5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

artofspeed

Star Fox cosplayer and fan of Cheezits
SRD Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised. Remember when he said he was going to wreck Brad at Homestead years back at Phoenix in the Nationwide race, and then he actually did so. Even the announcers could see he was going after him to wreck him during the race. Plus Denny has been hypocritical at times. Such as the 2017 incident when he wrecked Chase, and tried to say it was the end of the race, going for the win, and that anyone would have done it, but a year later in that same race, he bad mouthed Joey for just bumping Truex out of the way for the win. Is Lajoie totally innocent, probably not, but I also can't imagine him doing too much since he thinks he has a chance to drive the 48 car, and he doesn't seem like he'd be stupid enough to throw that away for a war of words that everyone can see.

artofspeed

SRD Member
Reaction score
Color me shocked that people are realizing that JGR drivers are pricks...
Oh, I knew for a long time. Granted Tony was just, well, Tony, but I always felt when Kyle got there, the team just became pricks. I'd say Eric, Suarez, and maybe Bell have been late exceptions, but even Matt was like that at times. That and I will admit I have some family insider info that Denny is a bit of a prick off the track as well, learned from dealing with him while working on his Porsche.

artofspeed

SRD Member
Reaction score
What's LaJoie's beef with Hamlin?
If I remember correctly, according to LaJoie, Denny called him out on twitter during the Covid break while they were doing the iRacing stuff. What was said, I don't know , but from the sounds of it, it was a jab at Lajoie's racing skills. I feel like in a way it might have been similar to when Kyle cried last year because he couldn't go around a lap car and ran in the back of him, then proceed to complain about late model guys in cup cars. Anyway, Lajoie responded by hopping on iRacing for the Dega race, and he beat Denny, although we are talking Dega so 'beating' someone needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Apparently more words were said, with Lajoie simply asking, according to him, if they could swap cars. Denny apparently took this as it isn't the driver that is being successful and got offended. So it's been back and forth, and the video @MillsLayne posted kind of gives a sum up, though from Lajoie's point of view, of what went down between the two, leading up to Lajoie beating Denny not only a driver's track like Martinsville, but Denny's favorite track, Lajoie getting some slight jab at doing so, and apparently Denny tweeting and messaging him and his team about deliberately wrecking his car at Homestead.

Like I said though, this is mainly from Lajoie's telling in the video, as well as what he said during his interview during the rain delay at Homestead, and there's probably more on twitter that I'm missing. And the fans are on Lajoie's side, although I feel some of this is people like Chase fans still hating him after the '17 Martinsville incident. But we'll see what happens with this. Apparently they hashed it out verbally and that's it, but I know how Denny is, and would not be surprised if he decides to continue being a dick with it. And as a Logano fan, I know full well what happens when your driver is being a dick to someone and they snap.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Lajoie sent out an apology this morning, but still stands by what he said. Denny has been silent, so far. If everything is true, why the hell is Lajoie having to apologize (I mean, I get it, he needs to act on the straight and narrow to move up, hopefully) and Dennis can act however, especially if the threats were true?

oddball

SRD Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a couple of butt-hurt drivers over a video game. Why do people feel the need to argue over twitter? It makes you look like a 3 year old.

I will say that I'm not impressed by LaJoie, he comes across to me as that kid in class who has to give his two cents about everything and tries so hard to be cool. Is it me or is he 100% opposite of what his father was. I just remember Randy not giving a crap and going out there racing. Maybe I'm wrong.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Twitter has definitely made these "rivalries" more like childish feuds than anything of substance. Take that away, and you wouldn't hear much.

CCM284

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that's fucking disgusting. And to make matters worse, the infield was closed to the public fans so the only people who could have done this are either a team member, NASCAR personnel, or a track worker. Whoever did this need to be held accountable and should be barred from attending any NASCAR events for life.

wslates

SRD Member
Reaction score
And for all you bitching and moaning about Bubba Wallace/NASCAR taking a stand with BLM, this is why. Racism still exists all around us and still exists in this sport. The sport needs to support minority voices and take a hard stand against racism. The sooner we can weed out these sorry excuses for human beings, the sooner we can improve our sport and make it a better and more welcoming place.

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score
And for all you bitching and moaning about Bubba Wallace/NASCAR taking a stand with BLM, this is why. Racism still exists all around us and still exists in this sport. The sport needs to support minority voices and take a hard stand against racism. The sooner we can weed out these sorry excuses for human beings, the sooner we can improve our sport and make it a better and more welcoming place.
while I agree... it was magnified in NASCAR with Larson's iRacing comments...

Chevellion

Former SRD Cup League Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
My money's on a local track worker - FBI and DoJ are now looking into the matter:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/us/nascar-noose-bubba-wallace-spt-trnd/index.html

It's incredibly depressing to see a culture so desperate to hold onto racist ideals that they resort to hate, intolerance, and violence towards others as a means of "expression."

The Confederacy failed. Naziism failed. Hate will fail. It's well past time to leave these ideals behind.

Last edited: