow me to do a decent job of driving, something I couldn't say for the older ones. I was a little disipointed at how few NASCAR rides are in the game (and the fact that they repeat themselves), but I believe more will be added later.

The thing about the NASCAR representation that irritates me is that there are no restricter plates for Daytona, though I will say that the drafting model makes it fun and yet difficult to try and win at this track. I'm still trying to win the big Daytona race at the highest level of A-spec racing in career mode. The closest I came was a photo finish where I came in second (perhaps I include the photo I took at a later date).

Anyone else having this same difficulty? Maybe I just need a decent wheel (I've got my eye on a Logitech G27; perhaps order it this week).
i have a DFGT and it works fine. i just wish there was a way to map reverse to the shifter.

but besides the non plate at daytona. any one else feel like the cars feel a little too light?

darth_decar

SRD Member
Reaction score
GT5

A wheel would be so much better than an analogue controller (I just keep bleeding off too much speed exiting the corners). I have been working on timing, but have not yet found that sweet spot. The closest I came was when I was sitting the top 5 and barreled off into turn 3, then trying to pass the final car coming to the finish. It almost worked. Since then I have tried leading the final and, since I keep losing momentum off turn 4 I find the whole field is trying to pass me (their everywhere! Ahhhh!) Sooner or later I'll figure out to block 'em in like hijinxtattoo said.

Numbers

SRD Member
Reaction score
A wheel would be so much better than an analogue controller (I just keep bleeding off too much speed exiting the corners). I have been working on timing, but have not yet found that sweet spot. The closest I came was when I was sitting the top 5 and barreled off into turn 3, then trying to pass the final car coming to the finish. It almost worked. Since then I have tried leading the final and, since I keep losing momentum off turn 4 I find the whole field is trying to pass me (their everywhere! Ahhhh!) Sooner or later I'll figure out to block 'em in like hijinxtattoo said.
yeah even with the wheel the only way to win at indy is to block the final charge on the last lap.

Jonny683

Just a guy
SRD Member
Reaction score
I just raced the NASCAR Challenge in the Career mode...

Its 12 cars on 5 tracks. I raced as Denny Hamlin, and Saw a 2nd Denny in track.

Lacking cars. I wish there were a few fictional cars to fill out the grid. A #5 GT5 car would of been nice...

More ovals would be nice. Only comes with Daytona and Indy. A night Daytona would have been great, even for the infeild RC.

Add a few Dodges. Please...like 1 or 2 Dodges, even if there fictional!

Over all, I think the NASCAR portion of GT5 kinda sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.