Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Elio Lugaru

NASCAR Furry
SRD Member
Reaction score
Welp, that’s not gonna be a good look for Bubba & NASCAR.

(Though, with hangings being a thing recently, i can see how someone could mistake that.)

Last edited:

Riley Maddox

SRD Member
Reaction score
How is it not a good look for Bubba? He didn't have anything to do with the rope or whatever it is...

ayrwolf

Where ever your're at, there you are
SRD Member
Reaction score
Tonight I’m ashamed to be a NASCAR fan. They knew exactly that it was a door pull when it was first discovered and milked the situation for publicity. The MSM ( Moody, Pockrass) that cover NASCAR are also to blame for inciting the current tension in America and fanning the flames before they had any facts. Big Bill is spinning in his grave faster than a Yates engine on the backstretch at AutoClub

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
Tonight I’m ashamed to be a NASCAR fan. They knew exactly that it was a door pull when it was first discovered and milked the situation for publicity. The MSM ( Moody, Pockrass) that cover NASCAR are also to blame for inciting the current tension in America and fanning the flames before they had any facts. Big Bill is spinning in his grave faster than a Yates engine on the backstretch at AutoClub
Aren't you doing the same? Where are the facts that Nascar and the writers knew about this?

starscream24

Captain of Unpopular Opinions.
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm more pissed that the yuck yucks and beer guts are gonna keep saying "I tOlD yA sO" on social media. I'm still glad Nascar did something and proved that they are willing to be progressive. Better to be safe than sorry. Can we at least be positive about something instead of just immediately shitting on it. This crappy year has been bad enough.

artofspeed

Star Fox cosplayer and fan of Cheezits
SRD Member
Reaction score
I think this is basically a case of new guy on the team, or maybe something that that member didn't know about, and reacted to discovering it, especially given that his driver is black and given the events going on both in the US and NASCAR. To be honest, I have been there myself, I made that assumption after reading the release statement. There have been times you don't realize something, but then your attention gets brought to it, and then you see stuff you would have never noticed before. For people to immediately get butt hurt over the results and a simple mistake probably brought on by such, it kind of brings the racists that have been hiding since this start to the forefront. But I am proud of NASCAR, the teams, and the drivers for what they did Monday. Even if it was originally for 'the noose', in greater effect, it was a symbol and a statement that they will not tolerate such acts from anyone, fans drivers or personal.

puckhogg11

SRD Member
Reaction score
The knot was barely large enough for a wrist to go through it. A lot of people jumped on board to call it a racist act. If the news media would quit trying to be the first to report a "breaking story" we might actually get some correct news.

wslates

SRD Member
Reaction score
A few thoughts...

I hereby retract my statement that this supports the idea that racism still exists in our sport and in our world. Plenty of other things do, but this particular one of course doesn't. I'll eat my words when I'm wrong.

That being said...

I think everyone acted as they should have had in this scenario. In the context of the current state of affairs in NASCAR, a team member notified NASCAR. NASCAR notified the FBI, Bubba, and the press in that order. No one in particular was accused of anything. In the meantime, the sport as a whole rallied around Bubba and made sure that he had their full support and no one was going to screw with one of their own. A powerful sentiment.

What I disagree with is NASCAR immediately calling it a "noose", or at the very least announcing definitively that it was a noose. I think it was a little soon for that and was the spark that created a lot of the outrage, and there was better language to use considering the context. They would've still been able to announce the issue and have the FBI investigate whether it was a noose and thus a hate crime. That being said, I would much rather have NASCAR announce this and be wrong than have them sit on it and be right. I just think they could have approached this a little bit better in that regard.

JNieder51188

SRD Member
Reaction score
the rope was not tied like this in EVERY stall...
It was just on that one stall (#4) in the fall 2019 race, but I've seen a Nemechek (#87) picture from the 2018 season that had the loop on their door. The entire problem with this is that there was zero investigative journalism that took place. They all basically ran the same message and then Pockrass came out with his own person picture of that stall from fall 2019. NASCAR also failed in the sense that they should have a lot better security measures regardless of cutdown on costs for COVID. There are millions of dollars in cars and tools in the garages and a Ring camera costs $100.